• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

VMT - Vmoto Limited

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by Gar, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. peter2

    peter2

    Posts:
    3,520
    Likes Received:
    5,459
    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks for the prompt on VMT. I traded this years ago and did OK but it's not been on my radar for a long time and I'd forgotten it even exists. I've put it back in my spec list as the price is going up.
     
    Ann likes this.
  2. SuperGlue

    SuperGlue

    Posts:
    397
    Likes Received:
    34
    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2009
    Well done peter2.

    Good pick, up 52%

    "Worldwide Ducati Licensing agreement"
     
  3. aus_trader

    aus_trader

    Posts:
    1,101
    Likes Received:
    1,087
    Joined:
    May 30, 2017
    Wow, what a comeback !
     
  4. Miner

    Miner

    Posts:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    528
    Joined:
    May 2, 2007
    You have hit a jackpot today. Congratulations :)
     
    verce, Ann and aus_trader like this.
  5. peter2

    peter2

    Posts:
    3,520
    Likes Received:
    5,459
    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2008
    @Ann Nice selection and great timing.

    Today's news about signing with Ducati will certainly increase their brand awareness. Having failed (so far) to succeed in the China/Asian mass market their move to target a high end product in Europe has started well.
     
  6. verce

    verce

    Posts:
    392
    Likes Received:
    161
    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Good work @Ann just noticed you tipped this one. Very happy for you! You deserve it. :):2twocents:xyxthumbs
     
    Ann likes this.
  7. verce

    verce

    Posts:
    392
    Likes Received:
    161
    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    How did I miss this one? :D
     
    Miner likes this.
  8. galumay

    galumay learner

    Posts:
    2,118
    Likes Received:
    694
    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    Wow, thats a comeback from the dead! I remember looking at them a few years ago and they were in a death spiral. I didnt even know the company still existed.

    EDIT - ok, had a closer look and they are still on life support! Still making a significant loss.
     
  9. SuperGlue

    SuperGlue

    Posts:
    397
    Likes Received:
    34
    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2009
    Well done Ann.
    Didn't see your post on the previous page.
     
    Ann likes this.
  10. Gringotts Bank

    Gringotts Bank

    Posts:
    6,175
    Likes Received:
    602
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Anyone have thoughts on the likelihood of a CR?
     
  11. Clansman

    Clansman

    Posts:
    99
    Likes Received:
    21
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    probability 99%
    improbability 1%
     
  12. galumay

    galumay learner

    Posts:
    2,118
    Likes Received:
    694
    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    Of what? (BTW if an event has a probability of 99% then the improbability of that event is always 1% so its redundant to rate the improbability)
     
  13. Clansman

    Clansman

    Posts:
    99
    Likes Received:
    21
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    You got a better or less redundant or less improbable opinion?
     
  14. galumay

    galumay learner

    Posts:
    2,118
    Likes Received:
    694
    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    I still dont know what probability you are assessing. 99% probability is basically absolute certainty with a margin of error, so you could be talking about the sun rising tomorrow for all i know!
     
  15. Ann

    Ann

    Posts:
    2,093
    Likes Received:
    1,029
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2005
    CR=Capital Raising is my guess but I was hoping someone like yourself would ask! :)
     
  16. Clansman

    Clansman

    Posts:
    99
    Likes Received:
    21
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2011
    The probability of a capital raising is high (99%) and the probability of there not being a capital raising is low ( 1%). The pullback always tells the real story.
     
  17. galumay

    galumay learner

    Posts:
    2,118
    Likes Received:
    694
    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    Aghhh...so you think there will be a CR, maybe there was a post by someone that I have on ignore, because there was no context at all for your post on my timeline - apologies if that was the case.

    As a pedant I would probably still take issue with thinking it was a 99% probability, but i would certainly agree it looks likely and the timing is obviously good with the recent increase in price.
     
  18. Garpal Gumnut

    Garpal Gumnut

    Posts:
    9,281
    Likes Received:
    542
    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2006
    Like many on ASF this was on my radar but was off until Ann picked it and leads in the comp.

    I'd be watching volume on this one.

    A chart over the past month.

    VMT.gif
     
  19. Ann

    Ann

    Posts:
    2,093
    Likes Received:
    1,029
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2005
    This was a quick fluke pick of mine because of the article I found and posted, if it goes up and places in the comp I can take no kudos for having the smarts (the prize money will go to ASF). Since I chose it I have looked closer at the chart. It is not a chart which inspires me with confidence. They are a recycled company and were called Optima Corporation Limited until they changed their name to Vmoto Limited on the 24.4.2007. On or about 4/6/15 the company consolidated its shares 1 for 10. (Legally stole 90% of the shareholders money) :(
    The shares were 50c at the time. They fell from then on until they got to a low of .045 on 30/11/18. IMO I wouldn't touch this company with a pair of tongs, (apologies to anyone holding)....but I could be wrong! :)

    ....and the chart from the Optima time until yesterday's close....

    vmt 9.5.19.png
     
  20. myrtie100

    myrtie100

    Posts:
    199
    Likes Received:
    166
    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2014
    Bahaha..... I've never heard that before Ann - my sides are splitting with laughter.
     
    Ann likes this.

Share This Page