• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

SMSF & Commercial Property Funds

Discussion in 'Medium/Long Term Investing' started by galumay, Aug 26, 2014.

sentifi.com

Aussie Stock Forum Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

1. galumay

galumay learner

I am considering investing some of our SMSF funds into a commercial property fund, AMP Capital offer their Wholesale Australian Property Fund and companies like Charter Hall and Arena offer similar funds.

The problem I am having is finding a good resource for researching and comparing commercial property funds in Australia, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2. pixel

pixel DIY Trader

In spite of your avatar - which suggests a certain computer background - I suppose you want to compare the funds on "fundamental" property valuation, right?
    You could start with http://www.tradingroom.com.au/apps/mkt/industrylisting.ac?code=4040 and import it into Excel. Then sort the list by various columns that match your criteria.

Being more technically inclined, I would stick the "Investment-grade" stocks into a watchlist and analyse each stock's chart with my "favourite" template on a weekly, daily, or possibly even Intraday chart.

PS: If you want to go one level deeper and pick/ choose specific funds that are offered by those listed R/E companies, you'll probably need to build a list yourself. I am not aware of a website that does for discrete funds what sites like InfoChoice do for term deposits, insurance, or mortgage offers. (Doesn't mean there is none though. Happy hunting :) )

3. galumay

galumay learner

Thanks for the prompt reply Pixel, yes, i own an Apple Store! (and a coffee roastery, hence the avatar).
    That link gives me listed funds, I was more interested in the unlisted ones. While I dont use a technical analysis approach, I am not sure what a 'fundamental' valuation of such instruments would look like anyway!!

You have hit the nail on the head, I am really looking for a website/forum or similar resource for comparing the unlisted property funds that SMSF's may have access to. A forlorn search I suspect!