• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Text Selector

Discussion in 'Trading Strategies/Systems' started by Steve C144, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Steve C144

Steve C144

Hello all,
    See my Text Selector statement below. Does Amibroker support using more than one array in text selector? See I have used MET and today1 arrays...getting odd results...should I be able to do this or is there another way? Note the values for MET and today1 overlap in the array data...i.e. -.2 occurs in both arrays.

TextSelector = 1 * ( MET < -.20 ) + 2 * ( today1 >-.2 AND today1 < 0 ) + 3 * (today1 > 0 AND today1 <.5) + 4 * (today1 > .5 AND today1 < 1 ) + 5 * (today1>1);

TIA.

2. Trav.

Trav.

@Steve C144 firstly think about posting your questions in the following thread instead of creating a new thread

https://www.aussiestockforums.com/threads/amibroker-faq.1679/

You are giving us less code to work with but I use the following line in my code and you should be able to adapt it to suit so the result is either 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6 etc as it appears you are multiplying the result of an equation and this could be giving you odd results

TextSelector = IIf(C1B OR C1S, 1, IIf(C2B OR C2S, 2, IIf(C3B OR C3S, 3, IIf(C4B OR C4S, 4, IIf(BTSell, 5, IIf(C5B OR C5S, 6, 0))))));