Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Website problem: Business Spectator (1 Viewer)

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
I'm a (non-paying) subscriber to Business Spectator and find value in much of their daily emails.

Over the last week, it has taken up to two minutes to access a link from the daily email and when the new screen does eventually come up it's overlaid with another screen, rendering both pages unreadable.

(See attached screenshot).

I'm having no trouble with any other website.

Referred the problem to Business Spectator who in response say:

There is no problem with daily email links but it does sound like the style sheet is not downloading correctly on your computer.
Please clear your cache and try again
Now, technophobe that I am, I have absolutely no idea what the last sentence means. Is anyone able to help?

If the problem is at my end, why don't I experience difficulties with other websites?

Any advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• sshot-9.png
    sshot-9.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 98
Reactions
Hi Julia
Try;
Close all windows clicl on start menu, accesories, systemn tools, disc clean up.

Hope this helps

Reactions
I'm a (non-paying) subscriber to Business Spectator and find value in much of their daily emails.

Over the last week, it has taken up to two minutes to access a link from the daily email and when the new screen does eventually come up it's overlaid with another screen, rendering both pages unreadable.

(See attached screenshot).

I'm having no trouble with any other website.

Referred the problem to Business Spectator who in response say:

Now, technophobe that I am, I have absolutely no idea what the last sentence means. Is anyone able to help?

If the problem is at my end, why don't I experience difficulties with other websites?

Any advice gratefully received.

Hi Julia,

Sometimes chrome works better when you clear the cache and browsing data.

Click the lil spanner on the right of your browser, scroll down to options and then click the clear browsing data option.

i think sometimes it overloads with data googleplex style ;)

ghotib

THIMKER
Reactions
Business Spectator won't display in Firefox on my machine. I got the same response for them: clear the cache. I did, it didn't make any difference, and I now read it in Safari. Pain in the proverbial. Also very odd.

Ghoti

Julia

In Memoriam
Reactions
Business Spectator won't display in Firefox on my machine. I got the same response for them: clear the cache. I did, it didn't make any difference, and I now read it in Safari. Pain in the proverbial. Also very odd.

Ghoti
Ah, thanks, ghoti. It has only happened since I've switched back to Firefox from Chrome. If I continue with Firefox as my default browser, how do I go back to Chrome just to read the Business Spectator emails?

I've followed earlier poster's directions re clear the whatever and , as with you, it has made no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread