Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Ideas... not advice

Reactions
I was reviewing this the other day and thanks again for the ideas.
2 years have passed. They turned out to be pretty good for us...and probably many here. This despite my wife studying 2020 rather than working. We are still working and will be for another several years - especially my younger wife :)..But she wants to, so all is good there. Look above for the changes to our circumstances in 2 short years.
The figures in bold are the current figures.

I am currently preparing investment property 1 for sale. There will be CGT but with the 50% discount pro rata'd for the % of time it has been let it wont be too bad. And I can make a voluntary super in same FY contribution to minimise the hit.

Those funds will go towards the loan on the PPR - and will take the balance down to under 60k.

Interest rates will go up at some point so it seems a good time to do this with this unexpected CG.

Still happy to take ideas!
Sounds like you are doing fine lindsayf, the last year should have crystallised your plan and shown that once in a lifetime events are happening much more often.
I still operate on a very conservative plan, which still allows for the worst and hopes for the best.

Reactions
Still going to plan:)....with a very good dose of good luck.
Prepped it and Sold IP1 and got it unconditional just before we went into lockdown.
Sold after 3 days on the market. Got 4 offers all above asking price. Accepted 415 without conditions with 30 day settlement and they waived the cooling off period. They were investors from Melbourne I understand.
Very glad I stuck to my market assessment and not the agents. He would have put it on the market for 50k less than I insisted on.
Doesn't say much for the quality of the 'market professionals' assessment skills..but we all know they are more interested in a quick commission than the best price for the seller. In this case both were achieved - more or less.

Reactions
Still going to plan:)....with a very good dose of good luck.
Prepped it and Sold IP1 and got it unconditional just before we went into lockdown.
Sold after 3 days on the market. Got 4 offers all above asking price. Accepted 415 without conditions with 30 day settlement and they waived the cooling off period. They were investors from Melbourne I understand.
Very glad I stuck to my market assessment and not the agents. He would have put it on the market for 50k less than I insisted on.
Doesn't say much for the quality of the 'market professionals' assessment skills..but we all know they are more interested in a quick commission than the best price for the seller. In this case both were achieved - more or less.
well done , whether with it was good luck or not

enjoy