• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

ASF Downtime

Discussion in 'Announcements and Site News' started by Joe Blow, Apr 16, 2007.

1. barney

barney

Seems a bit harsh Miss Anne:oops: …… but not trying to judge your right to voice your opinion … that is what makes a Forum function;)

Irrespective of @Skate 's intentions …. I'm sure you would agree that his thread was/is informative and generated a lot of traffic to the ASF site?? No other point to make … but a little friction/contention is often both enjoyable and productive, so hopefully Skate will be happy to discuss your point of view:cool::)

2. galumay

galumay learner

Seems about right, the discussion about @Skate piqued my interest as I couldnt remember seeing him post - once I searched I realised I have him on ignore, thats a fair indication that @Ann was on the money!!

Skate likes this.
  3. basilio

basilio

The conversation has begun on the introduction of likes to ASF.

I can see Annes point - to an extent. What it does do, IMO is create a incentive for people to get likes and ticks. Frankly that is just human. Rewarding good behaviour in a classroom. Acknowledging someones good idea or hard work in a project. Encouraging a friend who is having a bumpy time for whatever reason. They are all human ways of encouraging others.

What I have seen elsewhere, which might be considered, is changing "like" to "respect" . I suggest it can work as well and takes in the comments made by other posters recognising they use likes to acknowledge the thought people have put into posts or their willingness to post on a topic even if they don't necessarily agree.

Skate and Smurf1976 like this.
  4. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

Normal
    Breaking up your posts into 2 sentences each with a bold heading is normal somewhere in the world. I just haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Acquired Taste
    His posting style is an acquired taste. Perhaps someone appreciates his abundant use of headings.

This is Important
    Even the most mundane sentence can be broken out into its own heading. You know, if you really want to.

Let's Not Forget (repost)
    Always include a comment and remind your reader that it is a repost. This reminds them that your past words really should be published into a book. Where IS my publishing agent?

OK. I'm just having fun here, and it's all tongue-in-cheek. Skate can post in whatever style he likes. But it certainly is unique.

barney, Skate, Trav. and 1 other person like this.
  5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

OK, everything seems to be back to normal now.

Sorry about that service disruption folks. More hosting dramas. It was some technical issue at their end that has now been resolved. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Thank you for your patience.