• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

What does everyone drive?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Milk Man, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Milk Man

Milk Man

Just wanted a chat about what cars you guys have and what you want. With all you cashed up traders out there I thought this might be interesting :D

I'll start
    have -2000 VT SS Commodore 5 litre
    want -1971 Dodge Challenger

c'mon any Ferrari's out there?

2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

A beaten up old VN Commodore with a buggered suspension. :D

3. Milk Man

Milk Man

go the dunny-doors! :D

4. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

2004 Commodore Ute
    2002 S2000 (Honda)
    Territory 2004

5. Milk Man

Milk Man

revvy little buggers aren't they!? :D

6. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

4 wheeled 2000cc Motor bike.Convertible 0-100 6 secs.
    On the Market when I get back so anyone want
    a good 62000km S2000 Silver Red leather $45-49K
    Service books blah blah.I'll email your enquiry when I get back.
    I originally bought it from QLD over the net!
    Reason for selling---I've had my midlife crisis.(The chicks are
    looking at the car! not the driver!! bloody old age!) But
    damn its fun.Redlines at 9000rpm.

7. doctorj

doctorj Hatchet Moderator

Currently driving a Honda Integra Type R.

The S2000 is a really nice drive, I would recommend it to anyone looking for that type of vehicle.

So, Tech, do you accept IOU's? :p

8. It's Snake Pliskin

It's Snake Pliskin

Yeh, I have a 1993 Mitsubishi Magna automatic sedan. :eek:

As you can tell I don't care much for cars. :)

9. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Tina.

Your obviously a Girl--feminine one to boot--even better.
    Perhaps we should be asking about shoes!

10. Smurf1976

Smurf1976

I get to look at literally thousands of cars every day at work. Viewed on a monitor moving along a major road they ALL look the same. Just cars, cars and more cars. Believe me, an expensive sports car does NOT stand out from a distance. Nor does an SUV but buses are quite visible. :p:

As for my own car, personally I prefer walking (believe me, I NEED the exercise! :) ) but the reality of time limits says otherwise. I bought my present car when I was heavily involved with oil in 2000. It's an economical 4 cylinder... :D

My ideal car would have to have some unconventional propulsion system. A hybrid diesel electric or an orbitol engine / electric hybrid has some appeal. Unfortunately nobody actually makes such a thing...

11. ob1kenobi

ob1kenobi

Holden Apollo 1991 SLX Sedan 2L Fuel Injection Automatic. Why invest in a depreciating asset???

12. son of baglimit

son of baglimit

clearly smurf & ob1 are the only sensible folk here - dont spend cash on a car - just walk - like i do - i walk out my front door and theres 2 bus routes taking me to the nearest shops or to the beach. theres a train station 2 mins away taking me to the cbd & beyond. theres 2 tram lines (yes i live in melb) taking me all over the place. so i have very little use for these 'soon to be relics' oil powered vehicles. i do own one - a VS wagon thats been to hell n back carrying everything i cant get on public transport (bus drivers dont like you carrying 4 pieces of 4 x 2 pine onto a bus) - so my advice is keep investing and get a taxi if need be. its cheaper in the long run.

13. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

I have a mixture of these sentiments...plus some.

1st option - walk! It's healthy, I get to smell the flowers, look at the birds, chat with folks etc.

But where I live its not often an option, unless for pleasure.

2nd option - Giant Rincon! It's a bike with panneas etc. great to nip down to the shop etc keep fit blah blah

But the reality is that away from the city one relies on the car.

I have a love hate relationship with cars. I love the style, craftsmanship, ingenuity of a well made car...particularly classic cars.

I hate cars cause of the pollution, noise, depreciating assets, extortionate mechanics and the status attached to them etc.

I drive a 1964 VW beetle (in rather good nick mind you) It satisfies all of my eccentricities with regards to cars (which I won't bore you with)

Missus drives an '89 range rover vogue and we use that for camping, fooling around with horses, when we need to transport friends etc.

A new car is definately not on the agenda...unless they come out with a solar panel on top or sumthin'.

Cheers

14. DTM

DTM

My wife drives me up the wall.... :D , actually she drives a 2004 Honda CRV while I catch public transport.

I'm not really into cars, not my thing. My brother in law's into them something horrid. He has a Holden "Brock" Group A special, one of 200 racing cars . Don't ask me what kind because I wouldn't know and am not interested to be honest. That car gets treated better than anyone else in the family... :cautious:

Is there a car I really want??? Not really.... Don't want to invest in a depreciating asset. As long as it gets me from A to B I'm happy.

15. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Im in business one of the perks I guess.

Dont paint all canvasess with the one brush.

16. Milk Man

Milk Man

dodge challenger r/t convertible 1970 model
    then- under 10k
    now- over 350k
    about 10% appreciation per annum
    not typical but its like funny mentals- pick a car with good consumer sentiment (waynes actually picked a winner there!) and low supply and you in business!

but borrowing for cars and buying brand new cars doesnt sit well with me either.

as for pollution..... ethanol.....

thats what made me think to start this thread

if the servo's pull their finger out soon we can have our cake and eat it too :D

17. chicken

chicken

Well my gazgusler is in the GARAGE...and while I drive around town it stays there Parking is another problem...so I got a Toyota Starlet 1500cc man can that piece of metal move and Parking no sweat annywhere...and cheap to run and can turn on a 6cent piece....everytime I tank it full it costs zilch...and Chicken has his pocket still full of $$$$$$$ instead of the Garage taking it.....The other car in the Garage is a FORD I love them as I dont like HOLDEN cars...which are bigger gasguslers than Ford...I use it for pulling a caravan....Hope I did not upset the HOLDEN lovers...after all the desine is from the country I was born and you need a petrolstation to satisfy those beasts.... :swear:

18. RodC

RodC

2000 Subaru Outback,

the Weekend Toy is the one on the Avatar.

Rod.

19. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Where a one car family as we live close to the city.
    We have a 1997 Chrysler Neon bought new. I like replacing cars every ten years as they wear out.

I have two young ones (1 &4) so I want a family car next that doesn't use too much petrol.

I mildly like the Holden Vectra, Mazda 6 and Camry Sportivo V6 so I might end up buying a 3 year old version of one of these but nothing really stands out. I really want a car with an efficient modern engine, cruise control and all safety features e.g. abs airbags.

You need them to have a chance against the green house gas producing bastards who drive 4WD.

20. It's Snake Pliskin

It's Snake Pliskin

I forgot to mention mine was fuel injected, too. I'm sure you all needed to know that. :D