• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

TGR - Tassal Group

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by SoBadAtTrading, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Klogg

Klogg

You need to figure out what how much of this is maintenance capex, and how much is capex building beyond current capacity.

Keep in mind they have a 3 year fish cycle and 5 year capex cycle (from memory). So as a very rough approximation, the capex 5 years ago is the maintenance cost of today.
    There are better ways to go about calculating it, and I know a few years ago they gave a figure for this. But it's a start. Other factors to keep in mind:
    - the seafood acquisition does muddy the waters
    - they raised capital to expand whilst conditions remain favourable (more capex required)

2. galumay

galumay learner

Thanks Klogg, yes, I think thats a bit beyond my simple ability! I am beginning to think I dont understand this business well enough to be a part owner!

3. Wysiwyg

Wysiwyg Everyone wants money

I think the comm. has finished here so my obs.. TGR caught my interest with the extended narrow range. My most recent research revealed the world wide salmon sea lice infestation. I don't know if it has reached the Tassie stocks with the advantage of distant cleaner water. Price supported around the $3.80 line.

4. VSntchr

VSntchr

Pretty astonishing volume of over 4.2m traded today and price down over 10% on the back of JP Morgan cutting their price target from $5.00 to $3.43.
    Yes precisely $3.43 ;)

5. Calvin27

Calvin27

Anyone holding this stock? Bought at mid 3s, currently approaching mid 4s. The last few months have seen a bit o factivity, but I'm not sure what is triggering this.

6. peter2

peter2

Not holding, but there was an attractive BO setup. The trigger was a close above 4.30.
    Price is close to yearly highs. Another attractive aspect.

tgr2407.PNG

VSntchr likes this.
  7. $20shoes

$20shoes

TGR gets a bit choppy, but has been holding its ground over last 2 months.
    Might be a trade in this one if it can hold over 4.50. Initial target $4.80 but it might be expected to test blue sky highs above 5.10 in a favourable environment.

NB: 4.44 was a significant top in Dec 2007.

DAILY:

TGRdaily2019-01-04 09-24-30.jpg

WEEKLY:

TGRweekly2019-01-04 09-24-30.jpg

8. $20shoes

$20shoes

Results pleased the market. Was almost gunning for blue sky prices but the breadth of the move would have attracted some profit takers. Time to tighten the stop.

Attached Files: