• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: Trading accounts... BellDirect the way to go?

1. skc

skc Goldmember

Do a search on this forum about BellDirect and in particular where they put your cash...

2. craft

craft

I’m guessing the same people who happily deposit money in a trading account with Bell would baulk at buying a BFG listed note on the ASX if one existed at 2 or 3 times the interest rate they receive on their Bell ‘bank’ account.

Buyer beware.

3. burnie

burnie

Thanks skc. After looking at this article I'm thinking I should stay with Westpac and use Sharesight portfolio management software. I checked with the accountant and he'd prefer I use Class Super at $250 pa. But I already set up a free account with Sharesight and it looks very good indeed. Though to upgrade to a level that allows more than 10 shares I'd have to pay $275pa. Which I would as it looks to be the answer to my prayers.

Someone's put my question/post in the correct area, thank you.

4. mike942008

mike942008

I would actually go with Westpac (or stay with Westpac), but I would definitely give Sharesight portfolio management software a try, I have been hearing wonderful things 'bout that.

5. titl4

titl4

I changed to Bell a couple of years back for my ASX portfolio. Having tried a few others I much prefer their platform and reporting (particularly the annual reporting). That said I don't keep a lot of spare cash there. I use IB for other exchanges.

But, main reason for this post - thanks very much for the Sharesight mention. I hadn't come across it before but I am very impressed - it does all I want and so little effort from me. :thankyou:

Cheers ......... Alan