• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Uranium companies on the ASX?

Discussion in 'Commodities' started by pj2105, Oct 6, 2009.

1. pj2105

pj2105

I personally think that uranium power stations is the future for our every hungry power needs the earth's population is requesting.

What played our at Chernobyl is still on the lay-mans mind, but that was 12 years ago and I believe that, the non-polluting energy that it creates will be too irresistible in the end compared to coal powered stations and their greenhouse gases.
    Clean-coal technology (for me) is just a pipe dream, I've heard that phrase for decades but it nobody has solved it.
    Wind powered windmills have too many drawbacks especially in Australia where farmers etc can hear them from a mile away. Australia is a flat land so they will always end up in someones back yard. Interesting, I was in Greece recently and they had many windmills for energy, but all of them were high on mountain tops, nowhere near where anybody lived and got the best benefit out of them being high up.

The biggest drawback for me regarding uranium is how to store the toxic waste. I'm not sure of the answer, but I would like to think one could be competently found.

My question is what companies on the ASX deal with uranium? Can those of you that know please add them below.

2. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

Thorium can deliver everything that Uranium can but without all the negatives, no Chernobyl's, no meltdowns, no large amounts of toxic waste that takes centuries to become safe....clean, green, abundant, safe cheapish power forever and ever....Uranium has a very limited future IMO.

"There's not one 'silver bullet' to solve the climate and energy crises. There's two, and they're made of depleted uranium and thorium."

http://www.energyfromthorium.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten_salt_reactor

3. Kalvin

Kalvin

The biggest drawback for me regarding uranium is how to store the toxic waste. I'm not sure of the answer, but I would like to think one could be competently found.

My question is what companies on the ASX deal with uranium? Can those of you that know please add them below.[/QUOTE]

Try doing a searh on the asx website for starters:

http://www.asx.com.au/index.htm

BUT:
    PDN, EXT, BNM, DYL, UEQ and, of course, the biggy, BHP are uranium players. UEQ has some big lease and some joint ventures with the worlds biggest Uranium miner Cameco as well as a really interesting way of purifying U from phosphate.

4. Dark1975

Dark1975

Have a look at ERA (one of the largest producers of uranium).In fact providing 10% of the world's uranium production.Also note that RIO owns 68% of ERA if that helps:)
    Also note that 15% of the world's electricity is generated from nuclear power,using uranium as the fuel.

5. seasprite

seasprite

since you are asking , and I am bias by owning these . RAW (Rawson resources)
    which is mainly oil and gas (australia & NZ) however they have a uranium permit in the states.

this is an extract from their latest annual report 30/09/2009

The Company completed a leasing program in its Montana USA uranium venture. This work is operated
    by Geochemical Exploration Services Inc of Dallas, which has a 50 percent interest in the project, while
    Rawson Uranium Pty Ltd also has a 50 percent interest in the project. A farm-out package has been
    completed and, as interest in uranium exploration increases, the joint venture will seek partners for future
    work.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20090930/pdf/31l18mp7pmtd1p.pdf

6. nesta3

nesta3

Uranium companies - ASX

Hi

Can anybody give me a short list of uranium companies trading on the ASX under 10c that have got some potential to grow over the next couple of years.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

7. TheAbyss

TheAbyss

Re: Uranium companies - ASX

Watch list attached. Haven't done anything with it for a while so some may have moved to another sector etc. Not all beneath 10 cents either but you can do some editing.

Attached Files:

8. nunthewiser

nunthewiser

in regards to BHP

thankyou have a niceday

9. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

Good info thanks Nun - your post copied over to the BHP thread too. Cheers.