• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

The days ahead--A view from Tradeguider--You Tube

Discussion in 'Trading/Investing Resources' started by tech/a, Jan 22, 2008.

1. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLf566DKU84

Gavin has just placed this up on You Tube.
    Giving some hints on what to look for.
    To identify continued weakness OR Opportunity.

The last 2 mins of the 6 min is Advertising
    Its the first 4 mins thats worth viewing.

(Mods I'm NOT spamming!).

2. tech/a

tech/a No Ordinary Duck

Well even though the feds cut rates .75%
    The analysis looks like it will unfold.

3. Timmy

Timmy white swans need love too

Thanks for that Tech. I just re-watched it and say what you like about rate cuts the fact is this was a very good call. He mentioned 1245 as the level to watch 'over the coming days' ... 1255 was the low in Europe time about 12 hours later, well before the stock exchanges had opened in the US. Now 1255 was the limit down, it couldn't get any lower until the exchanges opened, but it didn't have to go up either ... it then traded higher prior to the US rate cuts and, well you know the rest.

He didn't really go into why he targeted 1245, but he said it in a public forum (apparently this YouTube thing is quite popular...), so hats off to him.

In the ad he mentioned Wyckoff and then Williams. Maybe there is something to this Wyckoff analysis after all...

4. theasxgorilla

theasxgorilla Problem solved... next bubble.

Am I missing something? I don't see 1245 anywhere on any S&P500 charts that I look at.

5. RichKid

RichKid PlanYourTrade > TradeYourPlan

Was it an emini price level, think that's what he said at the start but the vid isn't clear enough for me to see the price levels.

6. Timmy

Hi Gorilla - it was about 6.40 pm (Sydney time) on 22 January (Tuesday). It was during the 'overnight' session of Globex, so the big S&P contract was not trading, the 1255 low occurred on the ES, the emini S&P500.

I haven't got my charts going so took a snapshot from a futuresource chart, at this link if you want to check it out.

Attached Files:

7. Timmy

The chart on the vid was very unclear - I couldn't make out the numbers on the scale at all, but yes, he referred in the audio to the chart as being the emini s&P.

8. joea

joea

I do not have Tradeguider, but have seen no posts on the current promotion.

Anybody interested in knowing more about it should go to the site.
    Supposebly a one time offer is current for 24hrs. I would advise to chase up esignal to check the cost of their data, as 2 months are free and then you have to purchase.

The release of "Trading in the Shadow of Smart Money", has initiated Gavin to promote the software with views of education modules.
    4 modules of Chart Reading Masterclass is available to look at for free. This is half price for the rest. Tom Williams is present as well as a guy called Phillip.

A 100 page book can be downloaded for free, on "Sequential VSA Chart Patterns".
    etc. This shows the sequences for set upts. i.e. but there are only a couple of charts.
    The rest are explainations. It gives you an idea of software.

I have watched the 4 modules, and I can say it was interesting how they went about it.
    For interest Phillip talks about best stock in best sector by relative strength comparison.

Gavin likes to talk a bit, but I am sure that it is helpful.
    Anybody contemplating the software should have a look.
    Cheerss

9. joea

joea

Gavin from Tradeguider has a video on youtube.

Its worth a look, for people trading seriously.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UEjPSBS7ic

This is pretty good stuff. Trading is not easy! This sort of help is appreciated.
    I accept that he is also selling a product.

Cheers

10. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

There are a couple of things that I don't understand in that video. He only wants to trade 1 contract and yet is supremely confident that there is weakness in those two bars and the price will fall, which it does. Then talking about trading 10 - 20 contracts he says there are "regulations to stop you and help you to not lose money". "Those regulations state that you when you get to a certain point in your trading account will be triggered out of the trade".

What "regulations" does he mean? Could it be that the larger the trades, the greater the target one becomes?