• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by MrMarcus, May 6, 2008.

1. bellenuit

bellenuit

Did a wire transfer Friday at 8:40pm EST. It is in my NAB account this morning (Monday). I suspect it was received Saturday, but NAB probably held crediting the account until the next business day, which is today.

2. minwa

minwa

Must be an ANZ thing then. Didn't seem to have problem with CBA.

This bank is worrying me, called up to get a new password, didn't have telecode password. So to confirm identity, all the operator asked me was my full name. Then recited my address and email to me lol. Apparently all I need to access and reset someone's net banking password is to know their full name and logon id. Oh and a bonus for the hacker, they will throw in the owner's address and email too.

3. brisman

brisman

I've been waiting over a week for an ACH transfer from a US bank account. It worked fine in a few days before they transferred the account to IB Aust but now it's been held up for some reason.

4. madbull

madbull

Hi guys, got one of those daily alerts today in my email and says my Account XXXXX down more than $X. The value being my whole portfolio and funds. I logged into my ib account and everything was gone.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Also a Sunday so cannot contact anyone about it, but it's making me a bit anxious.

5. hallph

hallph

Yep likewise - not sure what's up?

6. Nitro773

Nitro773

Which account though.

Your new account number (to which your funds would have been transferred) would have a 7 after the U (mine did anyway), so it would be correct that your old account number would be showing a balance of zero.

If you don’t see your new account number when you log into IB account management, it would be a systems issue that IB have overlooked and will quickly correct. Send them a ticket about it.

7. hallph

hallph

Was thinking that must be it. Gotta be a systems error. I'm just on the mobile app and can't see any new account number or holdings.

I was sent two emails with subject
    Margin cushion: 0% remaining (UXXXXXX)
    Account UXXXXXX down more than xxxxK

We'll see

8. Moravid

Moravid

Same here, receive messages nearly daily telling me my account is down by X amount (which equals the entire portfolio) but money is still there, phew. Gave me quite the shock!

9. Rc366

Rc366

Has anyone successfully implemented a daily recurring email or FTP statement through PortfolioAnalyst or Flex Queries. I can only receive the Daily Activity Log on a daily basis.

I've spoken with Help line, he suggested that a MTD PortfolioAnalyst statement would recur daily, surely a Flex Query statement can get send daily...?

10. padman

padman

Could someone jig my memory... Was cfds allowed under the US entity before they transferred all accounts to the Aus entity?

Also, would cfds potentially replace them not giving us margin lending? I'm contemplating opening an account using another country residence to get margin lending.

11. Indoril

Indoril

CFD's were not allowed before with a cash account but are now. I don't know whether or not they plan to allow margin accounts at a later date or not.

12. brisman

brisman

They seem to have US bank transfers (ACH) working now

13. waterbottle

waterbottle

Hi All,

Does anyone know why I cannot convert AUD cash to GBP cash? I have managed to do so for AUD to USD using the FXCONV option, although it isn't allowing me to do the same for GBP. I get an error message saying that I am not allowed, but I do not understand why

14. Rc366

Rc366

Yes, you can only trade forex in currencies other than USD via CFD's at least this is my understanding. If you want to buy long foreign stocks just put the buy order in and IB will convert for you.

15. freebird54

freebird54

16. Rc366

Rc366

Has anyone go the new Client Portal working, I can only get the 404 error when logging in..

17. brisman

brisman

I can't get it to work either so I'm assuming it isn't set up for IB Aust customers yet.

Rc366 likes this.
  18. Sir Burr

Sir Burr

I've a new Aussie account and can see the new Account Management Beta as soon as I login.

Have the option to go back to the "Classic".

19. Rc366

Rc366

If you have just signed up you might have missed the promo email sent last week, looks like IB are rolling out a few new web apps, one of which appears designed for buy and hold style portfolios

20. Sir Burr

Sir Burr