• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

The European - Refugee/Migrant/Welfare Chaser/Humanitarian Crisis

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DB008, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

I think there has also been a shift in community expectation:- we don't anticipate new arrivals without any qualifications will do anything much, but sit around the streets talking about their religion/ghetto and collect welfare.

When I think of those Italians who got off the boats and almost immediately disappeared into the workforce, later to surface with families and a brick house with concrete lions in the fore yard.:rolleyes:

2. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

And a market garden in the backyard.
    :)

Of course, some of them were growing more than veggies in the garden eh Mr Trimbole ?

:D

3. DB008

DB008

Wow, just wow.

Nice to see that a Government is looking after it's citizens first and foremost.

German nurse shocked after being forced out of flat to make way for refugees​

4. DB008

DB008

30% migrants are fake Syrians, says Germany​

5. DB008

DB008

German police call for segregated refugee shelters​

6. sptrawler

sptrawler

You aren't getting a lot of responses, Danny, I think everyone is aware of the $hit this is going to land us in.:D

It really is a passive takeover, end result a really big war between China and the Muslims IMO:xyxthumbs

Big trouble in little China.:D

7. DB008

DB008

Woman 'gang-raped in refugee camp ordered to stay SILENT by no-borders activists'​

8. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

Yes DB.
    Politically the left cannot stay acendant if the refugees do not behave well.
    I think refugee policies in Europe will look very different in 5 years. Davod Cameron, a very astute politician is showing the way.

9. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Can't they do DNA tests and send them off to their ancestral homelands where they can enjoy each other's commonality and live in peaceful co-existence? :cool:

10. DB008

DB008

So much money get refugees by the State​

11. luutzu

luutzu

Maybe it's just a waste of money, maybe it will turn out to be a good investment. One that returns both capital, interests and other economic and financial gains, as well as maybe an investment in showing the kind of society we ought to be.

It certainly beat the kind of waste most gov't put towards bailing out the big corporations and investment banks.

Can't speak for myself, but the costs Australian taxpayers had generously given our family has, by my basic calculation, been returned multiple times.

Sure my parents and siblings still get the better deal, but on a strict financial basis what we've received probably adds up to no more than $200k since first arrival and to end of uni - four of my siblings have each been paying at least $30k to $40k in income tax each year for past 5 years, before that they were on a graduate rate... and it looks like the future might be brighter still. And none of them have been to see accountants to ask how to reduce taxes - that's not because they don't know maths.

12. luutzu

luutzu

Not a lot of responses because if people want this kind of fair and balance reporting they'd subscribe to Faux News.

13. qldfrog

qldfrog

and to be a devil's advocate: why even invest for some hypothetic return when you can just reap benefits:
    I am a legal migrant based on qualification and points:
    arrived here young 20y ago , already educated with soon to be wife, same status;
    coming in after medical check and with a clause preventing any centerlink benefit for 3y;
    Never ever got a benefit from the australian government, son born before baby bonus and family allowances;
    my small family ( wife, I and kid) paid 100 000's every year in taxes on average ;

Policy can still be done as currently, Australia is still attractive to young graduates especially as it has avoided high unregulated migration until recently

why would you even take the chance to risk failure, destroying the core of your society and bringing in self exploding martyrs when you could get the cream of the world?
    too selfish for the PC brigade?

Sadly, i do see this country attraction going down the drain due mostly to economic policies; maybe MT will change that....

14. luutzu

luutzu

Helping refugees is not just about economics. It's helping those in need. Getting skilled immigrants with qualifications and cash are done for practical purposes... the former is saying we can help, the latter is we need the money.

Kinda like marrying for love or for money. For love you each make sacrifices, help each other and overcome difficulties and live happily ever after... For money you'd both go: I might not like everything about the person but time is important and money is good and if the proverbial hit the fan I'll at least take half of the lots of stuff they now have...

You might be the cream of the crop, some Muslim might be terrorists, but there's no guarantee that either group will be a good investment simply because of their dress code and good looks right?

While a case can be made that most refugees are not economic migrants, the same cannot be said for "skilled" migrant. Why else would a skilled and somewhat well off person chose to pick up and leave their safe country? For a better job, a better lifestyle, cleaner air, where they could afford to live where no Muslims or slump is just a few suburbs away... so yes, if we're into economic migration bashing, refugees as a group ain't it.

So depends on how you define the core, or what you want the core value of the country to be.

I have seen, just about everyone, admiring the rich and those with titles and assets and blings to their name. Falling all over themselves to attract and tie catches like that quick smart... Such people are never likeable and such relationship never end well, and ending was the best thing that could happen in those cases.

If you think personal relationship cannot be extrapolated to national policies, take a look at the US (we Aussies are better though right?)... Putting money and those with money above all else, sing hollow praises of this and that and they now have the top 1% owning half the country, literally... the other top 9% own another 15% and everyone else at the bottom hate Muslims and Mexicans and the Blacks and they all packing heat.

15. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Some of those qualifications and skillsets are proven to be worthless time and time again in my chosen profession. And of course we don't really need degrees to shuffle paperwork between public servants, but it gives the staff something to feel proud of between PD courses; however importing people to do the the same menial tasks when the unemployed could do them ......:rolleyes:

In the past we set up migration to increase the talent pool without having to spend the training dollars. Now we have moved to pro discrimination and quota systems, importing people who have a cultural norm of uncontested obedience to skyfairies, an obsequious mob mentality, a ghetto mindset, indolent work ethic and a high degree of rat cunning..... it's like the Irish potato famine all over again.:rolleyes:

16. SirRumpole

SirRumpole

It's called Family Reunion visas.

17. DB008

DB008

SWEDES FIND WEAPONS STASH AT MIGRANT CENTER​

18. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

19. luutzu

luutzu

btw, what is your profession Tisyou? Researcher at uni or CSIRO? Heard you said IT but from what you say have thought you'd be in law or politics - saying things that can be taken both ways :D

20. Tisme

Tisme Apathetic at Best

Double entendrepreneur !:D

Have a few disciplines under my belt. The technology stuff is more to do with automation these days, although a life time ago I would design from PCBs up things like microcontrollers, LAN systems, etc and bring them to market... it requires a grounded indoctrination in logic and engineering, which is probably why I like to mangle the bleeding obvious into something a little obtuse. ;)

Yes I have politics in my blood too and had the few rascal acquaintances.