• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

VAN - Vango Mining

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by dutchie, Feb 16, 2005.

1. dutchie

dutchie

2. markrmau

markrmau

Re: Ord -River -New IPO

I don't necessarily think it is a rip off - the further back in the venture capitalist chain you go, the greater the reward, and the greater the risk. Unless of course it is a pay off for simply enticing others to invest?

3. dutchie

dutchie

Sorry about the connection.

From the Financial Review:-

"This one is brought to the punters by John and Jeremy Towner, the stars of Sydney Gas and Sunshine Gas. This time they've rounded up a few exploration licences in the Tanami and the Kimberleys that don't seem to have been explored much and are offering professional investors the chance to buy 25million shares at 10 ¢ each.

For their $2.5 million, the professionals will get one-third of Ord River. The remaining two-thirds are held by the Towners, who have put up $2500 for 50 million shares, which works out at 0.005 ¢ per share.

The professionals might have been invited as mezzanine financiers, but the Towners have really got in on the ground floor."

4. markrmau

markrmau

Sorry, I think I read something else. Doesn't sound to good does it? A chance to use unexplored licenses.

5. Archinos

Archinos

ORD - Ord River Resources

So what's the go with ORD? - up 34% today with no news... It's seen quite a rise from .09 late June to todays close of .31. Has anyone heard any new developments regarding their Lao bauxite opportunity &/or Chinese JV negotiations? They've got to release some news soon just to justify the recent SP activity & I'm surprised they have not been pulled up by the ASX for a speeding ticket.

6. kevro

kevro

Re: ORD - Ord River Resources

I noticed a post on another site from one of the more sensible posters there saying that he had a tip from a mate of his about this one. (possibly working in Laos). I have been watching but thats all I can do at the Moment.

7. havingfun

havingfun

Was also told about this 2 months ago,but i heard it had something to do with their northern territory tenements.Only 117mil shares on issue,hence any big moves,there has been no signifcant sellers in the market making it difficult to pick up a decent parcel.Made its move today on about 245000 shares only. Also did this on the 24th and 25th july up to 24.5c,again on very little turnover.Majority shareholders are based in China[see att]What to make of it .....i dont know .... wait and see i would suggest.. but now it may hit the news..already made mining news update late today

Attached Files:

8. Makavel

Makavel

sellers have dryed up.

something may be happening or about to happen. only looked at this stock today

9. havingfun

havingfun

Shouldnt discount the fact that it is probably people like us ,who have heard the rumour, and grabbing what they can at any price because there are none for sale.
    My mail is there is still a couple of months till anything comes out...???...
    But ive been wrong before..
    I havent bought any myself and if i told you how the rumour got to me you'd know why...

10. Archinos

Archinos

Well I guess the rumour mill is really churning now - up 29% already this morning. Must be revolving oround the chinese deal since I work in the NT as a geo (fairly close to ORD's holdings) - and I haven't heard anything there (but that's nothing new...). I'm wondering if it's a bit late to jump aboard since the sell will probably be 'on fact' as soon as a release is made - and it's got to be soon (even if it's in response to a speeding ticket) given the price action.

11. havingfun

havingfun

Sept. i heard for ann.Dont know about jumping on now ,could b risky,only 40000 buyers holding it above 26c......but what do i know??!!I didnt buy at 9c when i heard.
    Being a geo,do you know anything about CUD and their copper find???I only know what i read,and that depends whos writing it....

12. Archinos

Archinos

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, but in reply to Havingfun:
    Like everyone else I'm playing catchup with CDU. It has certainly registered on the radar though. Had a quick chat to a few colleagues with a few reports in my hot little hands. Concensus is (without being too technical) is that it sounds bloody good. While the widths quoted are 'downhole' and not true widths, they'd have to have some reasonable understanding of what they're dealing from the way their drillhole program is evolving (which has been pretty sensible so far: RAB bedrock exploratory drilling, followed by RC, and now the real test, several deeper diamond cores). What I'm getting at is they are probably not 'directors specials', hole drilled straight down or at a shallow angle to a mineralised zone. From the results so far I can see why they may have gotten a little 'over excited' in the promo dpt & resultant SP frenzy (don't blame the geos for this one, they'd be under a hell of a lot of pressure!). Of course there still remains a lot of drilling to be done to prove it up ('best way to sink a prospect is to drill it'...). Blowing away the froth, it' shaping up to be a prospect of considerable lenght with wide shallow zones (continuous?) of low-to-reasonable grade, the kind of thing that might be amenable to low cost bulk mining. Be interesting to see how deep this system goes. As for the SAM survey, it's applicable to sulphide mineralisation and while it may not be needed for a JORC estimate, the survey will probably be great for delineating the overall extent of mineralisation and should only take a few weeks to complete (with a few days tacked on the end for processing etc).
    While I don't hold CDU yet, I may very well in the not too distant future! What ever the case, I'll keep an ear out & post anything interesting under the CDU thread.
    Good luck.

13. rubicon

rubicon

No said the company sec in response to the speeding ticket, we wouldnit have a clue, but something is sure the hell on the boil cos they are continuing their march

14. havingfun

havingfun

ARCHINOS..... what do u make of today??....700,000 share traded,way above their best...something up or more rumour generated by WA piss up,and us of course....not surprised to see sellers at 30c,especially if they were in capital raise at 10c...whats happening out there in that there desert.....

15. rubicon

rubicon

If you want to know what is happening, dont look in the desert. Try the South Pacific Post, Port Morseby. Archives available from News Ltd website. It appears they are talking to the government of Bougainville. Funny how the Co secretary knew nothing. Maybe he grew up in Barcelona???

16. havingfun

havingfun

LOL

17. rubicon

rubicon

There you go.
    Public knowledge to everyone but the company secretary

Postcourier, 24 August 2006

Bougainvillean miners slam secret talks

THE Autonomous Bougainville Government may tie itself in a mining deal that will be unavoidable in the future, say Bougainville’s mining industry professionals. They said the ABG has been negotiating mining on the island without consulting local expertise. The group, consisting of Bougainvilleans working in the mining industry in the country, said the ABG should know better about striking deals with unknown mining companies as there is no guarantee the agreed benefits will flow onto the island. They said they were concerned about recent negotiations between the ABG and Ord River Resources,

18. Archinos

Archinos

Nice one Rubicon
    As for there other prospects ard the Tanami - even if I knew anything I couldn't tell you, it's too close to home (but I don't work for them). I just knew that there must have been something else on the boil...

19. havingfun

havingfun

My guess is Newmount,is it possible that NEM have some news to come regarding possible finds, that say, may border ORD???

20. Archinos

Archinos

Who me?
    No, but I have had dealings/contact with Newmont - and I definitely wont be whispering about them. But just as a general comment there has been a recent release of new seismic data over the Tanami which might heavily influence exploration activities for all parties in the region over the next few years. Also - please understand that I wont be drawn any further into who I am or who I work for (if that was what your comment was getting at?)- lets just say that I have a reasonable knowledge of things geology/exploration from my professional career, have an interest in resource stocks (particularly in the current climate), & don't mind working with others in putting my geology brain to sorting out the wheat from the chaff (when I have the time).