• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Access ASX database via Programming

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by SirRumpole, Jan 28, 2017.

1. DaveDaGr8

DaveDaGr8

Does anyone have any recent experience with paritech pulse ? i used it years ago, but ditched it when i had kids and stopped trading for a while.

More specifically, what's the api like. I currently use IB's API and would like something similar to that but without the restrictions ( 100 tickers ).

2. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

I've been trading with Paritrade, now OpenMarkets, for almost 10 years, using Pulse intensively. I do not, however, use any APIs. Anything I need outside Pulse (which IMHO beats anything webIress has to offer), I write myself in Excel.

3. ThingyMajiggy

ThingyMajiggy

Making progress on the GUI front :D

asxpricegrabdemo.gif

ajcode and Trembling Hand like this.
  4. ThingyMajiggy

ThingyMajiggy

Well I thought it was cool, big milestone for me to make a GUI :cool::p I may have even done a little dance :laugh::geek:

Ahem, as you were! :D

5. ajcode

ajcode

I thought I'd have a crack at this using yahoo finance watchlist scripts. I have attached file wlyh_20170209.zip which contains the following files:

symlist.csv: Contains symbols used to download delayed data for. Modify to suit your needs.
    wlyh.pl: Perl watchlist script to fetch yahoo delayed data for symbols.
    wlyh.py: Python(2.7 and 3+) watchlist script to fetch yahoo delayed data for symbols.

These scripts read symbols in from symlist.csv. Then every x seconds (variable sleepdur), download the corresponding delayed data from yahoo finance, clear the screen and display the results in the command prompt/terminal window. The variable "sleepdur" is currently set to 5 seconds, but you can change to suit your needs.

To run, open up the command prompt/terminal window and navigate to the directory where zip file was extracted, then run either script like so:

perl wlyh.pl
    or
    python wlyh.py

Every x seconds, it will clear the screen and display the information with the following columns:

Symbol, Last Price, Volume(Daily), Last Time, Prev Close

I tested this successfully on Windows 7 and Linux.

Let me know if it works for you and thoughts?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Attached Files: