Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tsunami alert

Reactions
Peter
I heard them saying this morning that
a) nothing had been measured in Nth Qld , but
b) nonetheless they were clearing Bondi ?? :confused:

Still I suppose it gives us some practice.
And true, (to be fair ), I guess it's possible for the Barrier Reef to protect them and not us :2twocents

Reactions
over the horizon path of predicted waves to sunny QLd Hervey Bay, interrupted 1200km
thanks Google
Camay - fantastic shot m8,
would you be kind enough to post the website for those sort of photos pls, - maybe post it on "internet resources for kids of all ages" thread (or I will) :) - thks , 2020

PS you're right, Hervey Bay is a real funnel yes? Fraser Island?

Reactions
We got the warning in Tas too. They said there could be waves on the East Coast of Tas after 12:30 but I'm not aware of anything actually happening. It did get a lot of attention even from the usually non-serious news radio stations though.

Reactions
Camay - fantastic shot m8,
would you be kind enough to post the website for those sort of photos pls, - maybe post it on "internet resources for kids of all ages" thread (or I will) :) - thks , 2020

PS you're right, Hervey Bay is a real funnel yes? Fraser Island?

The site is Google Earth which is a world wide GPS programme. One function it has allows you to locate longitude and latitude coordinates, on this occasion the epicentre and place a track. Minimum to run XP.Good for fishing coordinates. Tassie looks safe in this attachmemt
Cheers from Hervey Bay

Attachments

Reactions
2020, this came with the mail.:)
Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail. This is not like any map you have ever seen. This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more. You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

Get Google Earth. Put the world in perspective.

(http://earth.google.com)

Cheers