Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Need assistance to set trailing stop loss on NAB IRESS

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a few shares that are starting to run and I would like to add a trailing stop loss. I have access to the NAB IRESS but unfortunately the help files are basically non existent. I see the the IRESS software is used by many companies and different modules and aspects of the IRESS software are turned on for different companies. Nab looks to have a very limited IRESS ability.

I would like to set a trailing stop loss for share XXX.ASX. I want all 1000 shares to sell if the share drops 5% at any stage of trading.
stop loss IRESS.jpg

The left hand side panel under STRATEGY is where I need help. Is this correct? Thank you in advance. I really don't want to make a mistake on this and have my shares sold unless they drop. I think they still have some upward movement in them but I will be offline for a while and want to catch close to the top of this run.

Reactions
Is noone familiar with IRESS here?

Even NAB can't help...

This is NAB's own version of iress. Its significantly different from say desktop iress though if you call the iress number someone MIGHT be able to help.
Seriously though just dial NAB again. Clearly the person you spoke to first time has no idea

This is what they GENERALLY mean by trailing 'steps':
https://www.ig.com/uk/spread-betting-stops-limits#main_title_h2_2
https://beta.dailyfx.com/forex/educ...on/2014/01/14/How_to_Use_a_Trailing_Stop.html

Reactions
Hi Skyquake, thank you for taking the time on this. NAB have finally got back to me with some assistance, too.

Regards,

Reactions
Hi kaerai,
How did you go with the Trailing stop with nabiress ?
I'm just trying to work it out at the moment.
any help would be great explaining how to setup especially the startegy part of the order panel.
my email is garvey_mark@msn.com
thanks.
Garvo