Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TRUMarkets Report

Reactions
Hi Guys!

Just wondering if ANYONE has used the "TRUMarkets Report" system?

Can I please just have honest and truthful reports, based on EXPERIENCE of using TRUMarkets Stock Report, not based on one's opinion of how one THINKS it might or might not perform!?

Many people have a great tendency to automatically run down anything that looks at all outside of what they percieve to be "the norm", when indeed they often have no experience of that particular thing whatsoever!

I state this quite categorically, without fear of contradiction!

SO...if any of you good people HAVE actually used it and can give an honest appraisal OF it...I and I am sure many others reading this, would be very appreciative of your comments!

Regards
Harry

professor_frink

Reactions
Hi Harry,

haven't heard of them before now. Didn't see anything in the way of a track record on the site, which is a little concerning.

Did notice that they have a 7 day free trial though.

I have decided that as a public service to my fellow ASF members, that I'm going to sign up for a free trial this afternoon and then report back my findings:)

Timmy

white swans need love too
Reactions
Many people have a great tendency to automatically run down anything that looks at all outside of what they percieve to be "the norm", when indeed they often have no experience of that particular thing whatsoever!
Hi Harry,
Not knocking it, just a clarification.
Slapping a moving average on top of a daily candlestick chart and an RSI below it is not outside of 'the norm'.

professor_frink

Reactions
Just received my log in to get my free trial:)

Just having a look over the recently exited trades, and look forward to seeing what's on offer!

Hooray for everything:dance:

Reactions
Hi,
I have taken the free trial and could not gain much but do your own research, have free trial and you will get outcome. The buy and sell signals they send are mostly the bluechip stocks of big companies. They mainly deal with CFDs.

professor_frink

Reactions
Still with us Harry? Did you sign up for a trial?

Interested in hearing some thoughts on what's on offer?

Reactions
My experience with TRUmarkets is not so good.

I started with a bank account of $15.4k May 2010

By the end of June my account had dropped below $10k

July to the present day my balance has fluctuated between $10k-$12k, with the balance presently $11.9k.

Return on Investment -20% since joining with them.

I don't believe they are a scam; they have just made several crappy calls and it looks like a long way back before a return to my initial capital.

At this stage I would certainly not recommend them.

professor_frink

Reactions
My experience with TRUmarkets is not so good.

I started with a bank account of $15.4k May 2010

By the end of June my account had dropped below $10k

July to the present day my balance has fluctuated between $10k-$12k, with the balance presently $11.9k.

Return on Investment -20% since joining with them.

I don't believe they are a scam; they have just made several crappy calls and it looks like a long way back before a return to my initial capital.

At this stage I would certainly not recommend them.
Hi Moogadah,

which of the services were you subscribing to? I took the 1 week trial they had on offer and was going to post some comments in here for the OP, but he seems to have disappeared. There were some pretty big differences in the results for the different areas they posted reco's on.

Reactions
Hi Moogadah,

which of the services were you subscribing to? I took the 1 week trial they had on offer and was going to post some comments in here for the OP, but he seems to have disappeared. There were some pretty big differences in the results for the different areas they posted reco's on.
All 3 (CFD's, FX, Indices).

I can try & forward a copy of my statement if interested.

What did you discover re the 1 week trial?

Reactions
:samurai: the market is cutting through me like a knife through an emoticon's head
You're no orphan... TRUmarkets continue to struggle big time, with my acct balance now $10.4k, some 30% odd down from original funded account. It could be that I have joined in possibly their worst quarter on record, but am yet to see any positive signs that the tide is about to turn with this mob :crap:

professor_frink

Reactions
All 3 (CFD's, FX, Indices).

I can try & forward a copy of my statement if interested.

What did you discover re the 1 week trial?
sorry Moogadah, I missed your reply:eek:

I spent a bit of time having a look at their track record for all 3 services.

Like you've found out, the share cfd side of things hasn't been very good, they've been struggling to get that account going since the latter part of last year, when they rang me up after the trial ended I asked them about that and they openly admitted that it hadn't been the best period for their trading. I didn't ask and they didn't volunteer info about what they were doing to try and rectify that side of things though. If you have a look at and record all of the transactions they have in the share cfd section, you'll notice they started off with a bang, but since October last year haven't made much ground at all, this coincides with when the one way traffic coming out of the march 09 lows ended. It's really hard to come to any definite conclusions as to whether this just a temporary problem or not, as they don't really have a long enough track record to be able to say that something may or may not be broken.

I really didn't like the index cfd trading at all. Intraday trading when you are getting reco's via SMS is going to be really hard to evaluate whether you can replicate the claimed results or not. I wouldn't put money into that until you've ascertained whether you can or not. a point or 2 slippage on top of the recommended entry/exit price can make a huge difference to intraday trading.

The forex side of things was a little better though. They did seem to do quite a bit trend fading though, and seemed to be on the wrong side of higher timeframe trends way too often for my liking.

One thing I'd do is go and do some research on risk management too. I spoke to 2 people there, and the main focus was on generating absolute returns with little more than a passing mention to position sizing and risk management.

Search below is for fixed fractional position sizing:

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2748180

Would be a good idea to have a look at some of threads on that search if you have time to:2twocents

Considering I've been trading for the better part of 10 years, I wasn't terribly impressed with some of the calls made, but can understand why they trade the way they do after speaking with one of the traders there. Personally I think that there is nothing terribly wrong with what they are doing(although it's rather expensive!), I wouldn't put it in the category of scam or anything like that. But I'd recommend that anyone new to trading that's subscribing to them should also be trying to educate themselves about the markets and about trading whilst they are using these guys to get their feet wet in the markets.

As for whether they are the best option in regards to the various tipsheets going around, I wouldn't be able to say, I've not looked at many of them closely before.

Reactions
Not into pushing anyone’s barrow – just seems strange that my experience with TRUMarkets since Feb this year is so different to some of the recent comments.

Following TRUMarkets ideas, my trading account had a rough ride around May. I think May was rough across the board everywhere.

Don’t know what everyone else's has bought from TRUMarkets, but I have the package covering FX, Indices and CFDs. The fall in my account from May has been overcome and more.

To me it is about having some kind of trading discipline enforced upon you so by sticking to their entries and exits I won’t fall back into my old bad habits of being stuck in losing trades.

As an experienced trader, I use it in conjunction with my own ideas. and use their money management system as a guide, but leverage up according to my own trading bank and that has worked well for me.

Reactions
Not into pushing anyone’s barrow – just seems strange that my experience with TRUMarkets since Feb this year is so different to some of the recent comments.

Following TRUMarkets ideas, my trading account had a rough ride around May. I think May was rough across the board everywhere.

Don’t know what everyone else's has bought from TRUMarkets, but I have the package covering FX, Indices and CFDs. The fall in my account from May has been overcome and more.

To me it is about having some kind of trading discipline enforced upon you so by sticking to their entries and exits I won’t fall back into my old bad habits of being stuck in losing trades.

As an experienced trader, I use it in conjunction with my own ideas. and use their money management system as a guide, but leverage up according to my own trading bank and that has worked well for me.
Interesting Ctrader, and I might chat to you a bit more offline if you have the time?

I signed up for same as you, however due to being time poor I authorised TRUmarkets to instruct my broker direct with the entry & exit points; so far they have shaved approx 30% off my original capital!

Reactions
One thing I'd do is go and do some research on risk management too. I spoke to 2 people there, and the main focus was on generating absolute returns with little more than a passing mention to position sizing and risk management.
This must be they key perhaps, and something I must find time to address.

Search below is for fixed fractional position sizing:

aussiestockforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2748180

Would be a good idea to have a look at some of threads on that search if you have time to:2twocents
I cannot get this link to work...any suggestions ?

Reactions
Hello Moogadah,

For some reason the system won't let me post Private Messages.

This is Jon Bryden from TRU Markets.

I have seen your comments on the Forum and am very keen to talk you, to see if we can assist you, and to confirm that you are trading with the right trade sizes via Halifax, I and the team can't understand how your loses can be so severe, if you are mirroing our exposure levels. The losses from May should have been overcome by Mid July and you should have increase significantly by now.

Can you please call me on 1300 262 449 so we can see if we can assist.

Regards,

Jon

Reactions
Update...

Clarification on one of my earlier posts first: TRUmarkets do not instruct my broker direct with the specific entry & exit points, rather they provide trade 'suggestions' to my Broker which they can act upon.

Had a yarn with Jon, per the above post. No doubting their professionalism and endeavor to set things straight with clients. Pursuant to same I adjusted my exposures (SPI reduced, FX increased). It seems that TRUmarkets have had a bit of a rough trot with the SPI.

From 10/08 (initial post): 12 positive trades v 25 negative trades; while not meaningful in itself, it does support the Professor's comment re having parcel sizes well managed.

Account balance 07/08: $10.9k (-29%).

Reactions
First of all I like to say thanks for everyone put time and effort in replying to me.
Since I could not find anyone in the forum dealt or used TruMarkets report before; I made my decided to take the risk and join in. and this is what I have experience in the past 2 months by following recommended trading signals.
Results showing are genuine and true reflections of each trade been made which something could never see with any other provider
Often indices trades been missed, this issue been fixed by joining another third-party company that provide service of logging trades on your behalf.

Reactions
Guys, joined TRUMarkets & BlueSky Report in July / Aug 10. I made $4k loss with TruMarkets (Halifax placed the orders on all trades suggested by Trumarkets) and made $5.5k in 2 months with Blueskyreport.com.au

I pulled out from TRUMarkets and following bluesky report. Strongly suggest to try their trail for 21 days.

Reactions
BAILING OUT

Final result as I retrieved my capital from the agency of TRUmarkets and moved it to a (hopefully) safer place.

Starting 6/5/2010: $15.4
Finishing 14/9/2010: $8.817 (-42%)

My results do not bear any resemblance to their posted results. Am sure that if you are lucky enough to be in at the right time and for the right period you may do well with TRUmarkets, but be a client at the wrong time and you may get badly burnt; no doubt their are those who have fared better who've had their accounts over a different time frame. Accordingly I cannot recommend this mob nor would I denigrate them, but would just suggest one tread very very carefully.

Tip to the TRUmarkets salesperson: tone it down a bit perhaps. I like your enthusiam for the product, but it (the product) simply aint that good.