Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The Turnbull Government

So_Cynical

The Contrarian Averager
Reactions
Good luck Scomo you're going to need it, 50/50 you will be one of the shortest serving PM's ever, certainly the shortest in modern times.

Logique

Investor
Reactions
There are of course two convenient explanations for everything:
1. Climate change
2. Tony Abbott - the most powerful backbencher in history
22 August 2018
http://joannenova.com.au/
Turnbull’s “pet fetish” – thinks people will sing hallalujah to climate change. He’s ruined. (Blame Abbott) ...Abbott is an incredibly powerful man. From the backbench he’s creating disunity, stopping legislation, ruining careers, and bringing down Prime Ministers, all just for the fun of it.

This has nothing to do with the 54% of Australians who are skeptics.

Turnbull has lost control of government. He cannot get legislation through the lower house. But hey, if only Abbott wasn’t there, Australians would be happy to buy expensive electricity....

Knobby22

Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast
Reactions
Abbott is a fool and a hypocrite.
He stopped the lower price power for revenge.
He increased the immigration rate by 30% and now says it should be lowered.
As Prime Minister he was hopeless. As a Liberal member he is a wrecker supported by News Corp which gave him some power.
He will be and is hated by most who habe to deal with him. History will not be forgiving.

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
TurnbullVote.jpg

Reactions
Yes and also did to Abbott, what was done to him.
Yet if you read the papers you would think, Mal had been assassinated, Fairfax just about have it as a day of mourning. lol
Sounds like they lost their "bunny" to me.:rolleyes:

Reactions
Yes and also did to Abbott, what was done to him.
Yet if you read the papers you would think, Mal had been assassinated, Fairfax just about have it as a day of mourning. lol
Sounds like they lost their "bunny" to me.:rolleyes:

You are aware that Alan Jones and Ray Hadley, two of the most vituperous Dutton supporters, work for Fairfax ?

TLS

Reactions
I think my primary concern over all of this during the last ten years is our loss of democracy. What is the point of voting anymore .... I used to get that you voted for a party, not the leader but this has become ridiculous.

Ie. I had/have had an opinion of Judd vs Gillard, Abbot vs Turnball, Bishop, Scomo and would/would not have voted for each of them depending on who stood for the leadership at the time of an election. Still pissed at the loss of Bishop more than anything else out of all of this...

To me there is one thing that should instantly be put in place (legislation). Scomo come on down ....

A publicly elected PM should not be able to be ousted by internal party room machinations. The public voted them in and votes them out - simple equation in my mind.

- You want to change leaders. Fine by me but take it to an election.
- PM wants to make a radical decision like send troops to war etc without bi-partisan support. Fine by me but take it to an election.

Reactions
I think my primary concern over all of this during the last ten years is our loss of democracy. What is the point of voting anymore .... I used to get that you voted for a party, not the leader but this has become ridiculous.

Ie. I had/have had an opinion of Judd vs Gillard, Abbot vs Turnball, Bishop, Scomo and would/would not have voted for each of them depending on who stood for the leadership at the time of an election. Still pissed at the loss of Bishop more than anything else out of all of this...

To me there is one thing that should instantly be put in place (legislation). Scomo come on down ....

A publicly elected PM should not be able to be ousted by internal party room machinations. The public voted them in and votes them out - simple equation in my mind.

- You want to change leaders. Fine by me but take it to an election.
- PM wants to make a radical decision like send troops to war etc without bi-partisan support. Fine by me but take it to an election.
I absolutely agree with you.
Turnbull should have waited until after the election, and maybe it will be a lesson.
I guess the big difference was, the media pushed for Turnbull to oust Abbott, the Party ousted Turnbull.
Now Turnbull has spat the dummy, and going to cause the wrecking ball effect, he so slammed Abbott for.
Politicians lack so much self appraisal, maybe that's why they are politicians.
As for Julie Bishop, I guess similar applies, she quit the job of foriegn affairs.
Now she is telling her replacement how to do it, maybe she should have just stayed in the job, no one was critising her.

https://thewest.com.au/politics/fed...op-urges-fight-for-mh17-justice-ng-b88941423z

Politics and ego's appear to go hand in hand, someone needs to tell them, they are there for us not for themselves. It is supposed to be a calling a dedication a desire, it is about doing your best for the Country.
Again, just my take on it.

Last edited:
Reactions

Yep, I agree with that.

The Prime Minister sets the agenda and direction, decides priorities and who he will listen to is in effect the government and if the electorate decides to vote for what they see as a moderate government then they don't want a right wing upstart taking over (and vice versa) without their permission.

So really, how can you trust a party that is so divided by ideology that they can't guarantee who their leader will be in six months or a years time ?

The Libs are too much of a risk to vote for imo.

Reactions
Yep, I agree with that.

The Prime Minister sets the agenda and direction, decides priorities and who he will listen to is in effect the government and if the electorate decides to vote for what they see as a moderate government then they don't want a right wing upstart taking over (and vice versa) without their permission.

So really, how can you trust a party that is so divided by ideology that they can't guarantee who their leader will be in six months or a years time ?

The Libs are too much of a risk to vote for imo.
Yes Rumpy, see you at the booth, how are the Labor how to vote pamphlets going? :roflmao:
Julia, Kev and Bill would like to join you, but they are still receiving medical attention, to remove the knives they put in each others back's.:xyxthumbs