Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

XAO Just Dropped Like A Stone

Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Posts
34
Reactions
36

UMike

Captain Klutz
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Posts
539
Reactions
84
Don't see how this affects things.

There is no way he will win this election.

Love him or hate him.

Oilers have dropped like a stone.....
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Posts
9,911
Reactions
1,556
Obviously some think Trump down is a bad thing.
The situation this evening is that Trump is a known idiot with an idiot as Vice-President called Pence.
Also Biden is a known idiot with an idiot as a Vice-Presidential running mate.
Everything was going along nicely and we were going to sell all our Mars Bars to some other kid who we don't even know in another suburb in the next week or five.
Now Trump has Covid, and Pence, Biden and Kamahl are all alive and chirpy, ( How did a Tamil/Australian singer from the Gold Coast famous for "The Elephant Song" get to be so close to being POTUS ?) and everyone is in a dither.
Everything was OK until just before 3pm today until I saw the XAO fall off a cliff.
Markets always lead. He musta got it after 3pm.
You heard it on ASF first.

gg
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Posts
11,225
Reactions
6,416
imagine,if he get covid and survive wo even going to ER..how are the clowns going to justify lockdown
must be fake news :)
Likewise imagine if the opposite happens and he dies.

This could make or break the issue one way or the other. Not rationally, he's just another individual, but if he keels over or as you say suffers no consequences well he's a very high profile case that'll influence the thinking of many. :2twocents
 
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Posts
5,675
Reactions
4,871
Statistically, he will be ok, whatever you think of him, compare with Boris...
And Boris was shaken but ended up ok..
yes i know he will die of covid in 20y but objectively doing good considering how he looked before...
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Posts
15,095
Reactions
6,058
It will be interesting to see how Wall St responds, if as the media and most on here say, he is a waste of space.
The share market should go sky high, at last they may get rid of the idiot.
If on the other hand, the market sees losing Trump as a massive hit to the U.S economy, it should tank.
Very interesting situation, could well be election defining IMO.
 
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Posts
2,482
Reactions
2,639
Let's look at the odds...... It's early days.... ::

Trump may sail through this without any negative health affects, confirming his robustness and demonstrating to his true believers that virus is not really that bad. Or he may not.

"
Many people are asymptomatic a couple of days before they develop symptoms and I think he has more than a 50 per cent chance of developing symptoms of some description," said Professor Tony Cunningham, director f the Centre for Virus Research at Westmead Institute for Medical Research and the University of Sydney.

On average, of those who develop symptoms, about 80 per cent experience a mild version. The remaining 20 per cent develop pneumonia, and of them 5 per cent become severely ill and need to be ventilated. "
The ballpark of deaths for people over 70 living in the community is 10 per cent or less."
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Posts
15,095
Reactions
6,058
Let's look at the odds...... It's early days.... ::

Trump may sail through this without any negative health affects, confirming his robustness and demonstrating to his true believers that virus is not really that bad. Or he may not.

"
Many people are asymptomatic a couple of days before they develop symptoms and I think he has more than a 50 per cent chance of developing symptoms of some description," said Professor Tony Cunningham, director f the Centre for Virus Research at Westmead Institute for Medical Research and the University of Sydney.

On average, of those who develop symptoms, about 80 per cent experience a mild version. The remaining 20 per cent develop pneumonia, and of them 5 per cent become severely ill and need to be ventilated. "
The ballpark of deaths for people over 70 living in the community is 10 per cent or less."
How old is Donald?
How long before the election?
How do the markets react?
How do people vote, in rssponse to the reaction?
It will be interesting IMO.
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Posts
9,911
Reactions
1,556
From my reading of the situation if either get in with a good majority and the Democrats control Congress and the Senate then no problems, the market will continue on up, stimulus the same, foreign policy just a smidgen different.

If the Republicans control the Senate and Biden wins and Trump contests the legitimacy of the win then things will go south quickly and chaos may ensue. The markets don't like chaos.

gg
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Posts
472
Reactions
551
Trump's not afraid to use hydroxychloroquine. Keep America Great.

tenor.gif
 
Top