• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Beginners - Introduce yourselves!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by jeromejf, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Ann

Ann

Welcome Josh, check out the beginners section to start with. There is a host of great info here. If you haven't got charting into your style, do so please. Not to be able to chart will likely cause you to fail.
    I suggest IncredibleCharts. The basics are free and will give you all you need.

Joshua_Investor likes this.
  2. rogue1

rogue1

Hi all, I'm a total stockmarket n00b.

I'd really like to find a mentor who will be happy to pass on wisdom and answer my stupid questions, and to tell me whether or not I'm crazy before I do stupid things with my money.

See you all round... :)

3. rogue1

rogue1

Adding to this, I suppose what I’m looking for most of all is how to read charts and reports and draw sensible conclusions from them...

4. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to ASF rogue! I recommend you start with the search function and trawl the forums for topics of interest. If you want to find some threads started by other beginners do a "title only" search for "Where do I start?". I know there are at least a few good threads with that (or a very similar) title.

You might also try searching for threads about "Books for beginners". Most of the best trading and investing books are many years, if not decades, old so even the very old threads on the topic are going to have plenty of good suggestions.

Regarding a mentor, just stick around and start reading. Pearls of wisdom get dropped around here all the time. If you're keen to learn, there's plenty of great information here to get you started. If you have any questions, just ask away, either by starting your own thread or posting in an existing one. A forum search may reveal that some of your questions have already been asked and answered.

If you have any questions about how things work around here, please feel free to ask. :xyxthumbs

rogue1 likes this.
  5. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

Hi Rogue

I don't know if you should seek a mentor on an online forum of random anonymous people. Only licensed advisors are legally able to give out financial advice. Remember also that just because a member has been on these boards for a while or has a high post count doesn't mean they are a proficient and successful trader or investor or have a clue what they are talking about (especially including myself). That said there are some members here who have great knowledge and insights into technical analysis and/or fundamental analysis of stocks and the market.

There is plenty of good reading to be done on these boards in this regard. Don't be afraid to stick your neck out and join in the conversation. Cheers.

Skate likes this.
  6. dreadpiraterobbie

dreadpiraterobbie

Hi guys. Looking forward to learning basics and then on from there!