• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Which brokers are the fastest at executing trades?

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by lcrogers, Aug 26, 2016.

1. lcrogers

lcrogers

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone knows which brokers are the fastest at executing trades?
    Iv'e spoken to CMC markets.. there base account has 20min price delays! :/ and they place orders through a secondary broker (EBN) who then files to ASX. Something tells me either CMC or their EBN is trading against the trades and not obtaining the best price per trade..

Any info about the broker you use and their advantages would be great. Currently with CommSec, awesome service.. just a bit pricey for each trade.

2. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

I use OpenMarkets. Their Pulse platform gives me live data and offers DMA. As soon as I hit the Submit button, the order shows up on the depth screen. If I order "At market", execution is as instantaneous as can be. They also have a "Best" order, which tries to get an in-between price. Minimum brokerage is $13.95 and they bundle small trades on a single daily Contract Note (same stock, same direction).

I only trade Aussie shares and options; if you wish to do more, you'll have to check with them.
    openmarkets.com.au - ask for Virginia or Vince.

3. ryan11

ryan11

I started trading in currencies with FinPro Trading. Their execution speed is great. Best thing I experienced is 0.50 ms speed by paying $2/100k round turn commission. Also they don't charge extra for deposits and withdrawals. So I earned good amount in day trading as well as in long term trading.

4. Wyatt

Wyatt

I am curious about others experiences a week ago on Tuesday 6/2. I trade my smsf through CMC (limited broker choice) and usually trade orders go straight through, but on this crazy morning at the open, trades were taking up to 10-15 minutes to activate. This is really poor service. Did anyone else have a similar experience with other brokers?
    I guess the only way around this would be to place an order early and low if you really want to get out or throw another $10/trade at Commsec. Thoughts?