• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Westpac Online Investing?

Discussion in 'Brokers' started by LiL_JaSoN, Feb 6, 2011.

1. LiL_JaSoN

LiL_JaSoN

Hi, about to start an account to get a insight into the share market.

I was thinking of using Westpac because i bank with them and have all my $ in there, therefore it would be easy to access my money etc.

Have anyone have anyone used them? Iv been researching and found that the platform is old technology and slow.

My other option is to open a account with CommSec or Belldirect.

EDIT: after researching, i found they have now upgraded. Anyway, just looking for a comparsion between westpac and commsec, bell direct, e-trade etc.

2. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

That's why i started with Westpac too..i had all my accounts there so it was just easier, that lasted about a year as eventually you come to the inescapable conclusion your throwing away money that could be in your pocket.

Why pay $25 a trade with Westpac when pretty much every other broker is cheaper and offers more stuff...i know its a pain in the ass to open new accounts, but to not do things because there annoying is being half arsed about it.

3. LiL_JaSoN

LiL_JaSoN

and the fact that im also receiving interest in the accounts.

i might open it and have a look around as it doesn't cost anything to open the account.

4. titl4

titl4

I haven't used Westpac but have had accounts at etrade and currently have accounts at commsec and belldirect. I have moved entirely now to belldirect as apart from being cheaper (trades & conditional orders especially) they provide IMO a much faster and better service. The 'down-side' with belldirect is that they require an in-house broker trading account rather than mainstream bank accounts.