Welcome to Aussie Stock Forums. By accessing this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our Code of Conduct govern Aussie Stock Forums' relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term "Aussie Stock Forums" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website (Aussie Networks Pty. Ltd. ACN 124401734). The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Registration to Aussie Stock Forums is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
Although the administrators and moderators of Aussie Stock Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable posts off this forum, it is not possible for us to review all posts. All posts express the views of their respective author, and neither the owners or management of Aussie Stock Forums will be held responsible for the content of any post.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, defamatory, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
Code of Conduct
1. Aussie Stock Forums was established and is built around the concepts of mutual respect and the free exchange of information and knowledge for the benefit of all.
2. All Aussie Stock Forums members must treat other members with respect at all times. This means insults, name calling and personal attacks on other members are strictly forbidden. Forum trolling - the intentional provoking of other forum members - is also forbidden. Please treat other members as you yourself would wish to be treated. Repeated violations of this rule will result in the permanent suspension of your Aussie Stock Forums account.
3. Obscene language and the use of language that is sexist, racist, hateful, harassing or threatening is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
4. Please do not ask for or offer specific financial advice on Aussie Stock Forums. It is illegal for anyone other than a licensed financial advisor to provide you with financial advice. Aussie Stock Forums is intended soley for the open discussion of stock market related topics and none of the information posted on the forums should be considered financial advice under any circumstances.
5. Please keep all threads ON TOPIC. If you feel like going off on a tangent, please start another thread. Off topic posts may be removed by the forum administrator or moderators.
6. Any post that is simply a blatant ramp or downramp of a stock will be removed. Continued violations will result in the suspension of your Aussie Stock Forums account.
7. You, and you alone, are responsible for the content of your posts, including any images or files attached to your posts or links contained within your posts. Any information that you post must be true or accurate to the best of your knowledge. If you are unsure of the accuracy of any information, your post should include the appropriate qualifications. Keep in mind that you may be liable for anything that you say that may be defamatory, threatening or that contravenes securities law.
8. Aussie Stock Forums must not be used for any illegal activity, including the breach of copyright or privacy legislation.
9. You are forbidden to use Aussie Stock Forums for commercial activity of any kind without receiving prior permission from the administrator. This includes the use of affiliate referral codes. Those who spam their products and/or services on Aussie Stock Forums will have their accounts permanently suspended.
10. Please be aware that it is impossible for Aussie Stock Forums to confirm the identities of its members and that some members may misrepresent themselves, their holdings or their qualifications for the purposes of fraud and/or financial gain.
11. By agreeing to this Code of Conduct you agree to grant Aussie Stock Forums a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free license to display, disseminate or syndicate, in any form, any content you post on Aussie Stock Forums.
12. If you believe an Aussie Stock Forums member has violated any of these Codes of Conduct, has breached the Aussie Stock Forums Terms and Conditions or has posted in violation of securities law, please contact the Aussie Stock Forums administrator immediately using the website Contact Us link.
Aussie Stock Forums is not a provider of any type of financial advice. The content on this website is not intended to be used as the basis for any personal financial decision. Aussie Stock Forums does not endorse the recommendations or views of its members.
The management of Aussie Stock Forums reserve the right to remove or modify any posted content for any reason without explanation. Requests for content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to terminate or take action against any Aussie Stock Forums account at any time.
INFORMATION CONCERNING ASIC REGULATORY GUIDE 162
Position of Aussie Stock Forums
Aussie Stock Forums complies with ASIC Regulatory Guide 162 regarding Internet Discussion Sites.
Aussie Stock Forums is not a provider of financial advice.
Aussie Stock Forums does not in any way endorse the views and opinions of its members, nor does it vouch for for the accuracy or authenticity of their posts.
Posts on Aussie Stock Forums may contain hyperlinks to other websites operated by third parties. These websites are not under the control of Aussie Stock Forums and Aussie Stock Forums management is not responsible for their content.
Responsibilities of Those Posting Content
It is not permitted for any Aussie Stock Forums member to post in the role of a licensed financial advisor or to post as the representative of a financial advisor.
Aussie Stock Forums members are solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of their posts, including any alterations made to their posts.
It is not permitted for Aussie Stock Forums members to ask for or offer specific buy, sell or hold recommendations on particular stocks, as a response to a request of this nature may be considered the provision of financial advice.
Information for Those Viewing Content
Posts made on Aussie Stock Forums do not constitute financial advice and do not take into account the individual circumstances and needs of particular investors. Before acting on the basis of any information presented in a post on Aussie Stock Forums you should:
(i) consider consulting a licensed adviser (ASIC’s website at www.asic.gov.au has a list of licensed advisers); and
(ii) visit ASIC’s consumer website at www.moneysmart.gov.au for general guidance about investing;
Any member found to be deliberately posting misleading or deceptive information, or carrying out illegal or unauthorised activities, will have their Aussie Stock Forums account terminated without notice and any offending posts removed immediately.
If you have good reason to suspect that any posts are false or inaccurate, are based on inside information or are likely to mislead or deceive people who view or use the posts please contact Aussie Stock Forums management using the website Contact Us link and appropriate action will be taken.
Because of the nature of the internet, it may be hard to identify or locate the person making a posting. The person may also be in an overseas jurisdiction, so it may be hard to take any legal action against them.
You will have no access to ASIC-approved dispute resolution schemes to recover any losses you may suffer by relying on posts on Aussie Stock Forums.