• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

TLS - Telstra Corporation

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by banjo_pete, Oct 31, 2004.

1. sptrawler

sptrawler

Non of the telco's will be allowed to own the NBN, the Government hasn't spent all our money to break Telstra up, just to allow it to become vertically intergrated again.

2. sptrawler

sptrawler

3. Redbeard

Redbeard

That sounds more like it. And thats what I was meaning by my previous comment. Telstra is not going to roll over and get eaten away. They have to do something to keep in the game. It was obvious when they announced the NBN that long term Telstra would try to buy it.
    In a similar vein Transurban will keep doing upgrades to Citilink so it can extend and extend the contract. They were never going to "hand over" the road after the end of the first contract.

4. sptrawler

sptrawler

I doubt Telstra will be allowed to buy the NBN, however I will be buying some if the downtrend takes them to the $2.80 region, on the back of the 5G roll out.

5. sptrawler

sptrawler

6. Ann

Ann

....and a chart, maybe TLS will do a double bottom and head into a consolidating sideways channel for a bit. Could be a good buying op coming up for those who don't totally hate TLS that is! :)

tls updown.png

tinhat, jbocker and Miner like this.
  7. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

So it turns out that David Murray was right after all. But, by golly, I and many others here made a lot of money out of TLS. I didn't get out as early as I should have and as early as wiser minds on these fora suggested, but it was a great ride! Special thanks to Tony Abbott!

8. sptrawler

sptrawler

I'm no Telstra fan but, if they split and if the wholesale section picks up the NBN and if the retail section has the 5g, and if the ACCC let's them get away with it.
    What a great buy. Lol

9. Ann

Ann

It has been on my watchlist for a very long time sptrawler. Interesting to watch.

sptrawler likes this.
  10. sptrawler

sptrawler

Yes I had them, sold pre the plunge, but still think they at some time, will be a good stable income stock.
    I just have to work out what that income will be. Lol