Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Wyckoff trend formula

Reactions
Can anyone suggest source for formulas for wyckoff trend indicators? I see a bunch on tradingview, I presume they must be well described somewhere, just cannot see where...

Man thanks!

Reactions
I spent a few minutes looking at some Wyckoff educational sites. I enjoyed rereading the basic concepts of his work. Wyckoff did a great job of parsing the macro price action of both accumulation and distribution phases into discrete steps. Without understanding the macro structure the indicators won't help. They'll find lots of opportunities but unless it's in the correct time and at the correct price there will be too many false starts.

The scripts or code behind many of the Trading view indicators are available if you want to see how they're constructed.

Wyckoff's work can't be encapsulated in a few indicators. I wish you all the best in your ongoing discovery of his work.

Reactions
Thanks @darnoks . I studied Wyckoff many years ago. As far as I know Wyckoff himself never had a "formula". I believe later traders who studied him developed a "formula" for trend indicators. His main contribution was in interpreting supply, demand, using risk/reward strategies, in maintaining a stop loss, and continuation/turning points from memory. I would agree with @peter2 on his theories' use.

DuckDuckGo has many links on putting in your query terms.

gg

Reactions
thanks @peter2 and Garpal. I recognize Wyckoff himself was more about the methodology, and yes, I am after the formula that's been derived on top of that. I also recognize that any formula would be interpretation of the method. The indicator which I'm interested in most is:
https://www.tradingview.com/script/C396USra/
But I'd be happy with any Wykoff's Trend formula, in hope it can be tweaked to look like the above. So far looking at other Wykoff indicators also show no source and pinging their authors has been fruitless... Hence me reaching out here.