• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Learning materials for a beginner

Discussion in 'Beginner's Lounge' started by blaz0430, Sep 16, 2014.

1. blaz0430

blaz0430

Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone can suggest some good learning resources. I spent $7000 on a course just for it to have no support and very out dated so that has sent me broke so please if anyone has any useful links or books to buy please share!

Thanks guys

2. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

I see this type of post with regular monotony.

For ALL Noobs out there.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM A COURSE

If you could write down the specifics of what you expect a course to deliver---what would that be?

3. blaz0430

blaz0430

i would like a course to start with the very basics and different types of trading with definitions then to build up in difficulty instead of information jumping straight from easy to expert. 5 day a week support would be really great as well. The main problem with a lot of courses is the support is very bad

4. Julia

Julia In Memoriam

For this, at least, you can obtain it free from the ASX website, www.asx.com.au. Go to their Education link.
    You will find easy to understand modules which you can self test as you conclude each.

5. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

What do you think 5 day a week support would be worth.
    The volume of questions and the quality of answer required
    for noobs would be astronomical. Your basically wanting an
    experienced trader to be on hand walking you through each question.

I have an expert programmer working for me at $110 an hr and I demand to know everything.
    Im not a noob but let me tell you this guy certainly makes me feel like one!

You don't need that for what you have stated you want ---Do you?

6. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

+1 to the free info on the ASX website. A good place to start, the website of the stock market itself, and no cost.

Lots of info on this forum if you want to learn. Also no cost apart from your time reading it.

Financial Sense Newshour (free download) is worth a listen too. It's an American program so no reference to anything listed on the ASX but he makes a lot of thought provoking comments about the general economic and market situation. Even if you don't agree with every point he makes, he'll get you thinking about things that's for sure. http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/fs-insider/big-picture Lots of other articles on that site too, most of them available at no cost.