Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Commsec Outstanding Orders Problem (1 Viewer)

Reactions
Hi All

Has anyone else have a problem with Commsec where you have placed in market an outstanding order only to find it missing?

By that I mean completely removed.

It does not occur in any pattern but only appears to pick out orders at random.

I have tried contacting Commsec, but they only reply by saying it should not be happening.

Tried doing searches to see if any one else has had this problem but nothing is being picked up.

Thanks for your help.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
What has gone missing? some times orders are purged if there are certain types of company announcements made, also some stocks that are funds trade differently and are only open for the day they are placed..then disappear at the close.

Reactions
What has gone missing? some times orders are purged if there are certain types of company announcements made, also some stocks that are funds trade differently and are only open for the day they are placed..then disappear at the close.

I placed this order at the same as two others. One was acted upon and I brought the stock. The other is still oustanding.

This particular stock has just disappeared off the outstanding buy list with no explaination. It was not purchased and did not expire.

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
I placed this order at the same as two others. One was acted upon and I brought the stock. The other is still oustanding.

This particular stock has just disappeared off the outstanding buy list with no explaination. It was not purchased and did not expire.

Whats the stock? i know that the state street index funds disappear at the close each day.

Reactions
Are you sure you didn't have a Good For Day order rather than Default?

That would seem to be the most logical explanation and although it may not have been your intention, you possibly may have inadvertently chosen that option.

Reactions
Definately not executed and definately not a day trade, If fact a few days after I lodged it, I checked my outstanding orders and it appeared alongside the other that I also placed.

Buy WBC $XX 21 Sep 2009 In Market

Thanks for all your help but obviously a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread