• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Z1P & APT Prediction Competition

Discussion in 'ASX Stock Chat' started by frugal.rock, Dec 31, 2019.

1. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

The "not a real competition" is as such;
    Predict the opening price as at Friday 26/6/2020 for either or both;
    Z1P - Zip Co Ltd and
    APT -Afterpay Ltd.
    Entries accepted until end of
    Wednesday 15/1/2020, WST.
    Entrants are required to post in the individual stock thread at least 3 times, at any time during the duration.
    A gift card of $100 AUD value will be awarded to the entry closest to the mark on each company.
    Total of 2 gift cards.
    Gift cards will be from any major Australian retailer of your choice, as long as they can be purchased online. (Offline by negotiation only.)
    Gift cards will not be redeemable for cash.
    I reserve the right to make up new rules;
    a) when I feel like it,
    b) if I feel like it,
    c) within reasonable range.
    The "not a real competition" means that it is NOT a formal competition, as may be required by legislation.
    It is however, a gift for participating.
    Entries are not Financial Advice and not to be considered as such.
    The above has not been approved by Aussie Stock Forums (ASF) Management and may be altered or removed at ASF Management discretion, at any time.
    Good luck!
    F.Rock

2. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

My guess is;
    Z1P, $5.75
    APT, $37.80

The only rule I want to add, is;
    There needs to be a minimum of 10 entries for this proposition to be viable. Only need a minimum of 9 more!
    PS, disclosures are good too. :xyxthumbs
    I hold Z1P

fergee likes this.
  3. rederob

rederob

@frugal.rock I like your thinking on this one.
    Z1P has for my liking the preferred attributes for long term success, but it could be a while before it passes APT.
    So, these numbers will turn me into a donkey:
    Z1P = $5.43
    APT = $23.45
    Next step is to post in their threads....

frugal.rock and fergee like this.
  4. fergee

fergee

APT $19.80
    Z1P $2.64

I have no financial interest in either company and no plans to do so in the immediate future.

frugal.rock likes this.
  5. barney

barney

Nice idea F-R …..

I like your thinking …… especially since the gain in popularity of the competitions since @Joe Blow pumped out a few emails :) …. (if Joe is happy to go with it, perhaps he might consider a bulk email for this comp as well?)

On that line of thinking, perhaps the COMPETITION tag on the main FORUM tag could link/add any/all of the currently running Competition threads (not just the monthly) as well so that they are doubly accessible for internet lurkers?

Anyway, this looks a positive way to get lurking punters more involved and your thoughts and efforts are appreciated I'm sure, particularly given you are a more recent members of ASF;)

In the words of Tome Gleeson … Go "hard"!

I will submit my picks after appropriate due diligence:D

aus_trader, fergee and frugal.rock like this.
  6. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Thanks for the entries thus far!:)
    I figure, as it's aimed at guaging people's opinions to aid my own research, the gift cards should be tax deductible... ATM, I won't be paying a red cent on tax though at EOFY 2019.:oops: Hoping for a turn around there because I just love paying tax..:cautious::rolleyes:
    Was thinking of contacting the company's and asking whether they want to contribute to the pool ! Cheers:xyxthumbs
    Just hoping that this doesn't breach ANY rules on the forum or elsewhere?!

barney, jbocker, fergee and 1 other person like this.
  7. fergee

fergee

Thanks frugal.rock, just wanted to say this is a great idea as well. :xyxthumbs

As Barney said regarding lurkers the 2020 comp email from Joe is what brought me out of the shadows and I think a lot of other people too.

The thing I really like about these comps is that it exposes people to a lot of other companies they may not know about once they see what other people are choosing and why. I hadn't even heard of Z1P to be honest and the more I read about it the more I like it except the current market valuation that is :laugh:

Fingers crossed this "market research" you are conducting doesn't go against any forum rules or other regulation.

Cheers,
    fergee

aus_trader, barney and frugal.rock like this.
  8. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Here's an independent retailer perspective of both companies which I found interesting.
    One of the comments made basically said it's bringing more customers traffic to him so any fees he pays compensate for themselves.

aus_trader and fergee like this.
  9. fergee

fergee

Good stuff f.rock.

Z1P pay (based solely on watching this alone as I haven't researched beyond stock charts yet) sounds like it would be more of a winner for Millennials as it requires only a debit card. Its also lower in fees which retailers will like so adoption could be quicker and no down payment which all customers will like.

Initial impressions Z1P > APT .. .. . . . although both look over valued to me and running up almost exponentially on the charts so I wouldn't be looking to buy until they were well discounted.

frugal.rock likes this.
  10. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Brilliant, thanks all.
    Every post has snippets of info with opinions. Love it!
    Did a little fundamentals research... Z1P has asperations to be the leading worldwide BNPL company!
    (Think I got that out of latest annual report)
    They did 2 smaller take overs recently, but have yet to announce final acquisition info. Expected
    early-ish? this year.
    It seems that the acquisitions will be used to start Zip Biz, aiming the BNPL service at small to medium business. They also have a 15% stake in a US BNPL company.
    Will put together a table of announcement tidbits tomorrow morning hopefully.
    Cheers.

aus_trader likes this.
  11. aus_trader

aus_trader

I have traded Z1P before as can be seen in my spec portfolio closed positions and made a profit while it was still a fledgling. It's grown into a +billion dollar company so don't know if it has the potential to grow as much as it did before but given it is likely to expand into US and international I think it'll have some upside potential.

APT has already morphed into the +7billion dollar giant and I think there may be more downside than upside unless they can continue their growth rate.

Predictions:
    Z1P: $5
    APT: $28

fergee and frugal.rock like this.
  12. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

$56 APT, becoming profitable.
    $4.44 Z1P will keep expanding in Australia but waste money trying to compete overseas.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    frugal.rock likes this.
  13. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Hope the entries keep rolling in while
    we prepare for a firestorm Saturday.
    If the fire in Jerrawongala NAT Park gets into Meryla State Forest onto Manchester Square and then across 2 km of dry paddock... we gone.
    Cheers and stay safe all.
    F.Rock

14. fergee

fergee

Damn man take care. Hope your prepared to bug out if necessary.

15. aus_trader

aus_trader

Prepare as much as you can and please stay alert frugal.rock, in case you need to evacuate in time. Take care.

16. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Yes, the Saturday weather forecast is terrible. Good luck, be careful.

17. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Cheers for the well wishes.
    Have been busy reducing fuel loads... there's a southerly change coming through tomorrow evening at some stage, the southerly winds are going to push the fire closer, but I don't expect it to get too far before the winds will hold it up again. Trusting the weather forecasts here!
    I lied, it's actually 7km of paddock measured off Six Maps.
    She'll be right, mate! Ready to bug out, but shouldn't need to.
    I noticed the zip caretaker packaged it back into it's box again this afternoon.... seemingly set for Monday again.;)

aus_trader, barney and fergee like this.
  18. barney

barney

Good luck with fires FR:cautious:

Re Z1P … I'm on the fence at the moment … In other words I have no idea. Looks an each way bet in the short term:confused:

The mess on the chart reflects my indecision:)

Z1P 3Jan2020.jpg

aus_trader and frugal.rock like this.
  19. frugal.rock

frugal.rock

Thanks Barney.
    So are you going to wait and see a bit before you enter, eh? Why not. Still a good week and a half until entries close for due diligence!;)
    I really wouldn't want Joe sending out emails:confused:...extra work for him and me!:D
    5 entries in so far.

Went "hard"... and have a rather large stake in it now.
    If it does breach 3.50 "hard", I won't be dumping unless things are pointing to a most probable lower re-entry. Otherwise, happy to sit put.

Was wondering if you wanted to change your guesses fergee, after your due diligence research?:eek::D
    Cheers.
    F.Rock

aus_trader, barney and fergee like this.
  20. fergee

fergee

F.Rock that is mighty generous of you! :xyxthumbs
    You know what I was kind of kicking myself about those guesses ,I think I would like to change them :roflmao:

frugal.rock likes this.