Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Sunday Sacred

Reaction score
Sunday Sacred 10 October 2021
A resource for those who like to celebrate Sunday with a few worship songs.
Liz Vice has always had a love for storytelling. The Portland native who currently resides in Brooklyn, started her career working behind the scenes in the world of film and video, only to accidentally find herself behind the mic. Liz Vice’s sound is a fusion of Gospel and R&B, with dynamic and soulful vocals, and lyrics, deeply rooted in spirituality, that give her work a timeless feel.
No matter how large the venue, her genuine approach to her work and playful interaction with the audience makes everyone feel like they're sitting at home on the couch watching a friend sing their heart out. Vice is very passionate and has overcome many personal obstacles; she credits her adventurous life to not forcing anything and being willing and available to wherever it is that the LORD leads. "It's all about risk, and taking risk is never regretful... well, most of the time.”
Empty Me Out · Liz Vice
See The Day · Liz Vice
Drift Away · Liz Vice
There's a Light · Liz Vice
It Was Good · Liz Vice
All Must Be Well · Liz Vice
Entrance · Liz Vice
Jesus, Name Above All Names · Liz Vice
Everything Is Yours · Liz Vice
Truly Today · Liz Vice
Save Me · Liz Vice
The Source · Liz Vice
Where Can I Go · Liz Vice

Craton

Mostly passive, contrarian.
Reaction score
@Recklyn you joined ASF on the 9th November 2017 and apart from clicking Likes starting around 21 July 2021, this is your first post.
No hello, no introduction, no words about yourself or stocks/finance/trading not even a whisper about Covid and it's impact but, your first post is very revealing and to boot, I'm certain you do know that for some it is not Sunday that is sacred.

Reaction score
@Recklyn you joined ASF on the 9th November 2017 and apart from clicking Likes starting around 21 July 2021, this is your first post.
No hello, no introduction, no words about yourself or stocks/finance/trading not even a whisper about Covid and it's impact but, your first post is very revealing and to boot, I'm certain you do know that for some it is not Sunday that is sacred.
Hello Craton

You are spot on with all of your observations. I wasn't aware that I should introduce myself, or write about stocks or any other related subjects especially in the General Chat forum. I'm surely not going to tell you anything about myself at present other than that I am a Christian; it's called "online safety". As for Covid, I think it's been done to death already and doesn't need any comment from me. Yes I know all about the Sunday pros and cons, but the term is "Sunday Sacred" which means sacred songs for a Sunday. It could just as easily fit any other day of the week, and for me it does.

Are you a manager or a moderator, or someone else I should be afraid of? If you really are one of those then I imagine you have the right to terminate my membership here. That's okay. You have to do what you must for the best benefit of the forum.

Kind regards, Recklyn

Reaction score
Hello Craton

You are spot on with all of your observations. I wasn't aware that I should introduce myself, or write about stocks or any other related subjects especially in the General Chat forum. I'm surely not going to tell you anything about myself at present other than that I am a Christian; it's called "online safety". As for Covid, I think it's been done to death already and doesn't need any comment from me. Yes I know all about the Sunday pros and cons, but the term is "Sunday Sacred" which means sacred songs for a Sunday. It could just as easily fit any other day of the week, and for me it does.

Are you a manager or a moderator, or someone else I should be afraid of? If you really are one of those then I imagine you have the right to terminate my membership here. That's okay. You have to do what you must for the best benefit of the forum.

Kind regards, Recklyn

A very dignified and polite reply, well done.

Reaction score
Sunday Sacred 17 October 2021

I have my friend Ruth to thank for bringing today's singer to my attention.

For recording artist Mac Powell, there were people in his life that saw the gift he’d been given early, and helped him take the first steps to an extraordinary ministry.
“My parents were a big influence on me. They both sang and played guitar, so I always had that around the house. It took me a while to realize most parents aren’t like that! Most parents aren’t singing around a campfire all the time with their kids. So I was very, very fortunate. That was probably the most major musical effect on me. And being able to sing at church. I went to a real small church in Alabama and had chances to sing solos as an 8, 9, and 10 year old kid. That built up not only my desire to do that more, but gave me the confidence I could do that.”
And then there were the teachers that taught Mac so much more than notes on a page.
“Then through high school I had teachers that really encouraged me musically, and told me I had a gift. They encouraged me to grow that and develop it. There were times where it wasn’t even necessarily singing. I was in marching band in high school! I loved it. And so I had a couple guys that really poured into my life and helped me learn music.”
“I had an amazing voice teacher in college that just had the strongest voice, an amazing man. And he knew I wasn’t going to be singing opera music or these arias. He would give me things like jazz pieces. They weren’t rock songs, but something more of what my voice fit. A lot of people through the years – whether it was helping me musically or just business-wise and knowing how to move forward with the band. And, of course, the guys in the band itself – I wouldn’t be anywhere if it weren’t for them. I wouldn’t have probably had the drive or the courage to move forward without them. So I’m very thankful to tons of people. They say it takes a village, and it took a major village to help and encourage me all these years.”

Love Is The Reason - Mac Powell

God Of Wonders (Agnus Dei) - Mac Powell

I’ve Always Loved You - Mac Powell

Victory In Jesus - Mac Powell & Jason Hoard

By His Wounds - Mac Powell & Friends

New Creation - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2q-j0L9mMc

River Of Life - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceVLJ2Xm1UM

The Center Of It All - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1CUPDV7uA

Soul On Fire - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaioE5jvm-4

Love Song - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBpfgrNuNbI

Joy Of The Lord - Mac Powell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rMBtPbVrw

Graves Into Gardens - Mac Powell w/ Apostles Worship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1voBNXVVUM

In Jesus’ Name - Mac Powell w/ Apostles Worship Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQmSLywNfx8

Consider the Lilies & How Great Thou Art - Mac Powell w/ Apostles Worship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q87eerYU34g

Craton

Mostly passive, contrarian.
Reaction score
Hello Craton

Kind regards, Recklyn
Thanks for your reply @Recklyn

Above all, this forum is as the forum name states.
Forums include:

Australian Stock Market Discussion

Market Related Forums

Trading and Investing

Then there are the other forums:

Community

Members Only Area

Sure, post away in whichever takes your fancy, I've no problem with that at all.

With regards to "tell you anything about myself", allow me to say this.
I have been an online user since the last century and long before the "socials" were a thing. I have and still do moderate, administrator and own forums.

It has always been common practise and a simple courtesy to existing members for newbies to introduce themselves. Nothing fancy, no long winded or detailed spiel but something succinct along the lines of why one has become a member of a particular forum.
You certainly do not have to give any specific or identifying information and, as you rightly say, "online safety" is/always has been, paramount.
Doesn't hurt to say a few words and saying g'day though and thus, certainly wouldn't have illicited my original response.

We're all different, for this little black duck Sunday Sacred does not mean songs for a Sunday.
So yeah, fairly obviously you're a Christian.

Covid. Yes, done to death but personally, I would like to hear your side, your experience or thoughts on this.

Lol, no. Here I am not a manager, a moderator or "someone else" to be afraid of here. It's @Joe Blow that wields the big stick in this house.

To conclude, again thanks for and appreciate the reply.

Sincerely,
Craton

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply @Recklyn

Above all, this forum is as the forum name states.
Forums include:

Australian Stock Market Discussion

Market Related Forums

Trading and Investing

Then there are the other forums:

Community

Members Only Area

Sure, post away in whichever takes your fancy, I've no problem with that at all.

With regards to "tell you anything about myself", allow me to say this.
I have been an online user since the last century and long before the "socials" were a thing. I have and still do moderate, administrator and own forums.

It has always been common practise and a simple courtesy to existing members for newbies to introduce themselves. Nothing fancy, no long winded or detailed spiel but something succinct along the lines of why one has become a member of a particular forum.
You certainly do not have to give any specific or identifying information and, as you rightly say, "online safety" is/always has been, paramount.
Doesn't hurt to say a few words and saying g'day though and thus, certainly wouldn't have illicited my original response.

We're all different, for this little black duck Sunday Sacred does not mean songs for a Sunday.
So yeah, fairly obviously you're a Christian.

Covid. Yes, done to death but personally, I would like to hear your side, your experience or thoughts on this.

Lol, no. Here I am not a manager, a moderator or "someone else" to be afraid of here. It's @Joe Blow that wields the big stick in this house.

To conclude, again thanks for and appreciate the reply.

Sincerely,
Craton

He speaks soft as well. :cool:

Reaction score
Haha Craton

You come cross as a fairly decent and likeable person, unlike myself, who reading back, seem to be a bit of a haughty character. I'm not, but I was being defensive (and apprehensive) I think. I feel that we can be friends. I will rectify the introduction thing up in your Covid thread.

Regarding the Sunday Sacred title, I had no idea that it could be interpreted as you have. I'll change the name to something else.

Thank you for your amiable answer to my post.

Regards, Recklyn

Reaction score
Praising & Glorifying God ~ 24 October 2021
Gracias Choir Part 1
While I was searching for congregational hymn singing, back in September, I came upon this little treasure.
Gracias Choir calls Korea home. The Gracias Choir was founded in 2000 and has relentlessly pursued excellence in artistry of classical music, as well as emotional purification, education, and international fellowship through classical music. It was incorporated in 2013. Since then, in 2015, the Gracias Choir won the highest prize at the Marktoberdorf International Choral Competition in Germany.
Gracias in Spanish means thank you. The music of the Gracias Choir has the special power to chime people’s hearts. This is because each member of the choir, one by one, sing with the heart of thankfulness they have received from God.
The music of the Gracias Choir has the special power to comfort the hearts of the listeners and to change their sadness to joy. With the belief that music changes people’s hearts, the Gracias Choir has performed over 200 times in the last 20 years in numerous countries in world renowned venues, in front of presidents, kings, as well as in slums and run down neighborhoods. The Gracias Choir has spread comfort and hope into people’s hearts through vivid sounds and soul-echoing harmonies. The Gracias Choir continues to be loved by people all over the world.