• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

SXE - Southern Cross Electrical Engineering

Discussion in 'Stocks Q-Z' started by Joe Blow, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Southern Cross Electrical Engineering Limited (SXE) is a supplier of large scale electrical and instrumentation installation services for major resources, infrastructure and heavy industrial projects in Australia and overseas.

http://www.scee.com.au

2. piggybank

piggybank

3. piggybank

piggybank

SSXEEs.gif

4. ROE

ROE

I mange to pick up this one cent from the bottom
    With all the negativity around mining service this could prove a cheapest stock around. ...
    Result next week ...massive volume last 2 days ...no profit revision so they on track for a good result...

5. tinhat

tinhat Pocket Calculator Operator

The candle after today's close doesn't show much result for that huge volume of turnover. It certainly hasn't shown any sign of breaking from the down-trend yet but the spikes in volume in trading this year look promising. This stock actually came up on my radar in a scan a while ago now, I recognised the stock code. It probably would have been in the last quarter of last calendar year.

Good luck with it. Please keep us up to date with the news.

6. ROE

ROE

I don't buy based on charts and have little knowledge of it -:) I followed this one for a while, it keep drift lower and lower for no reason just sentiments .... It has reasonable cheap workforce and earnings ...it has training and program in place get get qualified Filipino workers...

7. ROE

ROE

The diamond in the rough
    profit up 45% ...margin up, healthy cash balance.

8. skc

skc Goldmember

Not a bad little outfit, however operating cashflow was negative due to increased working capital (more receivables, less payables). May be that's why the market marked it down a tag today.

9. skc

skc Goldmember

Big profit downgrade a month after the interim report. Full year NPAT in the range of $7-10m. Considering H1 was already at $6m, the low end of the range means the company will be barely profitable in H2.

Management citing delay in contracts and reduction in gross margin. As with most contracting buisnesses, it's hard to gauge whether this is a one-off or something more serious.

I also wonder whether this was somewhat foreshadowed in the H1 financials... there must be someone out there who's done some analysis on "large change in op cashflow" vs "likelihood of downgrade in the next period".

10. ROE

ROE

I manage to ride from 70c to exit in the 82 and out quick 17% return....very decent return on my parcel
    Dont like hanging around these business long, if I spot it reasonable cheap ... I get the gain I am out

11. skc

skc Goldmember

Nice work and very nimble of you.

12. ROE

ROE

coming back under 50 following the director move :)

13. ROE

ROE

Thanks for a nice ride again ..another few K profit :)

14. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

SXE is about to go ex-div tomorrow; including Franking Credits, it's just shy of 4c.

SXE o 17-09-14.gif

That would explain the early 4c rise.
    But going by the chart, recent range trading could make around 60c a rewarding entry.

15. galumay

galumay learner

SXE performing very well, results for the full FY showing the growth from the acquisition of Heyday and the program of diversification from the mining sector. Dividend reinstated and my new range of IV is around $1. Up about 7% today to 77c, i bought in at 50c and have held for a couple of years.

McLovin likes this.
  16. galumay

galumay learner

Good result for SXE posted today, missed their revenue guidance slightly but all metrics up strongly, looks like the Heyday acquisition has bolted on well. Good execution from management.

Smurf1976 likes this.