• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

VRX - VRX Silica

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by System, Feb 24, 2011.

1. System

System Administrator

Ventnor was formed in early 2010 to conduct exploration on a package of mining and exploration tenements in the Pilbara region of Western Australia and the Mount Isa region of Queensland. These tenements form four separate project areas: Thaduna/Green Dragon, Warrawanda, Nickel Hills and Georgina Basin. These are variously prospective for copper, nickel, base metal and gold deposits. Since incorporation, the Company has raised initial seed capital, acquired and entered into agreements to acquire interests in mining tenements located in Western Australia and Queensland.

http://www.ventnorresources.com.au

2. wastedgolfer

wastedgolfer

Impressive gains. Had it in the watchlist but wish it was in the portfolio, 21cent to a high of 50cents in three days. :banghead:

3. redMax

redMax

From the latest ASX announcement

Thaduna Green Dragon Drilling Results Au

"The success of the drilling program has revealed, in my opinion, the most significant copper
    results in the Doolgunna District, since Sandfire’s DeGrussa discovery, and justifies
    Ventnor’s aggressive exploration program,” Ventnor Resources Managing Director Mr Bruce
    Maluish said."

Up to 60c today ,

But the part I really like is

"Only the copper results have been determined and tabulated. Gold and silver assays are
    pending with significant silver intersections (coincident with copper intersections) assayed in
    the first phase of drilling"

Will be interesting when the gold and silver assays are released, hopefully soon

4. springhill

springhill Make the drill work for YOU

Significant high-grade discovery at Thaduna/Green Dragon Copper Project

● New high grade zone of strong bornite mineralisation discovered, central to the Thaduna prospect
    ● Diamond drilling is continuing, approximately 600 metres
    ● Completion of JORC compliant Resource by Q3 2012
    ● This new discovery reinforces the substantial exploration potential of the Thaduna/Green Dragon Copper Project

Australian base metals company Ventnor Resources Limited announce a significant high-grade zone discovery of strong bornite copper mineralisation at its flagship Thaduna/Green Dragon Copper Project, located 170km north of Meekatharra, Western Australia, in the Doolgunna district, and 40km east of Sandfire’s DeGrussa project.

High-grades intersected include;
    ● 5 metres at 7.00% Cu
    o includes 2.7 metres at 11.72% Cu and 29.7 g/t silver at a 5% Cu cutoff;
    ● 9.5 metres at 4.40% Cu;
    ● 10 metres at 3.26% Cu;
    ● 4.6 metres at 5.83% Cu;
    ● 2.5 metres at 7.36% Cu;
    ● 13 metres at 3.57% Cu;
    ● 5 metres at 4.94% Cu;
    ● 6 metres at 4.78% Cu;
    ● 10 metres at 3.28% Cu;
    ● 3 metres at 4.47% Cu.

Managing Director Bruce Maluish said this new high-grade discovery of strong bornite mineralisation as the primary sulphide has resulted in higher copper grades.
    “The significance of the increasing presence of primary bornite, compared to primary chalcopyrite, lies in the increase in relative copper by weight %. Chalcopyrite, CuFe2+S2, is 34.6% Cu compared with Bornite, Cu5Fe2+S4, is 63.3% Cu, an increase of 183% in Cu for the same mass of sulphide,” Mr Maluish said.

5. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

and we didn't have to wait long for the reaction: Clean break out of the symmetrical triangle.
    Will it play out to 200%?

VRX 06-08-12.gif

I hold and wouldn't mind more upside :D

6. barney

barney

I hope you are still holding Pixel ...

Announcement today ... Trading halt before announcing phase four drilling results. They have requested the trading halt so that the announcement doesn't create an UN-orderly market .....

Don't hold this one, but the announcement should be wetting the appetite of those who do ....... Up the road from Sandfire Resources so who knows what they have found:cool:

Could be a couple of nearology plays to get a lift from this as well ...

SRI, which has been hammered after a few issues with drilling results, but still big potential

LSR, Massive land holding in the same general area

RIE, Not far away, and also holding some good looking prospects

DAU, bit further NW, but in the general area as well, although more Gold orientated

7. piggybank

piggybank

Another stock that fell sharply today to close at 17c, down 50% (ouch) - could have been worse it did hit 10c at one stage which made someone(s) day....

8. myrtie100

myrtie100

I'm picking Ventnor Resources for the October tipping competition.
    It has recently broken resistance formed in January this year and is now trading at highs not seen since 2013. Volume started increasing leading up to the January resistance level, and again in the last couple of weeks to break resistance. I'm hoping the momentum will continue through to the end of the month.

VRX.PNG

barney and greggles like this.
  9. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Well the momentum's certainly continued today. Up another 26% to 17c. Well spotted.

big.chart-VRX.gif

barney and myrtie100 like this.
  10. barney

barney

Yep … nice pick @myrtie100 …...SP has been going ballistic ….. I used to own some of these a long time back but not in tune with them anymore ….. I assume it is their silica sands project which is causing all the movement? …. Market certainly likes it.:eek:

myrtie100 likes this.
  11. myrtie100

myrtie100

Yes @barney it seems to be their silica sands assets. I took a quick look on that other site to see what all the excitement was about.

12. System

System Administrator

On December 6th, 2018, Ventnor Resources Limited changed its name to VRX Silica Limited.

13. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

VRX Silica moving strongly north on no news. I expect that we'll see a speeding ticket from the ASX today. Surprised there wasn't one yesterday to be honest.

Yesterday was the break on high volume above the brief zone of consolidation from last week. Today a gap up on even more volume.

Must be some news around the corner?

big.chart-VRX.gif

Smurf1976 likes this.
  14. kennas

kennas Searching

Sand isn't a very sexy resource, but this looks interesting. Probably only if there's a demand. It is sand after all. But, a big chunk of this is glass quality (over 99.5%) and their other project down the road is 99%. Is there a shortage of good sand?

Arrowsmith North Mineral Resource Estimate Upgrade

Highlights:
    • Arrowsmith North total Mineral Resource Estimate increased to an outstanding 771 Mt @ 98% SiO2, an overall increase of 398%

• Resource Estimate includes 248 Mt of Indicated Resource

• Arrowsmith North silica sand Mineral Resource is

becoming a world class deposit

• Capable of producing silica sand products suitable for glass making, foundry and ceramics industries

• Mining Reserve estimate and BFS underway

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 5.42.38 pm.png

greggles likes this.
  15. barney

barney

Thanks for the heads up @kennas …….. Unfortunately missed your initial post back in June @greggles

I like the chart ……… Often the 2nd retracement from the 2nd spike off the lows represents a good buying position ….. assuming everything falls into place

First glance at financials seems they are short on cash so perhaps a cap raise soon??

Watch list for sure pending cap raise results

greggles likes this.
  16. greggles

greggles I'll be back!

Breakout today for VRX after announcing that it has entered into an MOU with CSG Holding Co Ltd to form a strategic alliance in connection with the Company's Muchea Silica Sand Project.

The announcement states that the objectives of the strategic alliance include exploring the potential for marketing, promotion and sale in the PRC of silica sand products from the Muchea Project and potential sources of capital finance for the construction of production facilities at the Muchea Project.

It also states that CSG Holding Co Ltd is the largest architectural glass manufacturer in the Peoples' Republic of China, involved in the manufacture and sale of glass products including float glass, display glass, automotive glass, coated glass, mirrors, colour filter glass, solar glass and conservation glass.

Sounds pretty positive to me and bodes well for VRX's Muchea Project, as CSG Holding Co Ltd seems keen to assist in arranging finance for the project.

Big move today on heavy volume. Up 34.78% to 15.5c, straight through resistance at 12c-13c and heading for the all-time high of 19c.

big.chart-VRX.gif

kennas and barney like this.
  17. barney

barney

Damn … I must be getting soft … Everything that I think I'll put on the watchlist for later because the time is not right ……. is breaking out:eek: …. lol:D

Definitely waiting for financing arrangement now after this move …. based on my current stock picking, this will now go to over 20 cents in a week or so:p

kennas likes this.