Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Two-way block

Reactions
GG, this is a one way street, you'll cause an accident....

Smurf, my previous post.........it's not aimed at you.....have to clarify this in case you misunderstood....honest, cross my heart

Reactions
Unfortunately people who insist on having an argument can turn others off so much that it's not worthwhile continuing an argument, even though the nuisance is not being insulting or derogatory. In those cases I think it's best to agree to disagree at some point and go on to something else.
As soon as I saw your comment , I thought of another TV show, Monty Python and the argument sketch.

Mick

Reactions
Smurf, I agree that the block is necessary esp, when one's mental health is impacted by posts of derogatory nature......not all obvious but simple derogatory nouns, adjectives, phrasing of sentences, tone conveyed in posts, all amount to bullying. Whist we are an investment forum, focused on making money, money isn't everything.....in the pursuit of money, we lose sight of others...........taking care of other people etc..........
Fully agree.

Toxic negativity is an epidemic in society in my view, it's everywhere especially online, and we'd all be better off without it.

MovingAverage

Quant Wannabe
Reactions
Have to admit I love the block/ignore function on ASF. I'm please to find out old mate skate has put me on block and it's like a monkey is off my back. Long live the ignore function