• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Most liked posts in thread: Sharelord.com? Anyone heard of these guys?

1. beachlife

beachlife

I hate to admit it but I was sucked in by FFI twice when I was starting out. I did the beginners and so called advanced courses, costing around $5000 and proceded to lose around $20,000.

The support groups were just full of people complaining about how much money they had lost. The fact that they have support groups says it all. If their so called system was so good and so easy, why would they even need a support group. The fact is the support group is there so they can keep you on their list and sell you the next level of courses. You will then be bombarded with emails promoting everything from internet courses to pyramid schemes.

Sharelord is nothing more than a basic covered call option strategy. They market it by falsely comparing it to renting a house, what they dont tell you is that unlike renting a house, you can loose all your shares. Did you ever hear of a tenant forcing the land lord to sell his house - of course not.

They will then start recommending naked puts and naked calls - these are dealy for the new player.

Save your time and money, buy a couple of good books (I like Lousie Bedfords Books) and put the money you would have wasted on the course into your trading account.

Good luck.

2. lotfollahi

lotfollahi

hi beachlife,

I would be more than thankful if you send me an e-mail so I can talk to you in private.
    Thankyou

3. vincent191

vincent191

Lotfollahi....you from FFI or what?? It is appreciated to hear Beachlife's side of the story. Writing naked put & call options is definately not for everybody.

4. kam75

kam75

Just their name should make you thread with caution!

5. wealthstudent

wealthstudent

Share renting/ Sharelord product

I've seen a couple of posts and responses re: the strategy of share renting using a product called Sharelord.
    I'm a completely newbie to owning a share, let along trading one. But I decided to give it a go.
    If anyone is interested in tracking my progress and seeing whether the marketing hype is true, I'll be happy to share my experiences. It's still early days though.
    I can assure you this is no company playing a PR trick. I have no association with this company. I've just purchased the product and am using it (well, I started virtual trading today).
    I'm genuinely trying to generate extra cashflow to buy investment properties so I can ultimately leave my day job.
    Cheers,
    M

6. Gunlom

Gunlom Gunlom

These companies are a dime a dozen, the only guaranteed money making thing about them, is that they will definitely make money from you.

By all means please let us know how it goes for you....

But anyone that reads these forums on a regular basis ( and other places ) will know how this ends all ready... It's the few things guaranteed about it.

If it's not to late get a refund, and go to your local library and read a few options books, you will know more by the end of that. And for free....

If you have the application, determination and interest you can make a success of any investment style. But there are no easy ways to do anything.....

7. ROE

ROE

save your money now and repeat these sentences

there is no easy way to make money
    there is no secret trading system
    there is no secret way to make money

most of these system use re-enforcement idea that seems easy to follow
    ie they use historic data and charts to tell you if I was buy here and sell here and come back here I'm kicking ass, easy money in the market :D

the trouble is future is far far more unpredictable and I doubt any of these trainer can really make a decent amount of money out of their teaching material

time, patient, saving and compounding is your friend not some hot shot sharelord :)

the easiest way to make money is to sell some body a secret that never was :D

8. chrisalex

chrisalex

I really cannot believe people can pay any company thousands of dollars to make money. It's the human frailty called "greed" they prey on.
    chrisalex

9. brty

brty

Why does this thread even exist??

I thought the mods had purged this company from the system after the threat of legal action because disgruntled customers who had lost money, recanted their stories in some other thread?

If it is a different company, I apologise, but why wait for the upset newbee losers to start appearing?

brty

10. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

brty,

It actually serves a useful purpose. Many people will do a search on the likes of these before p1ssing their money into the wind. ASF threads are often ranked highly, giving people a dose of reality in between all the ridiculous blogs, waxing lyrical.... who just so happen to be signed up to their referral program. :rolleyes:

11. Ruby

Ruby

To those enquiring about "Sharelord" (Ugh! what an awful name!! Sounds like some sort of religious experience!)........

About 6 years ago a friend of mine went to an FFI weekend seminar. (FFI = Nik Haluk = Sharelord) for which she paid something in the vicinity of $3,000. Apparently there were about 80 people there, and at the end of the weekend, a third day was tacked on at a further cost. You do the sums!

If Nik Haluk was raking in this sort of money every week - or even every month - from his seminars, it is no wonder he is so wealthy. I think he is very good at marketing himself, but as for his program - I am unable to comment.

12. lamta20

lamta20

Yeah I've heard of him, he is great and i am doing sharelord and it has tremendously help me make some good profits month in and month out.

13. adobee

adobee

why is it people asking about these companies or saying how great they are always new posters.. ?

I am not familiar with the share lord or any other advise companies for shares.. I am familiar with many real estate ones.. and can say with confidence that they are a rip..

Personally I would suggest you get a library card and borrow a few books on shares and trading than pay some vultures your money.. If the systems were that good I would imagine these sales men would be running hedge funds or writing new algorithms..

14. Ruby

Ruby

Lamta20, are you trading with live money yet, or are you still sim trading? Are you able to show us some trading statements to back up your claims? This would give your post (and FFI) some credibility.

Not having a go at you - I am genuinely interested, and I am sure others are too.

15. moreld

moreld

I love threads like this, outing specific companies and practices. It's sad that there is such a continual supply of newbie suckers for them to pray on.

I noticed a few comments on the evils of naked puts, which I'd like to comment on.

Many people believe that naked puts are dangerous and yet also believe covered calls are safe. That misconception is even enshrined in option trading authorisation levels at most exchanges, i.e. covered calls are Lvl 1 wheres naked puts are Lvl 4.

The reality is covered calls and naked puts have the same risk reward profile. You are capping you reward and taking on all the downside risk. the payoff from a covered call and naked put are virtually identical.

I prefer naked puts as they involve only one transaction to open and close, compared to two transactions for calls. Which makes them cheaper, but more importantly having a naked put really focuses the mind on what it should always be focused on: the downside. When you sell a naked put you get your cash then all you have left to consider is the downside. Conversely when you sell a call, it is easy to fall into the trap of still thinking you have upside as you are long the stock and as you're long the stock you often neglect the downside of the stock falling.

Perhaps someone is thinking, but if I already own the stock, then covered calls make more sense. Perhaps, but you may get more focus by selling the stock and selling the equivalent put, as I've said you then clearly see what you have -> DOWNSIDE RISK for CAPPED REWARD.

Happy trading all.

16. wayneL

wayneL Rotaredom

Don't hold your breath Ruby. ;)

17. Boggo

Boggo

This lamta is the same rocket scientist that I had a query about here
    https://www.aussiestockforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=588246&postcount=21

These guys must think we are pretty stupid, very few of them ever seem to make double digit posts, gotta love them for trying I suppose.

18. nulla nulla

nulla nulla Positive Expectancy

Yep, it helped me quit the booze, regrow my hair, over-come dyslexia, cut down on cafine and become a better person......oh, and the chicks really go for me now.

19. ruth

ruth

Re: Share renting/ Sharelord product

Hi wealthstudent,

Wondering how your sharelord trading is going. I would appreciate your feedback on whether it has so far come up to expectations. Are you making the 3% to 6% profit per month as per advertised? How is the mentoring - do they give you a decent amount of time per week and do they coach you well on how to do it? Any losses so far?

Would appreciate your feedback as looking to purchase the program possibly.

20. EddyPoh

EddyPoh

Hi Ruby,

I've been a student of Sharelord for over a year now. I can put my hand on my heart and say Sharelord or FFI are genuine . FYI the returns on using Sharelord has replaced my JOB!
    I'm more than happy to show you my past 12 months activities, with include what i've earned etc. I've been earning 4-5% per month.

email me at eddykfpoh@gmail.com