• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Wikipedia vs Youtube

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fiftyeight, Jun 7, 2018.

1. fiftyeight

fiftyeight

I love Wikipedia, I donate monthly and have done for quite some time. Free info for all!!!!!!

I recently realised that I am using Wiki less and less. My new default go to when wanting a quick look at something is Youtube. The educational content on YT is growing all the time and the quality is getting better and better.

This coupled with a subscription to Audible means I am reading less and less. It has taken me months to get through 2 books I received for xmas (still not finished). My "education" is taking on more of an entertainment feel and I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Now even when relaxing, I am usually watching something semi educational. The quantity of time spent on “learning” has gone up, but the quality of that time has reduced.

Time to turn of the computer and pick up a book? Or as I am not formally studying does it matter? (yes I know wiki cannot be referenced it is just an example of me reading less)

2. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

Same boat, i love wiki and have donated and have also found myself turning to youtube more and more as an education tool, there is a video for everything and just the thought of actually reading a book - yikes!

fiftyeight likes this.