Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Shareholder benefits (1 Viewer)

Joined
Jul 17, 2005
Posts
74
Reactions
0
I know companies offer share holder benefits such as discounts on their products, but where do you find the information?

Does the asx list what benefits you receive if you own a certain amount of shares? I tried searching the coles myer site as an example but had no luck. Any help would be great as I cant seem to find a thing :banghead:
 

Realist

Billie Jean is not my lover
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Posts
2,057
Reactions
2
Re: Share holder benefits

I think you'll find these days there are virtually no benefits offered to shareholders by companies.

I remember the Coles discount etc. those days are over. :(
 

GreatPig

Pigs In Space
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Posts
2,368
Reactions
10
Re: Share holder benefits

Realist said:
I think you'll find these days there are virtually no benefits offered to shareholders by companies.
Well I've received cards recently for shareholder discount schemes from David Jones, Bendigo Bank, and ANZ Bank.

None of them have been of use to me personally, but I'm sure other companies would have similar schemes.

GP
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Posts
1,996
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

LVL (LV Living) shareholders were given a free $1,000 rewards resort certificate only months ago.

The certificate can be used as part payment toward holiday resort accomodation.

So there are some perks to owning shares in some companies.

http://www.lvliving.com.au/index.asp

The ceritifcate was granted through LVL's partnership with Rewards Corp.

http://rewardscorp.com.au
 

Julia

In Memoriam
Joined
May 10, 2005
Posts
16,986
Reactions
1,945
Re: Share holder benefits

GreatPig said:
Well I've received cards recently for shareholder discount schemes from David Jones, Bendigo Bank, and ANZ Bank.

None of them have been of use to me personally, but I'm sure other companies would have similar schemes.

GP

Yes, I make regular use of my ANZ card. However, I think the original question was probably looking more for the sort of system that used to operate within Coles Myer before it was axed.

However, they must still have something going there because I am repeatedly asked "Do you have Flybuys" when I shop there. What's this about?

Julia
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Posts
502
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Julia said:
Yes, I make regular use of my ANZ card. However, I think the original question was probably looking more for the sort of system that used to operate within Coles Myer before it was axed.

However, they must still have something going there because I am repeatedly asked "Do you have Flybuys" when I shop there. What's this about?

Julia
Flybuys are Australias biggest customer reward loyalty program ,there are no fees involved you recieve flybuy points in exchange for dollars spent at stores like Coles ,Bi Lo,Budget,Liquorland,Myer,NAB,Officeworks,Shell,Target,K-Mart ect................
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Posts
1,040
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Julia said:
Yes, I make regular use of my ANZ card. However, I think the original question was probably looking more for the sort of system that used to operate within Coles Myer before it was axed.

However, they must still have something going there because I am repeatedly asked "Do you have Flybuys" when I shop there. What's this about?

Julia
Julia,the flybuys is connected to Myer 1 card,if you spend about 1 thousand dollars a year you get a reward.I`m not sure of the actual amount but its not very high.
So thats probably the reason.
 
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Posts
2,633
Reactions
3
Re: Share holder benefits

justjohn said:
Flybuys are Australias biggest customer reward loyalty program ,there are no fees involved you recieve flybuy points in exchange for dollars spent at stores like Coles ,Bi Lo,Budget,Liquorland,Myer,NAB,Officeworks,Shell,Target,K-Mart ect................


How do you get Flybuys card?
 

silence

Toot Toot!
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Posts
131
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Just ask for an application form at coles, kmart, etc.


But trust me, it's not worth doing unless you will spend $30000+ on goods at coles myer businesses each year.

Any less and you might get some free movie tickets.
 

Prospector

Not a scaredy cat anymore
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Posts
2,594
Reactions
2
Re: Share holder benefits

I joined Fly Buys when it first started. I used it more in the Coles Sharediscount days, and these days it is attached to our Business Credit card (NAB) so I get points from there too.

I have used them in exchange for three Mystery Flights for my mother (who ended up in Perth, Alice Springs and Brisbane for the day) and she was also upgraded to Business class because she is sight impaired (not blind though!) I have had numerous $100 gift vouchers and just last month purchased a pocket digtal camera!

So it does work but what has bumped mine along is the link with the business card and now Office Works has them too!
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Posts
333
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Think I saw that either etrade or options-express was giving flybuys on brokerage but I cant find it at the moment.
could have been a promotion at the time
John
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Posts
1,996
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Rewards progams are a huge success for business' it raises thier profit margins and it brings in loyal customers.
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Posts
333
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

Hi Stop
How can an expense raise your profit margin? It can help your turn over and customer loyalty but not enough to allow raised prices to impact the books.
John
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Posts
285
Reactions
0
Re: Share holder benefits

"Think I saw that either etrade or options-express was giving flybuys on brokerage but I cant find it at the moment.
could have been a promotion at the time
John"

You get 1 frequent flyer point for every $3 spent in brokerage with Etrade, but that's frequent flyers with Qantas not Fly Buys which is different.

cheers
Mouse.
 

Realist

Billie Jean is not my lover
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Posts
2,057
Reactions
2
Re: Share holder benefits

Mouse said:
"

You get 1 frequent flyer point for every $3 spent in brokerage with Etrade, but that's frequent flyers with Qantas not Fly Buys which is different.

So you're just 4500 trades away from a free trip to NZ worth $400. :rolleyes:

You'd be better off using a broker that was $1 cheaper per trade obviously.

Commsec!!


I have a hell of alot of Frequent flyer points myself - over 100,000 - I can't bloody use them, they always lock off holiday periods and certain flights, it infuriates me. Then you can't do package deals that include car hire or accomodation. I really think Frequent Flyer points are overratted.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top