• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

World Trading College

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by Klueless, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Klueless

Klueless

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone knows much about the world trading college or trading like a bank as it is also known as, I have just finished a session with them and have not joined as their fees seem astronomical, although their system seems quite distinctly and if I can use the term loosly "foolproof", if any more info required on this just ask. If anyone knows more about this the info would be much appreciated. Another question, does anyone know anything about a system that automatically sells shares once a depreciation of 3% of the buy in is lost, I am all for as much financial security as possible while trading but am I just dreaming or does it exist.

2. Tysonboss1

Tysonboss1

Perhaps this video series will be a much cheaper and valuable lesson to begin with.

Here is video 2,

But I would watch all 24 videos, and then read the book.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  3. stockGURU

stockGURU

Hi Klueless, I would be very careful dealing with this mob as they appear to be the same people involved in Global Trader, which you can read about here: https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9917

There are also some complaints on the website OzRipOff:
    http://www.ozripoff.com/report-view...e-principal-investments-trading-like-a-bank-w
    http://www.ozripoff.com/report-view/1606-principal-house-investment-principal-investment-da

Why pay extortionate fees to dubious companies when you can begin the process of educating yourself for almost no cost at all?

4. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

The question you should be asking is " What do I need to know"
    Then find the answers.
    In reality what you need to know to be profitable is very little.

(1) your method you choose to trade must have positive expectancy and tested rigorously over various instruments.
    (2) you must have a blueprint ( from testing ) which you can reference to see if market conditions have changed beyond those used in you testing.

That's really it.
    It takes time Money and experience all won't turn upon 5 minutes and for some many years. But if your serious about this business treat it as such and make the invetment in both time and money.

5. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

What is it about people and the desire for easy money...why are certain people so vulnerable to easy answers? ive been thinking that its got something to do with our education system and personal comfort zones.

6. Tysonboss1

Tysonboss1

I don't know, But it is defiantely somthing built into a large part of the population.

People seem keen to follow the get rich quick types, But explain to them the benefits of spending less than they earn and investing is a mix of sound assets and the eyes roll and their brains go on snooze mode.

7. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

haha and LOL, TB: We're getting old.
    Been banging my head trying to convince youngsters that living on plastic helps only the lenders. :banghead:
    "Spend less than you earn. Live within your means and invest your savings wisely."

8. ROE

ROE

9. explosive

explosive

Stockguru, thanks for trying to help but the site you referred us to and the information supplied is from a scam, a online forum that scams businesses and extorts them of their hard earned reputation.

For proof simply google them ozripoff + scam or simply check links below.
    We need to be careful not to support scam sites like ozripoff as we are only helping them to rip of Australian businesses. You should probably remove the links referring people to them.

If people are looking for references to a business look for their video testimonials, World Trading College has a few on their site and the people are genuine in their comments. www.worldtradingcollege.com/testimonials

www.scamshelp.com/ozripoff-scam-t200.html

www.invested.com.au/24/ozripoff-scam-37748/

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1587089

10. stockGURU

stockGURU

Explosive,

You sent me a private message earlier this month where you identified yourself as a "marketing contractor" for World Trading College. Don't you think this is something you should have disclosed in your post?

I included those links because I think that those doing research on this company should be aware of its history and any complaints or allegations made about those who run it. People can make up their own minds about the veracity of the claims made at OzRipoff.

I followed the thread on Global Trader on this forum and watched from the sidelines as people registered and told their stories of being "ripped off". I urge anyone thinking of handing over money to World Trading College to read this thread on Global Trader because the same person, Shamus Bradley, is behind both companies: https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9917

As for testimonials, does anyone really believe those anymore considering how easily they can be manufactured? I went through the ones on the World Trading College website and am mystified how "Loretta" "came across World Trading College late last year" when their domain name wasn't registered until January 20th, 2011 and the company wasn't registered with ASIC until February 17th, 2011.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  11. sharone

sharone

Hi Klueless,

"I am assuming in the “session” you had with World Trading College or Principal House (they have a many names, past and current), they showed you their programme called the PTP5000. I am guessing this promotional session was conducted by Ray Daglish, who comes across as such an ever so professional share trader. Ray / Raymond Daglish has quite a history in this game. Do your due diligence to find out more information.

I would recommend to anyone considering education in the Financial Markets to ensure their trainer is actually a TRADER, and will provide, without hesitation, actual evidence confirming such. Let’s face it. If they make money from the markets based on the strategies they preach, then why would they NOT provide confirmation of their own results?

The Charting Programme that World Trading College / Principal House/ Principal Investments show in their introduction to their newbies, is a white labeled version of “The Market Analyser Professional”. I presume they showed you the historical TP’s known as Turning Points!

On a historical chart, to a newbie, in this game, they look absolutely “fool proof”. However did they tell you that these TP’s move on a daily basis until the formula locks them in?. Why don’t you try a free trial of the software by doing a google search for the programme “Market Analyser” and the “Pre Alert Indicators”. The software is owned by MDS Financial. www.mdsfinancial.com.au

Experience for yourself, and you will soon relate that World Trading Colleges' glorified PTP5000 and TP’s is NOT a “foolproof” system, and is a potential recipe for financial disaster to those who do not know what they are doing!

Furthermore why don’t you have a “REALLY GOOD READ” of their website/s. Check out the typos and grammos. Surely that will give you some idea on how “unprofessional” this mob is. For example ” We look forwards to guiding you on your path……” and “Learn how and what the big institutes....” Have a good look around their website. IMHO it is one of the absolute worst sites I have ever witnessed as far as layout, typos and grammos is concerned.

Register to receive their FREE brochure and see what happens. Again, entirely unprofessional. Whomever does their IT needs to go back to kindergarten!

Please….EVERYONE THAT IS NEW TO THE FINANCIAL MARKETS……do your DUE DILIGENCE!....Don’t let savvy sales people con you into believing how easy it is.

THERE IS NOTHING EASY ABOUT TRADING THE FINANCIAL MARKETS!

THERE IS NO GET RICH QUICK SCHEME!

DON'T LET thieves live a luxury life by conning you into handing over your hard earned MONEY $$$$$$$. "

12. Vitor

Vitor

G'day All,

Total newbie here and trying to do my due diligence and gathering all info as much as I can.

At this point I am not able to differentiate what is good info or bad info. I just gather them all and learn as much as I can.

Got to this site and requested a brochure. Since they are offering training, I figured I might as well give it a shot.

Will let you all know what I find out. Till then.

Vitor

13. Ruby

Ruby

Vitor, are you also a 'plant' for World Trading College, like Explosive?

14. effraye

effraye

most systems are garbage, the key is finding a methodology for acting on price action not following one or two lousy indicators

15. Vitor

Vitor

I'm just a newbie trying to learn the ropes that's all.

If you disagree with the direction I'm going through right now, would you have any constructive advice as to where I should be going instead? Because if not, then I'll continue going on until I stumble upon a road block. I beleive that's how I will succeed.

As I said, I'm doing the World Trading College course right now. I haven't had any negative experience yet, but as of this point my views are neutral.

I will let you know what I find.

Regards,

Vitor

16. kavla1970

kavla1970

Hi,

I don't post much(I read the forum everyday though) but over the years I have done various courses as I love trading and I am always learning. The two courses I would recommend:

Nick Radge
    the chartist

Louise Bedfords/ Chris Tate's course(I did the mentor program)
    http://www.tradinggame.com.au/webpages/1_home.php?

I found these courses just don't focus on Trading itself but on Risk Management and profitability of your system(or postive expectancy). They just don't send you a folder (like one early course did with me) but focus on your own personal trading style(some are more risk taking than other). There are also forums that keep you in contact with other traders and systems they use. That might be helpful for those who need that support.

This is what worked for me. It might not for everyone...everyone's road is different. As is their level of committment. I know others who have never done a course and read and read and worked out a system for themselves through trial and error.

17. Luke799

Luke799

Hi,

I have a general question regarding the World Trading College course. My wife and I went to one of there seminars last week on the Gold Coast.

If there is any one who has been to a seminar what were there thoughts positive or negative. If any one has started the course which is government accredited what was the out come of the course its costly as well starting at $19,000 any help will be greatly appreciated thank you cheers Luke...

18. sptrawler

sptrawler

Sorry never heard of them, but the best investment advice I ever had was about 30 years ago. I went up to the old guys I worked with, who I knew invested in shares, there were about 4 of them out of 130 guys I worked with.
    I asked them if they could only recomend one share out of all the shares they have owned which one would it be.
    Well to cut a long story short, they were the best performing shares that I have bought off a recomendation.
    I know it doesn't answer your question, but there is a moral to the story, you can't buy experience.:D

19. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

That would be right. 5.2% of them. The others must be ruing all those millions they missed out on. :D

20. sptrawler

sptrawler

Well funny you should mention it, I am still in contact with one of them. He owned his own home and a few shares when he retired at 60. His pay out was $250k and at nearly 80 he is still in the same home and has $3m in shares, so he was no goose.:D
    Also a really top bloke.