• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

TYR - Tyro Payments

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by System, Dec 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. System

System Administrator

Tyro Payments are a technology-focused company providing Australian businesses with payment solutions and value-adding business banking products. Tyro provide simple, flexible and reliable payments solutions as a merchant acquirer, along with complementary business banking products.

In FY19, Tyro partnered with more than 29,000 Australian merchants and processed more than $17.5 billion in transaction value, generating $189.8 million in revenue and income from all business segments. In the same year, they originated $52.2 million in loans and held merchant deposits totalling $26.9 million at 30 June 2019.

Tyro are Australia's fifth largest merchant acquiring bank by number of terminals in the market, behind the four major banks.

It is anticipated that TYR will list on the ASX during December 2019.

https://www.tyro.com

2. bigdog

bigdog Retired

Just two more days!

Upcoming ASX IPOs
    • Tyro Payments Limited TYR 06/12/2019
    Future Generation Investment Forum presentation last Thursday in Melbourne 28/11/19 included:

Jun Bei, Tyro if you don’t recognise the name, it’s because it’s not listed yet! However, by next Friday it will be.

Tyro is a payments-solution to retailers. Her slide below provides a neat summary.

upload_2019-12-4_11-59-6.png

The company services retailers, hospitality, and medical centres, and with 51,000 outlets, it transacts $17 billion annually, or 10% market share.

The benefit to the consumer is that it is highly reliable, has extra functionality (e.g.: splitting bills or adding tips), incorporates Alipay and Zip, and is fully integrated with the point of sale. Jun Bei sees further verticals being added in time, and flagged a move into travel.

3. galumay

galumay learner

This will destroy retail investor's capital. Suckers will pile into the IPO no doubt, but anyone capable of reading and understanding a prospectus and financial statements would not touch this with a barge pole.

4. bigdog

bigdog Retired

Expected to commence trading today 12:00 PM and shares issued at $2.75

Top 20 Holders (uploaded)

I imagine that SP trading will be big gains for these guys!

upload_2019-12-6_11-35-19.png

upload_2019-12-6_11-40-48.png

Attached Files:

5. bigdog

bigdog Retired

There was much money to be made for all holders

upload_2019-12-6_12-51-32.png

upload_2019-12-6_12-47-56.png

Attached Files:

6. galumay

galumay learner

As I said, out of the pockets of retail investors....

7. Klogg

Klogg

Now trading at almost 15 times gross profit... (not that you should look at multiples of GP, but that's their chosen metric).

SMP trading at less than this after factoring in the NZ buyout, debt repayment and dividend. And they're growing way faster. And profitable.

8. galumay

galumay learner

...and I wouldn't buy SMP either! As you say, its a much better business, but I believe the big four banks will continue to dominate this space.

9. Klogg

Klogg

I can confidently say it'll either be Tyro or SMP dominating. Pricing structures alone will show that.

The banks have enjoyed regulatory protection for far too long, and are now running bloated businesses as far as EFTPOS is concerned.

10. galumay

galumay learner

When I looked into it SMP cant compete on pricing with the banks, also the big four have the incumbency, most retailers already use their POS terminals. I may well be wrong, and it wont be the first or last time, but my experience running my own business, as well as talking to others is what informs my view. Either way its a low margin business with no barriers to entry. Not my game.