Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The European - Refugee/Migrant/Welfare Chaser/Humanitarian Crisis

Reactions
Double entendrepreneur !:D
Also James Bond too are you? "I thought Christmas only come once a year."... Some lady in the theatre was going, oh fark when he said that. Sceptre out next week...

Have a few disciplines under my belt. The technology stuff is more to do with automation these days, although a life time ago I would design from PCBs up things like microcontrollers, LAN systems, etc and bring them to market... it requires a grounded indoctrination in logic and engineering, which is probably why I like to mangle the bleeding obvious into something a little obtuse. ;)

Yes I have politics in my blood too and had the few rascal acquaintances.
PCBs, the printed circuit boards, not the banned toxic chemical I just looked up? The latter would explain a lot :D

But that's awesome. A real engineer.

Any tip on marketing?
I thought all you'd need is build something cool and it sell itself. Spend months on marketing material and all I got is a bunch of words and some pictures :D

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
Any tip on marketing?
I thought all you'd need is build something cool and it sell itself. Spend months on marketing material and all I got is a bunch of words and some pictures :D
Did Marketing at a Brisbane Uni a fair while back. Most of it seemed to be maths, with calculus overlaying probability and statistics and econometrics. I'm lead to believe that has largely been replaced with the empirical modelling and hypothetically descriptive (bunch of words and pics) stuff; everyone passes and the unis get a bucket load of cash.

I take it you subscribed to the "build and they will come" model? The proverbial Chinese rice bowl/clothes peg that everyone would flock to.

Forget about the SWATs, 4Ps, Box Jenkins. etc and concentrate first on why you think you have something that some people want. It may well be an item of beauty, but the trick is to consider "want" as the reason for the 80% of purchases and "need" as the excuse they use to purchase it, not to be confused with the 20% who might actually "need" it, but don't "want" to pay for it, and probably won't.

The good thing for you is that social media has opened a permanent portal to the world wide innovators and early adopters ..... go get 'em luutzu.

Reactions
Did Marketing at a Brisbane Uni a fair while back. Most of it seemed to be maths, with calculus overlaying probability and statistics and econometrics. I'm lead to believe that has largely been replaced with the empirical modelling and hypothetically descriptive (bunch of words and pics) stuff; everyone passes and the unis get a bucket load of cash.

I take it you subscribed to the "build and they will come" model? The proverbial Chinese rice bowl/clothes peg that everyone would flock to.

Forget about the SWATs, 4Ps, Box Jenkins. etc and concentrate first on why you think you have something that some people want. It may well be an item of beauty, but the trick is to consider "want" as the reason for the 80% of purchases and "need" as the excuse they use to purchase it, not to be confused with the 20% who might actually "need" it, but don't "want" to pay for it, and probably won't.

The good thing for you is that social media has opened a permanent portal to the world wide innovators and early adopters ..... go get 'em luutzu.
You mean all those times when I thought all I need to do to pass uni is just hand in the assignment and turn up to to finals because I'm special... that I wasn't special? All students passes?

Took a course in marketing, can't remember much beside what SWOT stands for and a line from Kohler that businesses spend about half of its time and effort in marketing. Didn't much appreciate that until now :banghead:

That want and need point is gold right there Tisme. Quite clever for a drunken Irish there man.

Yea, I'm from the build it and they'll rush to it school of thought. Where market research consists of me, myself and my own need... because who else in their right mind would not want this thing that I built? Add to that a marketing strategy that says "silly customers, you're doing it all wrong and this is the way it's done. Look at the few cents in my bank account that proves it" :D... oh, then the marketing material from Olgilvy that's read like a fine print explaining everything... might need to add a few good looking, bare skin people on the poster or something.

Now really appreciate Churchill's the end is just the beginning; the end is not even the end and already it's a begining... the gaining of wisdom I guess.

oh, off topic, wrong post... well, maybe relevant under Welfare chaser, haha

Tisme

Apathetic at Best
Reactions
You mean all those times when I thought all I need to do to pass uni is just hand in the assignment and turn up to to finals because I'm special... that I wasn't special? All students passes?

Took a course in marketing, can't remember much beside what SWOT stands for and a line from Kohler that businesses spend about half of its time and effort in marketing. Didn't much appreciate that until now :banghead:

That want and need point is gold right there Tisme. Quite clever for a drunken Irish there man.

Yea, I'm from the build it and they'll rush to it school of thought. Where market research consists of me, myself and my own need... because who else in their right mind would not want this thing that I built? Add to that a marketing strategy that says "silly customers, you're doing it all wrong and this is the way it's done. Look at the few cents in my bank account that proves it" :D... oh, then the marketing material from Olgilvy that's read like a fine print explaining everything... might need to add a few good looking, bare skin people on the poster or something.

Now really appreciate Churchill's the end is just the beginning; the end is not even the end and already it's a begining... the gaining of wisdom I guess.

oh, off topic, wrong post... well, maybe relevant under Welfare chaser, haha
Can I make a small recommendation to get your product to market: watch this and fill in the blanks:

Reactions
Maybe you should move to Vaucluse, Bondi, Randwick, Bondi, Double Bay or Darlinghurst then .:D
But that's putting the cart before the horse, and I don't even have a mule at the moment :)

But yes, can't have high-priced consultant all nervous and twitchy, thinking about life and death while meeting me at my place. Can't move outside the area because the safest place to be is often the most dangerous place to be.

Is there an Asian alternative? The Chinese seems to also be pretty good with numbers and money... The Viets can't do much aside from opening Pho noodle houses and fill in a couple legal forms...

There's not too many people left that I haven't insulted today :D Equal opportunities they say.

Reactions
The vast majority of the 800,000 migrants who have flooded into Europe this year are young muslim men.

What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions
The vast majority of the 800,000 migrants who have flooded into Europe this year are young muslim men.

What could possibly go wrong?
Unfortunately, that's what the French thought, sad times.:2twocents

Reactions
Unfortunately, that's what the French thought, sad times.:2twocents
Sadly, no one asked the european their opinion before openning the gates which were already quite leaky..
More to come, The end of Europe.Only Russia can help them but being Russians, they can not be right as US knows and repeat so well

Reactions
I just hope that the migrants Australia has agreed to take are background checked, and any doubt then entry is refused, I embrace multiculturalism but when it comes to Religion then sadly seeing events like that in Paris today makes me think we should now STOP Muslim migration to this country as the sad fact is it just doesn't mix with other religions that do have tolerance towards each other.

Reactions
I just hope that the migrants Australia has agreed to take are background checked, and any doubt then entry is refused, I embrace multiculturalism but when it comes to Religion then sadly seeing events like that in Paris today makes me think we should now STOP Muslim migration to this country as the sad fact is it just doesn't mix with other religions that do have tolerance towards each other.
Every body gets checked. Even tourists and students get check and screened. And we all get checked and monitored even when we're not leaving or going anywhere.

I think we all would agree that we shouldn't be blamed for the actions of others with similar names or skin colour or speak the same language as we do, or pray to the same God. So you know...

Reactions
I think we all would agree that we shouldn't be blamed for the actions of others with similar xxx, or pray to the same God. So you know...
The news is not even cold, please have some decency
This is where we differ so categorically and when i was talking about the enemy being at the border or within a few days ago.
The chineses communist party that you quoted is such a lesser thread to mankind.
Within a few days you will be back stating that the hordes invading Europe are just the poor victims of western hate policity, and complaining against the poor "refugees" yeah why not in Nauru

we as any non fanatical muslims, and you are included however colour of skin or religion you might be, are in a war against a religion version: the one from mainly arab countries.
This religion version is openly supported by Saudis, Qatar and the emirates cliques(and so indirectly by the US: let's have open eyes) whose aim is to conquer or destroy; there is no place for any tolerance if you follow the book, and they do.
So yes a preacher in Riad is accomplice, as is a coranic school in london or paris, and as is any australian resident /citizen whose sister/wife is forced to wear a nihab: this is not a profession of faith, but a membership card to this extremism.
I am sad and angry, as this is just happening again and again(I remember the 80's bombing in the metro, the 2000 riots in France, Charlie Hebdo just a few months ago) and the doves will soon go back to their sweet dreams.
The front pictures on news will still show you a poor genuine refugee, a small girl crying ideally , hiding the 80% of muslim economic migrants, all young men coming in the west to pick the forbidden fruits sex, meterial good, alcohol and hating the west with a revenge;
they even open the flood gates in Europe:banghead:

Reactions
The news is not even cold, please have some decency
This is where we differ so categorically and when i was talking about the enemy being at the border or within a few days ago.
The chineses communist party that you quoted is such a lesser thread to mankind.
Within a few days you will be back stating that the hordes invading Europe are just the poor victims of western hate policity, and complaining against the poor "refugees" yeah why not in Nauru

we as any non fanatical muslims, and you are included however colour of skin or religion you might be, are in a war against a religion version: the one from mainly arab countries.
This religion version is openly supported by Saudis, Qatar and the emirates cliques(and so indirectly by the US: let's have open eyes) whose aim is to conquer or destroy; there is no place for any tolerance if you follow the book, and they do.
So yes a preacher in Riad is accomplice, as is a coranic school in london or paris, and as is any australian resident /citizen whose sister/wife is forced to wear a nihab: this is not a profession of faith, but a membership card to this extremism.
I am sad and angry, as this is just happening again and again(I remember the 80's bombing in the metro, the 2000 riots in France, Charlie Hebdo just a few months ago) and the doves will soon go back to their sweet dreams.
The front pictures on news will still show you a poor genuine refugee, a small girl crying ideally , hiding the 80% of muslim economic migrants, all young men coming in the west to pick the forbidden fruits sex, meterial good, alcohol and hating the west with a revenge;
they even open the flood gates in Europe:banghead:

A lot of innocent people got killed today and that is outrageous and we all should be angry and want answers. But one of the decent things we can do is not to group and blame other innocent people for things they do not do and do not condone.

Reactions
A lot of innocent people got killed today and that is outrageous and we all should be angry and want answers. But one of the decent things we can do is not to group and blame other innocent people for things they do not do and do not condone.
Luutzu, yes I have anger but I stand to my words:
"so yes a preacher in Riad is accomplice, as is a coranic school in london or Paris, and as is any australian resident /citizen whose sister/wife is forced to wear a nihab: this is not a profession of faith, but a membership card to this extremism."
You do not need to be holding a gun to be guilty.
Believe me, they are as much a thread to your kids as they are to mine and to anyone holding any of what should be universal value, starting by the rights of 50% (a bit more actually) of the earth population: women.
I stop there, this is not the right thread nor the right time for me to engage into discussion on the gangrene of the world.

Reactions
I think we all would agree that we shouldn't be blamed for the actions of others with similar names or skin colour or speak the same language as we do, or pray to the same God. So you know...
No we shouldnt but its a sad reflection of what the world is becoming because of a radical fringe, Be nice though if the Muslim community could be a bit more vocal about there opposition to these terrorist acts, show some backbone and commit to outing and getting rid of there radical fringe, maybe Muslim leaders and those in a position to have there voice heard keep quiet for fear of becoming targets themselves?

But I shouldn’t really say that, its racist, islamaphobic or whatever those trying to deny what’s going want to call it.

Reactions
Luutzu, yes I have anger but I stand to my words:
"so yes a preacher in Riad is accomplice, as is a coranic school in london or Paris, and as is any australian resident /citizen whose sister/wife is forced to wear a nihab: this is not a profession of faith, but a membership card to this extremism."
You do not need to be holding a gun to be guilty.
Believe me, they are as much a thread to your kids as they are to mine and to anyone holding any of what should be universal value, starting by the rights of 50% (a bit more actually) of the earth population: women.
I stop there, this is not the right thread nor the right time for me to engage into discussion on the gangrene of the world.
The terrorists and criminal does not share our values, yes I agree. And don't take what I say as excusing theirs or anyone else's violence. Have said before, violence will not solve anything; and to take the live of innocent people like that, that's inexcusable.

It's easy to blame a religion or a culture, but when we take a step back we know it's not.

If Islam preaches them to violence and to hate the West... they'd do it everyday, five times a day after prayer... and all 1 billion of them. Most of us and most of them just want to get on with our lives and do not condone these kind of barbarism.

Should you and I be blamed or held accountable for what some warmongers or other criminals do? Why should the other Muslims be blamed for what these terrorists did?

Reactions
The terrorists and criminal does not share our values, yes I agree. And don't take what I say as excusing theirs or anyone else's violence. Have said before, violence will not solve anything; and to take the live of innocent people like that, that's inexcusable.

It's easy to blame a religion or a culture, but when we take a step back we know it's not.

If Islam preaches them to violence and to hate the West... they'd do it everyday, five times a day after prayer... and all 1 billion of them. Most of us and most of them just want to get on with our lives and do not condone these kind of barbarism.

Should you and I be blamed or held accountable for what some warmongers or other criminals do? Why should the other Muslims be blamed for what these terrorists did?
Luutzu, the problem is, most of the radical acts of terrorism are being perpetrated by muslims.
They are also happening, in countries, muslims wish to relocate to.
So it goes without saying, there will be backlash, which will force Governments to become more circumspect and sensitive about refugee issues.

This sort of behaviour, may be a ploy by radical muslims to alienate muslims, thereby making them bond more strongly together, who knows?

One thing that is becoming apparent, ISIS is painting a big bull's eye on themselves, which may end up with a combined World force going in to clear them out.

The down side to that is, it may well be exactly what ISIS wants, the infidel forming a crusade, history repeating.

As for the terrorists and criminals, not sharing your beliefs, not all Germans agreed with Hitler.

Problem is, no one wears a badge, to say I'm a non exploding muslim.
Might sound out there, but it unfortunately is ending up badly.

The only people who can stop the decline, are the muslim's themselves.

Reactions
Luutzu, the problem is, most of the radical acts of terrorism are being perpetrated by muslims.
They are also happening, in countries, muslims wish to relocate to.
So it goes without saying, there will be backlash, which will force Governments to become more circumspect and sensitive about refugee issues.

This sort of behaviour, may be a ploy by radical muslims to alienate muslims, thereby making them bond more strongly together, who knows?

One thing that is becoming apparent, ISIS is painting a big bull's eye on themselves, which may end up with a combined World force going in to clear them out.

The down side to that is, it may well be exactly what ISIS wants, the infidel forming a crusade, history repeating.

As for the terrorists and criminals, not sharing your beliefs, not all Germans agreed with Hitler.

Problem is, no one wears a badge, to say I'm a non exploding muslim.
Might sound out there, but it unfortunately is ending up badly.

The only people who can stop the decline, are the muslim's themselves.
I don't want to be taken out of context; and to discuss politics, wars and its repercussions today is insensitive.

The reason terrorists against us are Muslims have a lot to do with us waging war on countries where Muslims happen to be. If we or anyone else wage war against Russians or Chinese or Indians or New Zealanders, you can bet there will be a bunch of those terrorists too.

So while Islam and Muslims seem to be the cause, the real cause is just war and the religion of the parties involved. In the end, as in all wars, innocent people like the French people today, and tomorrow more innocent Muslims, will pay for it.

----
Heard some lecture, maybe it was Chris Hedges, where he retell a passage by one of the prison psychologists at Nuremberg. The guy interview Nazi war criminals, its High Command... and in a conversion with Himler, I think, he asked why and how did the Nazi managed to convinced the German people to go along with the war and turn blind eyes to the murder of the Jews etc.

Himler said... no one want to go to war, the poor sloth farming the field.. .all he cares about is farming and minding his own business; he doesn't want to go fight or send his sons to die. So we have to convince him.

We have to tell the people that we go to war because the enemy is coming for us, because they are evil and we must sacrifice for the Fatherland etc. etc.

Same with Imperial Japan... they didn't think they were murdering and colonising and raping all of Asia. They say they were benevolent and want to bring Asian out of the dark ages and be rich and englightened they they are.

In the end, we're just all a bunch of farmers trying to live our lives but others have better and bigger plans that need our blood and treasure to carry it out. To start believing that an entire people and their funny clothes and crazy religion is murderous.. that's the first big step on that march to endless violence serving no one but arms manufacturers, war profiteers and a bunch of warmongers.