Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

TER - Terracom Limited

Joe Blow

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
Guildford has established a portfolio of coal exploration tenement areas in Queensland, Australia. Guildford’s tenements cover an estimated area in excess of 21,000 square kilometres and are defined within project areas as follows:

• Hughenden Project (Galilee/Eromanga Basins)
• Sierra Project (Bowen Basin);
• Comet Project (Bowen Basin);
• Springsure Project (Bowen Basin) (acquisition to be completed on the date of successful close of the Offer);
• Sunrise Project (Surat/Bowen Basin);
• Monto Project (Nagoorin Graben); and
• Maryborough Project (Maryborough Basin).

http://www.guildfordcoal.com.au

Reactions
Re: GUF - Guildford Coal

Just brought some GUF at 29.5c. I'm not into shares much but my friend told me to buy as much as I can. Is there something special about GUF that I dont know? The market Depth looks good :)

Reactions

Thanks Moneyman. Is your friend into shares, or did he get it from a good source? Hope he did not get it from the taxi driver or his hairdresser!

Reactions

I asked my mate who knows a fair bit about stocks and he said the less I know the better and shifted topic to what time my shift ends LOL. But I did some research about this company myself and has their Hughenden Project which is in the Galilee/Eromanga Basins which alot of discoverys by other miners have been found such as Santos, Iron Road, Iron Clad just to name a few. Also they have their
• Sierra Project (Bowen Basin)
• Comet Project (Bowen Basin)
• Springsure Project (Bowen Basin) (acquisition to be completed on the date of successful close of the Offer)
• Sunrise Project (Surat/Bowen Basin)
• Monto Project (Nagoorin Graben) and

They have a sustainable balance sheet and the stock hasn't been diluted so plenty of potential as well as a hot tip. I currently hold 120000 Units at 29.5. If I had more I would dump it into this stock. Hope this helps anyone interested in investing into GUF :2twocents

Reactions

Hey moneyman89

Im also a newbie at the sharemarket, done a few trades of the bigger companies, make a little doe, but then GUF really caught my eye too. I bought in a measly $2K at 23c & sold at 25c ( DUH! :banghead: ) Then it rocketed up to 30c, dipped back down to 29c where I bought in again, this time $8K. Surely it cant be this easy to make big profits on newly listed companies? :eek:

GFU seems to just be on the UP UP UP. Not effected by any of the broader markets movements.

I hope this trend continues & your friend knows what hes on about.

Beaver. :cool:

Reactions

I read the management agreement and apparently they get 20 million dollars in either shares or cash or a mix for every 100,000,000 tonnes of coal they find for the length of their employment. As someone who isn't very familiar with the payment amounts of experienced geologists, is this alot?

Reactions

It almost always finishes in the green. Ill at least wait until a report of some type comes out before selling. Might buy some more at 31 if i can :D

Reactions

Taken a bit of a hit these past 2 days, nothing dramatic I suppose, its back up a little today.

A nice report has been released by Stonebridge, whoever they are :D about GUF and its potential. its on GUF's website.

Reactions

GUF is at a over inflated price right now...if you hold at the current price of 35c I suggest you sell quick smart. No news has came out as of yet and there are better companies to look and invest at.

Reactions

What has changed your views since august 6th moneyman? I have bought a small parcel in this stock for my sons future with a medium to long term view for returns and i think there is a lot more upside to this stock over at least the next 12 months. I am interested in hearing your opinion on why you think i should sell. To me, they look to have large amount of acres in good proximity to infrustructure, sufficient cash to fund exploration, aiming for JORC by end of year, directors hold large stake in company (plus large bonuses on discovery of 100m+ tonne) so it is in their best interests to get things happening. There is international demand for coal and going by trading volumes still plenty of interest in this company.

Reactions

IIRC, the directors of this company get a 20 million dollar bonus for every 100 million of coal they find capped at 500 million. Considering they have raised about 30 million, if the best case scenario occurs and they find 500 million tonnes of coal, the directors would end up holding the vast majority of the shares on issue because they already own about half. Seems like most of the upside goes to the directors, and this has struck me as unfair, surely the shareholders who provide the money to fund the exploration activities should be getting most of the upside? I'm all for adequate compensation and recruiting high quality management, but not at the cost of 80%+ of the upside. Due to this I have sold out of my position for a small profit, I just can't invest in a company that so plainly rewards the directors at shareholders expense.

However that being said, the board are experienced and are likely to find alot of coal, good luck to current holders, it seems a winner. :2twocents

Reactions

20 cents per tonne is not that significant is it? Directors need an incentive, and who cares, as long as we all get rich? Or am I reading it wrong?

Reactions

I was just stating that it's one of the more generous compensation schemes I'm aware of, the directors already own about 55% of the company, they already get 2.5 million a year (500,000 IIRC), and they get this bonus if they find more coal. Most of the upside goes to the directors, as opposed to the people who backed them with money, now I'm not arguing they shouldn't be rewarded, but having 55% of the company should already be making them filthy rich if they hit paydirt, this ownership percentage can only increase with this bonus and thus it rubs me the wrong way, however if you are comfortable with this scheme, you should buy in, as management seem top quality, the tenements are well located, and they are fully funded for an aggressive exploration scheme for 2 years.

:2twocents

Reactions

I agree that the remuneration package for directors is good but their shares are in escrow for 2 years from date of asx listing so you would think they will be trying to increase the share price between now and then. Its in everyones best interest for them to increase the value of the company the way i see it. I am ok with the remuneration they get providing they increase the company value and discover a crapload of coal to justify it

Reactions
Takeover Bid

Hey All,

Currently looking at the announcements from GUF (ASX) and there is a few documents on a takeover bid.

I have been trying to make sense of all of it but have no idea what it means. If any of you guys could decipher it for me, it would be appreciated =]

Due to my first post I am unable to provide the direct link to the ASX page.

Thanks

Reactions

h0max, i dont believe it is a takeover bid. The Chairmen1, who own 50+% of GUF are trying to raise capital and an ex director of C1 has an issue with this. I believe it has to do with the Springsure tenement that GUF was trying to secure 85% ownership of. The takeover panel were asked to review this capital raising as the ex director had some issues with the proposed transactions. According to todays announcement, the takeover panel is not going to get involved with this. Well, thats my take on it.:)

Reactions

not many shares up for sale at present. This is having a very good run at present on no news:D

Reactions

Yes it has. Broke 60cents this morning, up 17%.

God i regret selling so early :p

Reactions

I asked my mate who knows a fair bit about stocks and he said the less I know the better and shifted topic to what time my shift ends LOL. But I did some research about this company myself and has their Hughenden Project which is in the Galilee/Eromanga Basins which alot of discoverys by other miners have been found such as Santos, Iron Road, Iron Clad just to name a few. Also they have their
• Sierra Project (Bowen Basin)
• Comet Project (Bowen Basin)
• Springsure Project (Bowen Basin) (acquisition to be completed on the date of successful close of the Offer)
• Sunrise Project (Surat/Bowen Basin)
• Monto Project (Nagoorin Graben) and

They have a sustainable balance sheet and the stock hasn't been diluted so plenty of potential as well as a hot tip. I currently hold 120000 Units at 29.5. If I had more I would dump it into this stock. Hope this helps anyone interested in investing into GUF :2twocents
Well your friend was definitley on the money with this one!
A a newbie I need to learn how to keep my finger of the SELL trigger. Oh well... its only money... :D

Reactions

Cracked 80c today! Anyone have any more news on this stock?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
System 5GG - Pentanet Limited Stocks I-P 2
frugal.rock SAN - Sagalio Energy Limited Stocks Q-Z 1
System ACE - Acusensus Limited Stocks 0-H 0
Trav. EM2 - Eagle Mountain Mining Limited Stocks 0-H 1