• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Tradestation - asked for bank account login

Discussion in 'Software and Data' started by J1eyed, Mar 3, 2020.

1. J1eyed

J1eyed

Hi,

Does anyone use Tradestation? I created an account and filled in the W-8BEN form. When I got to the "let's add some money to your account section" I found my bank (Westpac) and it asked for my account login and password. I immediately closed it as this isn't the norm in Australia.

Is this how other people put money in their TradeStation accounts?

Ian

barney likes this.
  2. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Smart move
    Not a trade station user but it’s a charting program
    It doesn’t need cash you’ve already bought it.

3. vitorleo

vitorleo

Hi Ian,
    I have been a TradeStation client for about 2 years now. I have a very small account (under 1000 USD) just to use their charting software.
    I have been recently experimenting with different methods to transfer funds and I was brave (crazy) enough to input my login details to my Bankwest (Australia) account. The system actually logs in to your online banking and lists your accounts and balances for you to pick one of them to link to your TradeStation account. The systems returned an error message at this step for me. It seems legit, but as you said it's not the norm in Australia...
    I have emailed their support to see how to to go further that step. I'll let you know.
    Cheers,