• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Vaccines and Autism

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Glen48, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Its a beat up. Look up what happened to the scientist who falsified the research.

2. sails

sails

I did some research on this prior to my granddaughter's 4yr vaccinations and it appears that it is not so likely to cause autism, but could make a child already with autism worse.

After checking with the GP he said that thimerosal (containing mercury) was banned in Australia. This little granddaughter has shown some mild autistic tendencies, so there was concern there. On his assurances, she was vaccinated and there were no issues.

If there are concerns, apparently the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) which is the one most likely to have mercury, they can be given at different times rather as a combination. That means more jabs for the child, but would be better than risking an increase in autism to a child that may already have it.

I have two other step grandkids who to have Aspergers and which is most likely genetic. They both did get much worse after their MMR vaccs, so perhaps there is something in the idea that it can make kids worse who are already autistic.

3. Starcraftmazter

Starcraftmazter

Vaccinations typically have heavy metals in them.

Needless to say it is not good to have a lot of them for a wide variety of reasons.

4. OzWaveGuy

OzWaveGuy

For those that want to understand the side effects and problems arising from vaccines, the CDC have a DB you can search. Just enter the vaccine name/product/side effect and search away. eg Deaths relating to MMR vaccines total 304 with 62% in the 1-2 yr age group.

I spoke to a head nurse at ACT health a couple of years ago on vaccine safety, and she refused to believe vaccines caused any deaths period! She doubly refused to believe the US government tracked vaccine side effects at said URL below, even though I ran a search query over the phone with criteria she specified. "Don't believe what you read on the Internet" was her final response. Very few in the health industry are aware of this site (and many simply don't want to know).

http://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

CDC WONDER (Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research) is an easy-to-use, menu-driven system requiring no computer expertise or special software. With CDC WONDER, you can produce tables, maps, charts, and data extracts showing the incidence of vaccine adverse events, and select specific event, vaccine, and demographic criteria to produce cross-tabulated incidence measures.

DYOR

5. sails

sails

Yes OWG - that is exactly the response I have received over my daughter's mental health medications that are riddled with potential horrific side effects. Her liver enzymes have now increased dramatically and also showing kidney function is no longer optimal. The only thing that has changed is WITHDRAWING from prescription medication.

I think the medical people are living in the dark ages when it comes to the internet. Maybe, years ago, people only went to the internet to report problems. These days, there are forums such as this one where regulars chat. There are so many out there and I have found far more information in reading real life experiences than you will ever find in a pharma leaflet. People are reporting both good and bad.

I researched on zyban for depressed people with low energy. The reports were surprisingly favourable for that condition. Probably people with low dopamine levels. Those who had side effects were more those who did not have low motivation to begin with.

I do think the internet is an amazing source of knowledge. I don't take anything as gospel, but then often the real life experiences guide one in further research to back up those ideas.

The internet has changed. Plenty of people blog their experiences these days - both good and bad.

6. OzWaveGuy

OzWaveGuy

I wonder where this ruling will go...I'm sure many will be following with interest, but don't expect the MSM to provide any updates.

Italian court reignites MMR vaccine debate after award over child with autism

The controversial row surroundings alleged links between the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism is set to be reignited following a court ruling in Italy.

Judges in Rimini, north-east Italy awarded the Bocca family Euros 174,000 (£140,000) after the Italian Health Ministry conceded the MMR vaccine caused autism in their nine-year-old son Valentino. Up to 100 similar cases are now being examined by Italian lawyers and experts suggest the case could lead to other families pursuing cases.​

7. Glen48

Glen48 Money can't buy Poverty

Now you can get a vaccine for any thing but ADD ADT XYZ etc are all in the news, to the best of my knowledge some or all theses vaccines contain Mercury and another additives.
    I have heard stories were some parents have taken their child to be vaccinated and next day the child was a vegetable.
    In USA it is compulsory to have all the injections up to date or you are arrested and fined.
    Seem strange to me all these new health problems have arrived in the last decade who knows what they are putting in the vaccines and what games they are playing.

8. Ferret

Ferret

Of course, the danger is that if people only focus on the potential side effects and choose not to vaccinate, the un-vaccinated will be at risk of contracting conditions that have caused harm or death to many people in the past.

The statistical risk of contracting these conditions is far greater than that of suffering a serious side effect to the vaccination, and if the percentage of un-vaccinated in the population grows, so does this risk.

Not saying that people shouldn’t be made aware of potential side effects, just make sure you keep an eye on the big picture.

9. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Child dies from whooping cough in Victoria
    Alison Caldwell reported this story on Thursday, February 17, 2011 08:23:00

TONY EASTLEY: The death of a newborn baby from whooping cough in Melbourne this week has triggered fresh calls for Australians to vaccinate against the highly contagious disease.

Health authorities in Victoria say it's the first death to be linked to the disease since 2004.

A Health Department spokesman said 1,300 infections have been reported since January. That's more than double the number for the same period last year.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2011/s3141105.htm

Tpbal likes this.
  10. Muschu

Muschu

Tpbal likes this.
  11. Judd

Judd

It is fascinating how there is a tendency to ignore that coincidence does not equal correlation and yet this appears to be what anti-vaccine proponents tend to do. One day it would be nice to take them to a hospital ward and show them a child whose brain has been "fried" as a result of measles. Hello encephalitis.

The incidence of infection by contagious, but avoidable, diseases has increased in areas such as Nimbin as the vaccination rate has dropped below 85%.

12. DB008

DB008

Eighty children get chickenpox at Brunswick North West Primary,
    a school that calls for 'tolerance' of vaccine dodgers

13. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Was a time a mum would put all the kids in the same bedroom so she didn't have to handle individual cases in the future.

My mum could never remember which one of us had chicken pox and who had the mumps. When I fell down with shingles in my thirties I was saddened to realise I hadn't had the mumps instead.

14. DB008

DB008

Anti-vaxxer parent lies to hospital about vaccinating 11 week baby,
    baby ends up hospitalised with whooping cough​

15. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

That would've been the "Good Old Days" when an average of 100 children died each year from chicken pox, and over 9,000 were hospitalised with complications arising from the disease.

Compare that to the uproar today, when 8 toddler drownings in a year give rise to a swag of new laws that force pool owners to fence their pools, regardless whether they have children or not.

16. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Yes the women had so many children they could play the the euphonium section of the orchestra in a high wind!

17. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Good article if you are overly concerned about your progeny:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/i-...Marketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:NA:InFocus

18. Tom32

Tom32

all my kids are fully vaccinated. Indeed the oldest two, we even paid full price for extras that have only been covered by the pbs in the last 9 years, from memory one was a gut infection and I think chicken pox was the other. The eldest still got a mild case of chickenpox anyway. None have any ill effects though the youngest is more headstrong than her gene pool would indicate...

Now A little older myself I have a healthy cynicism about drug companies and nearly fall into the conspiracy theory camp in my thoughts on them. If go further and even include some doctors and health groups (including cancer council). After seeing how far all are prepared to go to protect drug companies markets.

While it is Not a vaccine, in America champix (well the same drug diff name) has been linked to suicides and has a warning label describing as such. Today on the radio I heard doctors and lobbyists explaining how important it was not to scare people in Australia till there was evidence to prove it caused suicides in Australia.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...d/news-story/d5c5c72268f385893513328645a0ccb6

Compare that to electronic cigarettes (also a quit method) where drug companies don't get a penny, and suddenly cancer council / doctors / gov want evidence to prove they are completely safe before people should be allowed to use them. They would ban them if only they could link a few more deaths to them.

We all know as investors we expect companies we own to do whatever they have to do to protect their bottom line. If I owned a snake oil company I would expect them to sell it as a cure all. Of course long term returns are important too so we don't want them to be purely short term focused, ie there needs to be a grain of truth to your product.

Would it be so surprising that drug companies wouldn't bend the truth a little around efficacy v side effects. Would it really be surprising that the clinics they get to test said vaccines didn't give them positive reports?

To be fair I am not talking small pox vaccine here which is by all accounts a genuine breakthrough for humanity, rather the dearth of additional vaccines we are being peddled these days as adults and for our children.

19. DB008

DB008

A toddler got meningitis. His anti-vac parents gave him an herbal remedy.
    The toddler died.
    Now his parents are on trial.

Knobby22 likes this.