Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

I am way to weary of strata and poorly built places. All of these issues are also very reminiscent of America's HOA's.
Strata: Thing which exists to stop you doing perfectly normal things, like hanging washing up to dry, or simply living in this century by having air-conditioning, an EV charger or even just allowing your friends to visit.

The entire concept needs a major overhaul in my view. :2twocents

Strata: Thing which exists to stop you doing perfectly normal things, like hanging washing up to dry, or simply living in this century by having air-conditioning, an EV charger or even just allowing your friends to visit.

The entire concept needs a major overhaul in my view. :2twocents
Yup. I hear a lot of HoA stories from America and they are essential privitised governments with no oversight, so things go sideways easy. People wanting power get into those governing positions to wield power and go on power trips. Our strata appears to be similar. Makes me real weary tbh. The strata fees on properties around here in Canberra are also crazy, half to a third of the rental yield. So even after paying off the mortgage, I'm locked in with paying ongoing strata fees or special levies that I have no control over. Seems crazy to me. So not many alternatives. So definitely an overhaul needed but I won't hold my breath lol.

3. I think you might be guilty of that when it comes to climate change, you don’t seem to believe that humans changing the chemistry of the atmosphere can cause changes in the climate that aren’t desirable.
of course we are

how many private jets flew to the latest Davos shindig , and what is worse several big gabfests happen each year

but none dare call it a conspiracy

the question should be who is doing the most damage ( individually ) and how do we stop , the extra damage

this ' collective guilt ' nonsense has to cease

of course we are

how many private jets flew to the latest Davos shindig , and what is worse several big gabfests happen each year

but none dare call it a conspiracy

the question should be who is doing the most damage ( individually ) and how do we stop , the extra damage

this ' collective guilt ' nonsense has to cease
A few private jets is not going to add to much carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, but the decisions made for the rest of the economy might have a big affect over time.

It‘s a bit of a myth that cutting back on private jets can save us, at the end of the day none of us want to change the amount of products and services we consume, whether that’s a private jet or a Bus, and we shouldn’t have to.

what we need to do is figure out ways to supply all those same goods and services (inc private jets) if ways that are less damaging.