• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Who gives a ****?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wayneL, Mar 28, 2019.

1. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Well, bereavement averted for now, so feel comfortable resuming my part in the acerbic rearguard action in defence of Western Society ( which seems to be an exercise in futility, given the vandalism of the Marxists and Postmodernists.)

But actually, why would I give a crap? I have possibly 10 - 30 years left on this planet and no children to fret over. I could fly under the radar, eat, drink, and be merry until that day whereupon I meet my maker.

Missus is agitating for hedonism over activism (responsibly of course)... a gentile, environmentally and morally responsible version of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll.

It is appealing, I must admit after the recent reminder of our mortality.

Thinking seriously about moving bush, away from the current ludicrous iteration of cultural politics, playing with a few off bred nags, drinking beer and having a punt (which incidentally I'm very ***king good at. Expectancy studies and game theory pay dividends in unexpected places)

Oh, and working Black-Scholes (etc) for everything I can extract out of it.

I realise the political trajectory is towards totalitarianism, which I vehemently disagree with, but the time is past for me to take up arms (both literally and figuratively).

Good luck Komrades, I intend to observe from my metaphorical rocking chair on the verandah and hope my God forgives me for conscientious objection..

But perhaps I may go out in a blaze of glory (again, figuratively you understand)....

explod, moXJO, Sdajii and 8 others like this.
  2. Garpal Gumnut

Garpal Gumnut

Good decision.

There are some beautiful spots in the bush to practise hedonism.

And of a Friday to visit the pub and lose some money on keno if Black-Scholes doesn't deliver and also some liver as you go.

gg

wayneL and qldfrog like this.
  3. barney

barney

Lol …… Your literary abilities are quite brilliant and much admired Mr Wayne;) … however, and more to the point …

Post your tips up pre race so we can all benefit from your misspent youth chasing fillies around the park!:p

wayneL likes this.
  4. sptrawler

sptrawler

Fortunately Wayne this left wing swing we are currently experiencing, will be a short lived phenomena.IMO
    We in Australia, are basically a materialistic lot, who enjoy the better things in life.
    When people realise the path they are chasing with too much haste, will cause them a lot of personal financial pain, the momentum will lose a lot of inertia.:D

Ann and wayneL like this.
  5. Logique

Logique Investor

Don't be ridiculous Wayne. "..I could fly under the radar, eat, drink, and be merry until that day whereupon.." And that would be diverting for what, about 3 weeks? And then?
    Now is not the time for this kind of self indulgent nihilism. With apologies to Mrs Wayne

wayneL likes this.
  6. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

As it happens, I am already well versed in the subtle art of ethonol aided biological entropy.

Although my liver enzymes currently bely this truth, and all evidence to the contrary, my demise will exactly match AOC's soothsaying.

If not, I'll just crack another Guinness... and figure out a way to game the Keno. :)

barney and Garpal Gumnut like this.
  7. Sdajii

Sdajii Sdaji

I'm increasingly thinking this extreme left wing push for insanity is a deliberate play to cause a revolt. It seems to be quite self destructive and unsustainable, to an extreme and I believe deliberately counterproductive extent. When it becomes extreme enough that even the lefties side against it, the people will be united against the two or three big common enemies (one in particular I think they are playing for the destruction of).

Looking at the reality of what's happening in the world and the engineering of the public being carried out by the powers at large, it is becoming apparent that the push is too hard and too soon to actually achieve the ostensible goal, and one can only assume that on the massive scale that narrative is being pushed, the error can not be accidental. This seems especially likely since the biggest common enemy is being supported heavily by that enemy's primary target.

cynic, Ann and wayneL like this.
  8. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Thanks Barney, though I am often accused of sesquipedalian excess, I do enjoy the language and writing, even if I am a novice prone to appaling grammar and punctuation, egregious typos, and cringworthy malapropisms .

As for youthful fillies, I am indeed lucky that one slowed down enough for me to catch up. 33 years on, she still fools me into thinking I'm a fast, precocious colt lol. (bless her)

barney and Ann like this.
  9. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

I still have my vote :devilish:

10. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

This is a bit (intentionally) nebulous for my current state if mind, but do get your general thrust.

I hope you are right

11. qldfrog

qldfrog

We need you Wayne
    After decades of de-industrialisation,ideological brainwash by below ar teachers
    our economy is one of lawyers, RE and health professionals, Public serviants, armies of BA and PM who are technically illiterate, have dubious technical, math or science learnings, and not even history or geopolitical knowledge (I know I work with them) and retailers of made in china goods/tradies, sucking the tits of our mining and agricultural industry
    I am sure 50% of the population is not even able to understand how ludicrous the latest Green proposal of banning coal in 2030 is
    Or they actually believe we could (we not china or india but the west) stop global warning.
    And will then blame Trump or Abbot in 20 years when grilling
    Most are even unaware that most of our coal is burnt to do steel and iron, not in power stations.
    When masses of technical, scientific and economic idiots manipulated by a powerful propaganda are left to decide of the future of our country, and would not tolerate to listen to actual facts/experts, you need to fight.
    I was a coward in the 1990's leaving France and not fighting islamisation of the french society:
    voters had the opportunity to change, they made their choice and did not want to be serious,so I left
    No point fighting a futile (political) war and I gave a future to my children.
    If you want a future in this country for you or your children you need to fight.
    If you do not care? Enjoy Guiness
    Well my better half is stopping work mid year , I can work or not from anywhere and we are off to find a better more intelligent place again.Few places left
    My son is an adult, I made my part, he will move O/S as well
    we might come back for holidays and cheap AUD

Logique, wayneL and sptrawler like this.
  12. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

I would go one step further and say that rather a lot wouldn't even grasp that there's a difference between coking coal and thermal coal indeed many wouldn't even be able to describe what coke is without assuming you're referring to an illegal drug or cola.

Meanwhile.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...down-260-billion-in-december-quarter/10950242

sptrawler likes this.
  13. barney

barney

:D … Indeed. And therein lies possibly the main ingredient for a meaningful life ….. I am also blessed with catching a good filly about the same amount of years ago. (Fortunately she had a sore fetlock at the time and was a little slow into the straight:)) ….

We now have the perfect marriage: She makes the rules, and I pretend to obey them:p