• Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Hello and welcome to Aussie Stock Forums!

To gain full access you must register. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds to complete.

Already a member? Log in here.

Share suggestions to diversify my $30K NAB share portfolio

Discussion in 'Medium/Long Term Investing' started by touchofstyle, Jun 1, 2018.

1. touchofstyle

touchofstyle

I have current have 33k in NAB shares I have earned from employment bonuses over the years.

I am quite happy with those and plan to keep them but I wanted to diversify
    is something other than financial institutions

I was looking to put another 10k in fully franked dividend Australia shares and wanted to have something to balance out my NAB shares

So if something happens to the NAB or financial institutions in general my alternative shares would not be affected negatively as much

My focus is for a constant good dividend Full franked around 4% for long term ownership.

2. luutzu

luutzu

MND pays about 4% at current prices. SIG about 6.7%. Fully franked.

Share price could be bumpy ahead but they're worth a look into. ps I hold them and do your own research etc.

When the financial sector goes down the tube, it's going to take quite a big chunk of the market with it.

3. So_Cynical

So_Cynical The Contrarian Averager

There is maybe 200 stocks paying around 4% Fully Franked, would you be comfortable with Telstra at the current price? just curious.

4. Mr Bear

Mr Bear Businesses don’t change often, perception does..

Why would you keep your staff shares? Don’t you want to allocate your capital to the most rational portfolio rather than a biased one where you hold shares just because you work somewhere? Fine to hold bank shares but there’s better bank shares than NAB not to mention the bank trade is over and the financial sector is trending down.

I provide a monthly list of the best 6 stocks large, mid and small for capital growth, these are the cheapest stocks with the most price momentum. Worth checking out the posts, large cap portfolio tracks over 20% pa

5. sptrawler

sptrawler

Great question, should be posted in the TLS thread. IMO

6. Knobby22

Knobby22 Mmmmmm 2nd breakfast

4% and not be involved in the financial industry is a tough ask.

7. Knobby22

Ax1 Accent group could meet the mark.

I like VET Cleanaway as a long term hold but yield is lower. Same with TCL Transurban. Safer and better growth and after 5 years the yield would have increased probably to 4% at the price you bought it.

A different sector of the financial market is Super and stockbroking. BFG is my suggestion with a yield greater than 4% and would still increase your diversity.

Woodside WP L would get you into gas with a reasonable yield.

8. Knobby22

Where do you do that?

9. Mr Bear

Mr Bear Businesses don’t change often, perception does..

Not sure how to link to it but I started this thread "Small Cap Investing 12 Month Portfolio High Return" poor name I know, originally I thought I would just log my small cap trades but decided to provide the model for All Ords and ASX200 as well.

10. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Administrator Staff Member

Hi Mr Bear, to link to a thread just copy and paste the URL.

Here's a link to your thread that you mentioned: Small Cap Investing 12 Month Portfolio High Return

To link to a thread like I did, simply copy and paste the thread title (or type it out), highlight it with your mouse, then click the "Link" option in the post editing controls and paste the URL into the box that pops up.

11. PZ99

PZ99 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd go with Goodman (GMG) myself. Do a one year comparison with GMG vs NAB.

12. Mr ABC

Mr ABC

If your overweight finance I’d go materials, mining or something that sells to a consumer.

13. Redbeard

Redbeard

Westfarmers, IAG and any Share Indexed Share (AFIC,Argo,etc). But given the Royal commission and all the bank prices tanking I would wait for a recovery when memories dim..

14. oilleak

oilleak

Have a look at WAA...... might be a financial stock officially, but paying nice divvy and should have little correlation to market moves.