• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum
  1. Guest, entries in the Full CY 2020 Tipping Competition are now open and close at midnight on 31 December. With $1,850 in cash to be won you'd have to be crazy not to enter. Please post your entries in the Tipping Competition for Full CY 2020 thread in the ASX Stock Chat forum. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

We Are Not Alone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wayneL, Jul 25, 2008.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

OK, intellectually, I don't think anyone can deny the possibility of life on other planets... and even visitation from ETs. But when faced with someone who claims to have seen or had contact with ETs, most of us probably go into "this person is a whacko" mode.

It's not often someone with credibility mentions it. Then:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2453700/Aliens-exist,-but-NASA-covers-them-up-says-astronaut.html

2. kennas

kennas Searching

Is it more likely that these UFOs are time machines for us to revisit, or for an alien space craft to travel XX light years, pop into our atmosphere, not say hello, and then pop out of our atmosphere and travel back to where they came, possibly many light years away?

:confused:

Then again, time travel is equally as difficult to comprehend.

3. Doris

Doris

Many scholars have claimed that about 3000 BC, when Atlantis was believed by some to be sinking some left and went to Egypt whilst others went to central America. How? Haven't read how. But I have read that the Mayans entered from the west and set up their civilization on the east.

Seems coincidental that these two cultures were so brilliant at maths, astronomy and hieroglyphics, pyramids etc

How could both cultures have been so brilliant without ET help?
    e.g. huge slabs for building the pyramids when the stone was not found anywhere around.

I remember checking out the bible when Von Danniken urged it said 'God created man in their own image'... not 'in his image. The drawings of UFO's and spacemen... 5000 years ago...

I am open minded. Especially when a childhood friend's brother told me when he left the air force he had to sign a declaration that he would not divulge the 'top secret' information from his years of investigating UFO sightings in WA.
    He seriously said that if even one incident were released there would be mass suicide! Hmmm...

Erich Von Danniken’s 1970’s cult classic: Chariots of the Gods:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_Däniken

http://www.timboucher.com/journal/2005/06/03/chariots-of-the-gods/

Winter solstice in northern hemisphere: 12/21/12 prediction by Mayan Calender... 21/12/12 to us down under.

8 video clips about UFOs and Mayan predictions:

http://2012comet.com/?page_id=21

Hmmm

4. kennas

kennas Searching

Yes, and Atlantis may have been established by the Lemurians, from the island of Mu which is supposed to be somewhere in the southern Pacific. The Lemurians are from outer space and were a highly intellectual and artistic people. That were at a level of consciousness whereby they had two additional sences; clairvoiance and telepathy. When Atlantas stated sinking, the people spread across the world, as you have said. One of the cultures to be established from Atlantis is that called Chavin. Chavin is an ancient city in the central Peruvian Andes where a very important line of Shaman's originate, who are decendants of the people from Atlantis. There is a quite famous Shaman based in Cuzco who I did a weekend away with late last year. The ceremonies involves ayahuasca and san pedro and a bit of dancing and chanting and are designed to initiate you, and open the doors to the other sences. Sences that the Lemurians brought to Earth.

:eek:

5. Whiskers

Whiskers It's a small world

Well that fits loosely with religious doctrone. Since we are supposedly put here on earth to resolve the conflict betwen God's way and Satan's way.

They (God) are just droping in on his/her/it's little lab rat colony to see how we are are going... or are they Satan! :cautious:

I agree with kennas about higher abilities in some than others.

Actually there's an interesting scientific finding recently that all blue eyed people can be traced by DNA and a certain gene mutation to a common ancestry about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22934464/ ... and is linked to albinism.

Could it be that one of these 'gods' mated with the ancestors of apes about 10,000 years ago. These aliens are generally reported as pretty white aren't they! :eek:

Actually I have a nephew who is almost as white... and I'm blue eyed.

Girl from Honduras with probable OCA1a-type albinism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism

Attached Files:

6. stock_man

stock_man

Seems a bit rich to me. How does NASA expect to "cover up" a UFO visit if the UFO decides to come visit Uluru? Given the age of information we live in, this would be plastered all over youtube in 30 minutes or less.
    Oh thats right. Forgot. Modern day UFOs only land in USA. Funny how they know where the borders are.

What if a rogue, rebellious teenager ET stole a space craft and decided to run havack on Earth? Would we all not know about it?

What happens if the US runs dry of money? NASA won't be able to do "cover ups" any more. Better start learning ET language....
    Coverups just don't seem plausible ;)

7. Pronto

Pronto

Even a former astronaut with a PhD can be senile. :)

8. spooly74

spooly74

Easy really ...the faster you travel the slower a clock ticks (physically).

Astronauts in space travelling at thousands of km`s per hour for over a year, will arrive back on earth a fraction of a second in to the future....:cautious:

However, is theoritically not possible to go back in time past the point where you build a DeLorian :cool:

9. kennas

kennas Searching

Isn't someone working on a Flux Capaciter at the moment?

10. spooly74

spooly74

Kind of ...but you can`t pick up in it :D

11. slackjaw

slackjaw

You might as well ask; what if a rogue teenager stole an F111 fighter jet and ran a muck, but he wouldn't get into it alive, let alone be able to control it.

2 things I am certain of, aliens are here and the western governments are denying it. Possibly the reason why there are so many more in the United States could be either because they have some business with them (in the higher esoteric echelons) or because the United States, being the military arm for the coming new world order, is more interesting to them than a bunch of coal burning yobbos.

Cover-ups are everywhere. It doesnt stop the information getting out, youtube is full of this stuff, and Ive seen tons of footage. Probably the most effective cover up method, is convincing people that when they see this stuff its fake, and when someone has a sighting, they're hallucinating or just lying.

When you own the media you own public opinion, at least the 90% of the population that are mindless drones, and whose opinion rarely deviates from that which is fed to them through their television or radio.

Those people who do release fakes do a lot of damage to the credibility of those who are real. Another cover-up effort? I wouldn't doubt that a few of the fakes out there are aimed at trashing the effort to bring this stuff to public knowledge.

12. subaru69

subaru69 Just keep swimming...

Did anyone notice that the ASX200 was over 6600 in the video...
    So when can we make this time travel thing happen? :rolleyes:

13. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

I`m right out there with you slackjaw.I saw these pictures below and in my mind I new without a doubt you are being watched by intelligence far superior to your own.;)

First picture of the craft from Xema Major 2 in the Coatzica nebulae and second picture the occupant after a head on collision with a b-52 bomber over Belgrade in the 1950`s.Enjoy.

Attached Files:

14. szandor

szandor

If you just look at the probabilities of there being other intelligent life forms in the universe,that by that alone i would definitely say 'we are not alone'.Then take into account the millions of sightings,photo's etc of which say that only 1% are genuine,then again just going on the probabilities of it all i would say 'we are not alone'.
    To those interested have a look at Project Disclosure on google videos,it features a small number of the total number of witnesses from (ex) military,airforce,nasa,air traffic controllers,and other government agencies most of whom had top secret clearances willing to testify before congress that they had encountered,witnessed,'aliens',ufo's,retrieved UFO wreckages etc

15. Pat

Pat

There's no logic here. I can't see the "aliens" being so careless with secretivity.
    You'd think if they can travel vast distances in a lifetime they'd be better at the incognito thing eh?

Maybe there just softening us up, I'd say the world would act very differently to aliens landing today, than they would 60 yrs ago, less panic?

You know they now have jets that can stop in mid air... turn on a dime. So this military secret thing may hold up, though begs the question where the technology came from.

Attached Files:

16. stock_man

stock_man

This is based on the assumption that our ET friends only have space craft available for military/non civillian reasons. Not too far advanced from us.

If we take into account the probability that we are not alone, then theoretically there should be a life form so far advanced from us that flying a space craft is childs play. Actually, maybe they can teleport or some other means.

Reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
    (For those that haven't read/watched, in Hitchhikers Earth is an experiement to find the meaning of life, only to have it blown up to make way for an intergalactic highway)

17. sam76

sam76

I believe we all should be nicer to mice. :D

18. kennas

kennas Searching

I signed up to do a paraglider course here in Lima before Christmas and the instructor told me that I had to be careful flying because there were a lot of UFOs down this way, and if you get too close, they snatch you out of the sky.

:eek:

I didn't do the course.

19. Doris

Doris

As I said above, I know a guy whose job in the RAAF was to investigate UFO sightings in WA.
    Most were easily negated but many were not.
    They are down under too! ;)

The Valentich Mystery

I still remember hearing Valentich's voice recording on news reports when he first went missing:

Date October 21, 1978
    Location Bass Strait , Australia

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case24.htm

20. MattB

MattB

Depends what you mean by life...
    personally, I do believe there is "life", which could be as simple as algae, but I also believe it's a far cry to say there's other intelligent life...

sorry to break the romantic science fiction fantasy...
    just look at Earth, think about how many variants of life are here (yes yes, don't use that to say "well extrapolate that to the universe!!" :p ) ...only the human has been able to say "hello" out to the stars and ponder about what is beyond. ...only us, one species on a planet with millions of variations.. only one species can send a radio signal out to space?

Then, consider what an absolute fluke life is, such as algae... let alone intelligent life!! Then you need to roll the dice again and get all the millions of variables:
    - what compounds the supporting star is made of?
    - is its P1 P2, or P3 star? (which determines matter, eg)iron to create life supporting host planets)
    - host planet distance from sun?
    - host planet atmosphere?
    - host planet orbit? (can't be too elliptical, planet would cycle between frozen and burning!)

...the list really does go on & on. It is an absolute miracle that life started, and then ten fold that intelligent life came from it.

I think too many people are under the assumption, that just because we exist, there must be other intelligent life simply by virtue of the size of the universe, number of stars & us simply being... by that notion, because the lottery ticket I had last week was the Division 1 winner, then surely there'll be plenty of Division 1 winners next time! There has to be! Look how many lottery tickets there are! Potential for life isn't a factor of number of stars out there. ...a loose analogy anyway

In my opinion life is a scientific fluke, we could very well be the only intelligent life-form in the known universe - and there's no reason why we shouldn't be, all arguments against seem to be grounded in human hope and suspended believe.

We love suspended believe - religion, movies, stories, acting, hope for winning lottery & ....aliens! It's an exciting notion to think there are other aliens out there whizzing around in their spaceships - conversely it's a boring thought to think that most of space is empty matter at close to 0 degrees Kelvin...

So yeh - I've obviously taken the science approach and, whilst there might be a tiny, teeny-weeny, minuscule chance of intelligent ET life I doubt contact would ever be made. :)