• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

WZR - Wisr Limited

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by imajica, Oct 22, 2009.

1. imajica

imajica

I noticed there was no thread for berklee. Current share price 54c. In about 4weeks they are offering a fully franked dividend of 12c. That's over 20 percent half year yield. Could someone please clarify as to why the huge jump in dividends. Is it worth jumping in or am I missing something? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. System

System Administrator

On July 10th, 2015, Basper Limited (BER) changed its name and ASX code to DirectMoney Limited (DM1).

3. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Some positive news for DirectMoney today.

Alceon, an alternative investment manager with more than $1 billion of assets under management, will take a strategic stake in the company to fund growth and innovation initiatives.

The investment will be structured through an initial placement of $600,000 at $0.042 per share (being
    14,285,715 new shares), a 56% premium to the price at close of trading on 9 February 2018 and equivalent to a 3.1% shareholding. Alceon will also be granted an equal number of call options enabling them to increase their investment in the company by approximately $1.14 million at $0.08 per share, a 196% premium to the price at close of trading on 9 February 2018.

DM1 up 1.4c to 4.1c today, a gain of 51.85%. It's been trading in a very tight range since July last year and this is the first announcement that has sent it through 4c since August 2017. Volume today was almost 5.5 million shares, highest volume day since July 2015.

4. System

System Administrator

On March 14th, 2018, DirectMoney Limited (DM1) changed its name and ASX code to Wisr Limited (WZR).

5. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Wisr Limited has been having a good few months, up from 4.5c at the end of February to 12c today.

WZR launched their app on 18 March and on 28 March announced that they had raised approximately $15 million after costs via an oversubscribed placement of approximately 220 million ordinary shares at 6.8c a share.

In their Quarterly Report released on 30 April they announced a 293% increase in quarterly loan originations when compared to the same period last year (Q3FY18).

With WZR pushing through to new highs today this might be one to keep an eye on.

big.chart-WZR.gif

Knobby22 likes this.
  6. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

It's certainly has had a remarkable run up. Hopefully, this trajectory will continue.
    upload_2019-5-20_8-23-52.png

7. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

This fintech is another one of my more speculative holding but I am growing more comfortable with it the more I learn about the business and watch it grow. I doubled my holdings last week.

They started off as a peer to peer lender but decided that there wasn't enough growth in that business model and relaunched under the Wisr brand as a non-secured personal loan business. They have been in a start-up phase of that business, operating as a loan originator and securitizing and on-selling the loan book to keep it off balance sheet.

Just recently they announced a deal of up to $200 million "debt warehousing" facility with NAB that triples their loan margin. This money comes from the $2 billion of funds NAB has earmarked for direct investment into the fintech sector.

Yesterday they announced that their total loans originated had hit $150m. I would hope that they use the money saved through the tripling of the loan margin to raise their sales and marketing effort.

They aim to launch a secured vehicle financing product.

The things that attract me to this business are their:

- ethical and sustainable lending model,

- focus on building a high quality non-secured personal loan book,

- ability to compete with the big banks and other lenders by offering competitive (not predatory) interest rates,

- marketing strategy of focusing on customer financial wellbeing, their 100% online business model, financial wellbeing app that helps clients pay-down debt, and overall appeal of their offering to the millenial market and beyond,

- their early mover advantage in leveraging into new competitive landscape that is opening up with the open banking platform which provides lenders such as Wizr with realtime data on loan applicants that enables sophisticated risk analysis with far less human review (cost) to writing a loan.

Trav. likes this.
  8. tinhat

Wisr features in Livewire Markets top stock calls for 2020

9. tinhat

As stated in my previous post, one factor in my investment thesis is the implementation of the open banking protocol. This was a theme amongst the speakers at the fintech 2020 and beyond seminar I attended in November.

Here is an article from today's SMH on open banking and fintech:

Open banking and rise of fintechs to disrupt big banks' 'rivers of gold'

Here is a good overview and timetable for the industry implementation of the open banking reforms
    https://www.finder.com.au/open-banking

WZR has taken off on the back of some favourable coverage and the current market interest in the fintech sector. Volume has been rising since November last year with some big volume going through last week. I'd be interested to hear any views of chartists on where the next top might be.

upload_2020-1-11_9-31-47.png

10. frugal.rock

frugal.rock "Time wait's for no man"

11. tinhat

A fair point, but the author is talking about the retail end, the consumer interface, which is where most of the value add is at. WZR are now tapping into a debt facility with NAB and I think they have also been sourcing debt from Macquarie. Where do the big four banks get their money from? Deposit holders don't account for much of the funding. Ultimately, under the modern global fiat currency monetary system, money is printed by central banks and gets distributed through a financial system that enriches a lot of people along a chain down to where it entraps the consumer into the capitalist utopia we all thrive under.

frugal.rock likes this.
  12. Zaxon

Zaxon The voice of reason

WZR has had a massive run up in the last 3 months. Hopefully, that will continue for another month.

upload_2020-1-29_19-50-32.png

tinhat likes this.
  13. tinhat

I don't know whether it will still be on a gallop next month or making a bit of a retracement from it's recent gallop. It will be interesting to see how much they scale back the retail share purchase plan entitlement. I think they said they are only looking to raise $1.5m from the retail SPP which is a pittance really compared to what they raised in the institutional/sophisticated investor placement. I applied for the full entitlement in expectation that it will get scaled back. They reserve the right to raise more than the $1.5m and it will be interesting to see to what degree they feel they want to look after the retail shareholders and whether they will go over that cap. The management just wrote themselves a nice new incentive plan when a whole stack of their options expired out of the money. Given that this stock has been carried mainly be retail investors for some time, it would be good to see them look after them through the retail portion of the capital raise.

I am hopeful this stock might hit $0.50 at some point this calendar year. I don't expect it will get there from here without a retracement or two along the way.

Zaxon and jbocker like this.
  14. N2Seeker

N2Seeker

Yesterday's announcements and the current depth are of interest.