• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Beginners - Introduce yourselves!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by jeromejf, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Ann

Ann

Welcome Crunchy! There are some really interesting and very well informed people here, feel free to jump into any subject which is of interest to you.

2. Crunchy

Crunchy

Thanks Ann!

3. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

Welcome Crunchy.

4. Darc Knight

Darc Knight Investor not Trader

"Really nteresting" lol. Geez Ann, you make us sound like a bunch of cross dressers ...... not that theres anything wrong with that, apparently.

Welcome Crunchy!

5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to ASF Crunchy! I'm sure you'll find plenty of like minded people here. Please don't be afraid to ask questions and get involved in the various discussions. That goes for all newcomers to the community. If you can't find an existing thread with an answer to your question or query then feel free to start a new one yourself.

If you need any assistance, or have any questions about how things work around here, please don't hesitate to let me know. Enjoy the forums!

6. Ann

Ann

DK .....sweety, sweety daaarling! If I was talking about one of my beloved trans I would use the description of exotic and flamboyant, never interesting. I would also raise the pitch in my voice.
    Really interesting (using my normal deep voice) means there is a collection of the brilliant, the knowledgeable, the fakers, the learners, the d!cks and the really profound gentleman for whom you would walk the extra mile. :)

Darc Knight likes this.
  7. Moneygrub

Moneygrub

hi all just found your forum and found it very interesting reading some of the comment. just started buying share in a small way but love to learn more cheers

greggles, Joe Blow and Darc Knight like this.
  8. Joe Blow

Welcome Moneygrub! I hope you find the forums to be educational and informative. If you have any questions, please ask.

9. tinhat

Hi Moneygrub. Jump in and join the conversation any time. Welcome.

10. b1gcr4ig

b1gcr4ig

Hi,

Just joined up, know nothing, got hammered with cryptos after getting swept along for the ride, think it is now time to get serious and plan for a future where I can actually plan to live.

cheers

11. tinhat

Welcome b1gcr4ig. With the market currently in a correction now might be a good time to look at some potential entries into stocks but who knows where the market is headed from here.

12. Ann

Ann

Welcome b1gcr4ig, fell free to jump into any thread which is of interest to you!

13. shoaibuddin_23

shoaibuddin_23

Hey guys just joined the forum, I am 33 yrs old, looking to take baby steps into the trading and investing. I have no knowledge or background, have a bit of savings looking to learn and understand the market better before I make any moves.

14. shoaibuddin_23

shoaibuddin_23

Hey cunno, i am in the same boat as you, reading up everything. have a bit of savings not much, but want to start somewhere, it would be great if we could share info, if you have figured where to start, would be great if you can share.

15. Trav.

Trav.

@Austwide

I use ProTrader as I have found it very simple to use and the owner Frank Watkins also has a very good book aimed at people like us. Another reason I like the software is it is cloud based therefore I can access it on my tablet when at work as I am FIFO and dont want to carry another laptop with trading software on it. He also does a Friday broadcast where he goes through some scans and comments on breakouts, volume etc.

I have subscribed for maybe a year now but will start checking out something a little more advanced next year but maybe that is just me wanting to run before I can walk ;)

http://www.protrader.com.au

Cheers Trav

16. Ann

Ann

Shaoibuddin 23, welcome! Feel free to join in anytime there is anything of interest.

17. Skate

Skate

@Austwide

@Trav. gave you a great suggestion & here is mine..

The software program I have elected to use is ‘Amibroker’ a powerful yet inexpensive charting program with the unique ability to code and implement your own strategy or you can purchase a trading strategy off-the-shelf.

With Amibroker and a data supplier such as Norgate ‘Premium Data’ you have a complete self-sustained package to create and implement your own trading plan.

Skate.

Trav. likes this.
  18. mack_truganina

mack_truganina

Hi just getting started, I am mack from Truganina VIC.
    Hoping to crowd sorce my knowledge and learn a trick or two.

Smurf1976 and Joe Blow like this.
  19. Joe Blow

Welcome Mack! :xyxthumbs

20. Joshua_Investor

Joshua_Investor

Hi all,
    This will be my first post, seemed like the place to put it =)

I have been trading very "safely" now since i was around 23, blue chip and slow return type trading. I have spent months now researching day trading and am looking to change my style to something more aggressive. I'm currently only trading using nabtrade but it feels clunky ( could be be haha). Is there something more live and fast trading, a more suitable platform that would suit a beginner.

Cheers, Josh.