• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

DMX - DMX Corporation

Discussion in 'Stocks 0-H' started by Gordon Gecko, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

Been watching this one since Nov last year.

Chairman was full of promises but still a whole lot of silence.

To think is was 50c a few years back.

Any comments?

2. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

Re: DMX - Any followers

Some one is buying 500k and at the sellers price. It is up 50% on last week. Could mean positive news on the horizon.

The details of the 2c/share share placement are still to be announced. There may be news of a new contract included in the announcement. Jon assured me the announcement would be out before end Sept.

Could be worth watching. Do your own research though?

3. Bingo

Bingo

A lot of buyers there so far this morning at high 2's. Looks`interesting I will be keeping an eye on it.

Bingo

4. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

You have to love it when a penny stock decides to go for a walk, especially when less than 7 days ago you bought them.

5. Bingo

Bingo

Gordon,

Any idea why it dropped so much late to-day.

Bingo

6. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

My guess is there were a few traders with the same idea as me. I bought expecting to see the placement announcement with a possible announcement about a new contract. The 30% jump was enough for me to take profit. Then the end of September came and went and no announcement, resulting in a sell off.

I am back in looking to pick some up again at 2.3c

7. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

Would it be considered a good thing that a director is prepared to put up unsecured finance to fund the development of the company?

The underwriter of the proposed placement has withdrawn. The announcement is also not considered to have any affect on the sp which I find interesting. Personally I would be concerned that an underwriter withdraws and no reason is given.

8. RichKid

RichKid PlanYourTrade > TradeYourPlan

Probably shows that the Director's got faith in it if he's exposing himself. I'm assuming he has the option of not doing it himself- or it'll be a desperate measure. It is worrying when no one else wants to finance it.

Those are just guesses BTW. Glad you booked a profit earlier, I'm always weary of falling stocks that survive on the odd annoucement.

9. Gordon Gecko

Gordon Gecko

Something is happening here. Large interest developing and has almost doubled in price in the last week.

10. imajica

imajica

Re: DMX - Dolomatrix International

January edition of Smart Investor has a favourable article on DMX

DYOR and put it on your watchlist

11. imajica

imajica

told u it would run in the short term

look at it go

12. adobee

adobee

DMX trading at $1.10 - Substanial increases with no announcements, is this from the Smart Investor article or is there speculation of take over ?

13. scsl

scsl

bt777 just posted a good article on DMX in the 'Global warming - Best Companies' thread. (It sounded very positive and prompted me to do a search on other DMX related threads.)

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4664&highlight=dmx

On the day the article came out (14 Dec 2006), DMX jumped 10% on very strong volume, and has since put on 29%. One to watch in the coming years. Any holders still?

(don't hold)

14. LifeisShort

LifeisShort

No but there is aq similar stock to Dolomatrix in Tox Free Solutions. THey are going from strength to strength and you can get a couple of good reports on their website. Definitely one to watch with Dolomatrix. They are both in the same line of work and both turning in a nice profit this year based on forecasts. Good growth potential

15. Halba

Halba

DMX prospective p/e is lower than TOX.

16. bt777

bt777

DMX

Starting to move up again

17. Halba

Halba

Hi anyone else in this? Hard to find value in an over valued mkt.

18. billhill

billhill

Yeah i'm holding. Good potential long play with changing attitudes to the environment and sustainability. Also could be a takeover target from transpacific industries.

19. Halba

Halba

Good work guys. I hold 28,000 shares in this one. Bit disappointed with the recent correction, but i hold it for the strategic stake(takeover with TPI)

I will be buying more if their report is weak and there is a selldown under ninety.

Agreed good to have some environmental/waste mngmt exposure. Theres not much around. You have the choice of TPI which sells at a large forward p/e, or TOX which has gone up 30% recently, or DMX with a low market capitalisation <$120m. DMX is expanding through acquisitions and has a good management team (ex cleanaway mngmt joined recently). I believe they are working on bedding down a few overseas contracts relating to their plascon global warming technology.

Tenbagger quarterly had a good report on it saying its technology is blue sky potential. We'll see, but i bought it purely on waste mngmt assets.

20. adobee

adobee

Down 5% to 87cents, is this a reasonable buy at this price it is about the same price as December / January where do people see this downward trend stopping ?