• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

SFC - Schaffer Corporation

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by Joe Blow, Jun 11, 2010.

1. galumay

galumay learner

I dont think there is any chance of debt! Its got a very healthy balance sheet, the sleeper is the huge property portfolio, which is edging closer to having the value unlocked. Its carried on the books at about $100m, if it gets developed as now seems likely that number will be much bigger.

If you read back through the history of the company its now a very different animal and the way the founder/management team have managed that turnaround is enlightening.

Of course, black swan events are always possible, and yes small free float means liquidity is low, but my style and process means I am often invested in very illiquid, tightly held businesses.

Klogg likes this.
  2. galumay

galumay learner

I will keep my eyes out for them!

Klogg likes this.
  3. galumay

galumay learner

Well SFC busted thru $17 with its HF report today. I will need to look out for peter2's stake if it keeps going north! Nothing really surprising in the HY, I suspect there is simply increasing interest in the investment assets of SFC.

(i have only skimmed thru the results so far.)

Klogg likes this.